INS update/realignment

Airhunter

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Chad Vader said:

Im thinking more of, if im in a MP server and ive flown a few sorties and got some drift...

Im back at base and need to do a fix.. is that the correct procedure to reset my LS and fix the drift?

I didnt check how it works online yet. Maybe - turn off the cartrige, do flight plan again (F10?), check kneebord for flight plan - from ME or F10, put cartrige again and start confirming datas? Before it you can reset the all data in CK (Nav data clear button). 

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

7 minutes ago, YoYo said:

I didnt check how it works online yet. Maybe - turn off the cartrige, do flight plan again (F10?), check kneebord for flight plan - from ME or F10, put cartrige again and start confirming datas? Before it you can reset the all data in CK (Nav data clear button). 

Thanks for reply.

Its not the flight plan I need its the INS drift correction.

I just need to know if to correct INS drift I can line up with the runway and press the reference button?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 9:38 AM, Chad Vader said:

Thanks for reply.

Its not the flight plan I need its the INS drift correction.

I just need to know if to correct INS drift I can line up with the runway and press the reference button?

There are two ways to reset the directional gyro heading.  If you don't press the Reference button, the directional gyro is aligned to the average heading of your takeoff roll.  If you press the Reference button it aligns immediately and skips the other method I just mentioned.  Either way, your directional gyro gets realigned every time you takeoff.

Note that the above depends on you setting master mode BER after you land and when you are taxiing around, and setting it back to NAV when you are nearly aligned with the runway.  Also set LS as your destination, and make sure its REF code is set for the correct airfield if you have landed somewhere else.

nullnullnullimage.png

image.png

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."