Simple Helicopter Collective for Fanatec Fans

I've been adding flight to my sim pit (built around a GT Omega Art frame) for the last couple months, and am infatuated with the DCS Huey. I scoured the internet looking for a reasonably priced collective, but came up empty. I've already got a Fanatec Race Wheel, pedals (incl. load cell brake), so I bought a Fanatec handbrake with the hopes it could be easily mod'ed into a collective lever. When it showed up, I popped it open, removed the return spring, and it works great! Easily mounted to my GT Omega frame - I didn't even have to drill holes.

For phase II, I bought a cheap joystick, (here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G0PPWUC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) and glued it to the end to give me a couple HOTAS buttons to work with (partly an experiment to consider going to a Virpil left hand grip or something later). Works well, and should hold me over till someone comes out with a (reasonably priced) better collective solution.

So if you've got a Fanatec system already, it's a reasonably priced collective option that doesn't take a lot of work to put together.

If anyone's interested in more details, let me know and I can post a couple pics, just wanted to share the idea in case it helps someone else out, as I've certainly received way more help reading everyone else's stuff than I've given.

Sounds like a plan. Do you have any pics?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Pics

Here's a pic with the hot-swappable Warthog throttle behind the seat. Just lift one out of the bracket and set the other one in. PM me if anyone is interested in the innards of the grip. Bond - I'm guessing the grip handle on the side of yours is to tighten / loosen the friction. I didn't find much benefit / difference with mine doing that - what's yours like?

IMG_0309.JPG.5f112c0861db5763dade395ceeaaa3f8.JPG

Edited by DEG

Yes it makes big difference having a collective for helicopters, here are some earlier prototype tests for my sim pit . :D

Some picks on collective development, Still a WIP.

The other gotcha for a cyclic is that most of the cheaper (if not more expensive units) is that the controllers incorporate a "dead spot" in the center of the action, you need to look at 3rd party USB interfaces then the fun begins. ;)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I am using this system.

It was created by a german guy and is not available anymore

This system is fixed on a SAITEK X-50 throttle.

At the end of the lever is a modified Saitek Pro Gamer Command unit.

it's very effective, I use it since more than 10 years now...

190095331_16_16fvrier2008(1).thumb.JPG.a184f8c235ea47f6c557788326c1c9ba.JPG

• 1 month later...
Not very cheap but...

UH-1 collective lever !

DCS Kompatible software

http://oe-xam-simulators.blogspot.com/2018/07/huey-collective.html#more

I will definitively order this one in the future but I am still waiting additionnal info from OE-XAM

Razerback did you have any joy? I'm looking at the same unit and wanting to place an order soon as I sell my Next Level V3 motion platform.

Razerback did you have any joy? I'm looking at the same unit and wanting to place an order soon as I sell my Next Level V3 motion platform.

I'm also looking at this, anyone here get one?

I'm enjoying the most expensive free game in history. Leave me alone. :joystick::pilotfly:

I've used their Bell 206 collective for about 5 years now and love it. I want to order this as well but I find their shipping fees to be too much especially with the product already at almost $800US. The shipping puts it out of reach.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

• 2 years later...