Kneeboard only half on screen - MultiMonitor

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 4 weeks later...

this is how i do it to pass IC...

copy Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

to

Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling-resize.lua

make changes that you need to that file

copy Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\init.lua

to

Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\init2.lua

in that file change the line:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

to

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling-resize.lua")

copy Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\declare_kneeboard_device.lua

to

Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\declare_kneeboard_device2.lua

change line:

local init_script = LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/init.lua"

to

local init_script = LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/init2.lua"

all these files will stay during dcs updates.

the following need to be reset after every update:

for each plane, you need to edit the device_init.lua

for example the f18:

edit:

Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\device_init.lua

change line:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/declare_kneeboard_device.lua")

to

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/declare_kneeboard_device2.lua")

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for that! I have been using this for a while now, works like a charm.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

copy Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

to

Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling-resize.lua

copy Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\init.lua

to

Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\init2.lua

to

copy Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\declare_kneeboard_device.lua

to

Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\declare_kneeboard_device2.lua

change line:

local init_script = LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/init.lua"

to

local init_script = LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/init2.lua"

for example the f18:

edit:

Y:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\device_init.lua

change line:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/declare_kneeboard_device.lua")

to

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/declare_kneeboard_device2.lua")

Excellent, Thanks :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Since the last update on Open Beta: Version 2.5.5.32533 I've had an issue that has been narrowed down to this mod. I put the files that need to be "updated each time the game updates" into a mod folder using OVGME so I just disable it when I update, but now with this mod enabled, when I run the game in an F-18c my INS does not update from the mission initialization apparently. I can start the plane anywhere on the map and the INS will put me squarely in the center of the Crimea Peninsula on the HSI. F10 map shows my true position. HSI waypoints show their true locations, but my plane's location on the HSI is WAY off saying I'm hundreds of miles away from WP0 which is the starting point.

I'll have to do a little more digging and testing, but it's interesting that this change to the position and size of the kneeboard is what causes this to happen.

Again though, I THINK this only started happening after the last update a few to several weeks ago, can't remember exactly.

I have no problems with this tool for a long time. I just let Dcs do its update. After it's done I simply run KBB and apply/save the Preferences again, and then set the profile that I want from the Systray icon. And everything works fine. You don't need to backup and restore any files with Ovgme.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I have no problems with this tool for a long time. I just let Dcs do its update. After it's done I simply run KBB and apply/save the Preferences again, and then set the profile that I want from the Systray icon. And everything works fine. You don't need to backup and restore any files with Ovgme.

Thanks but KBB does not apply to what I'm discussing. Thanks though. For those that KBB works for, awesome. It's a great tool and I'm glad it works for you.

Prionic1, ED can and does change the "files that need to be changed every update" like when they add new features to f18 that file may change and you are overwriting those changes with your saved files.

It is best for planes that are updated frequently to make the change to that one line manually rather than using a mod manager.

Yes, and if you use Notepad++ you can download an additional Plugin for comparing files that shows you exactly what lines were Added, Deleted, and Changed. Very useful for finding out exactly what any mod is doing.

Prionic1, ED can and does change the "files that need to be changed every update" like when they add new features to f18 that file may change and you are overwriting those changes with your saved files.

It is best for planes that are updated frequently to make the change to that one line manually rather than using a mod manager.

Good point, I'll run a diff and see what changed in there. Thanks for the reply. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

What if DCS does an update to a file that's in OVGME?

Yeah, I would love an answer to this as well. I thought kneeboard builder allowed you to reposition the kneeboard but I can't see where that option exists.

not sure if they've programmed that in yet. i could not find where to change the size and position of the kneeboard files. perhaps i was looking in the wrong spot but the options in their instructions vs. what was in the newest version i was using was two different things. Can anyone please advise.. the PDF file where "Kneeboard Size" is referenced has a reference to a little icon that you click that has a blue arrow in a black box and then it says you are taken to the KNEEBOARD Size: Box, where you then see Hight in PX and Width in PX. i dont see the little do-hicky to be able to move it, much less see the pixel count for the x and y axis of the .png files.

Edited by bad_turbulence

to

to

to

to

change line:

to

for example the f18:

edit:

change line:

to

since last patch is not working anymore, is there a turn around?

• 2 months later...
since last patch is not working anymore, is there a turn around?
Yup. It used to be working but no longer now. I've tried modified viewport lua but it failed the IC in MP.

I understand the changed probably has something to do with protection but ED should make kneeboard position unaffected by using multimonitor in the first place. C'mon ED.....

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze