Some questions regarding JHMCS and A/G

momsi

Hi,

I've got a question regarding ground attacks.

1) I remember jello from the fighter pilot podcast said that with the JHMCS you could look at a target on the ground and designate that point as target. This is not possible at the moment in DCS. Will this be implemented, or is the JHMCS completed? I think the JHMCS is pretty useless, excluding the use in combination with the 9X of course.

2) the rectangle/diamond around locked targets in air to air mode can also be seen outside the HUD through the JHMCS. This is not true for designated ground targets, is this correct? Similar to question 1 I think it would be a huge advantage to be able to designate and see targets with the JHMCS... Especially if the ccip line would also be projected.

3) in some videos on YouTube or where ever you can see the pilot inputting 9-line data from jtac into the ufc. Is there some kind of CAS page in the DDI or is it just creating a waypoint at the specific coordinates?

4) waypoints are inputted in the UFC as deg, min, sec. But displayed in the HSI as deg, min. with minutes in decimal. I know this has been talked about before but is there any news if that's also like this in RL, or if this will be changed in the future and how?

Thanks in advance and best regards from Germany, which might be buying hornets for their airforce to replace tornados.... What a time to be alive.. Sadly km too old to join the forces..

1) should be at a later date once ground radar and other ATFLIR / LITENING are added (i believe)

2) Correct, JHMCS will not see ground locked targets yet.

3) crating a waypoint at the given point, then TGT designating that waypoint

4) I believe the HSI is true to the IRL jet and Entry is the way it is due to DCS's layout. Pretty sure there was a thread on this too (i could be very wrong here. Someone chime in and confirm).

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

2) the rectangle/diamond around locked targets in air to air mode can also be seen outside the HUD through the JHMCS. This is not true for designated ground targets, is this correct? Similar to question 1 I think it would be a huge advantage to be able to designate and see targets with the JHMCS... Especially if the ccip line would also be projected.

I don’t know for a fact the Hornet can do this, but it sure would make a lot of sense! Especially since we know from Jello that you can designate a point on the ground, it would be weird if you couldn’t see the point you had designated.

• 2 months later...

That ground designation using JHMCS will be the hall mark for hornet.

Right now everything in hornet is really repeating that other modules has been doing (excluding HARM).

But once a CAS pilot can fly, observe with eyes the battlefield and designate area, target etc for themselves as for friends, everything changes.

Then one can perform the strike tasks by flying more and fast, quickly designate targets and get out for actual attack or let the friend flying little after receive targets for bombing.

All the coordinates inputting is fancy way to things, necessary for most situations, but being able to mark target by looking is the most glorious way.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Wait, I read the rule 1.16 follow up and I am not sure if I am violating it. Please excuse me if I am. Can someone point me in the right direction of whether this violates it or not?

:lol:

I just hope that rule 1:16 won't stop ED from addressing the PA mode... later on:smartass: