Mig19B or F5E Faster?

Dirty Rotten Flieger

Been playing on he Cold War and Bush War Servers and some guys on there said the Farmer was faster than the Tiger.

When I google it I find

Mig19 1100km/h on deck and 1450km/h (M= 1.367) at 10000m

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/mig-19-specs.htm

Which would make it just a little slower than the Tiger on the dack and gradually the tiger pulls further ahead at altitude.

Has anybody tested the top speed on the deck and the top speed at altitude of Razbam's

Farmer B?

My uneducated guess:

The Mig-19 will have a slightly lower top speed, but it will accelerate better. Also probably it will be best to stay between 600-800 km/h somewhere and try to use the superior (hopefully) sustained turn performance. At least this is what comes to mind for me just by looking at it. :) We'll see... tomorrow maybe?

My uneducated guess:

The Mig-19 will have a slightly lower top speed, but it will accelerate better. Also probably it will be best to stay between 600-800 km/h somewhere and try to use the superior (hopefully) sustained turn performance. At least this is what comes to mind for me just by looking at it. :) We'll see... tomorrow maybe?

F5E has faster top speed, mig19 has superior acceleration ( thrust to weight) in a straight line and small advantage in ROC. ( 2M/S better) however the stats ive looked at apply to the Mig19S. I would guess the Mig19P is heavier due to radar

I doubt a aircraftvery High angle sweep wing is going to outturn the F5E excerpt maybe in in higher end of the speed regimens, given the F5's more advanced wing features that incorporates autoflaps and wing leading extension slats.

a High swept wing by characteristic isnt going to be good at turning at low speeds. especially when it doesn't have leading extensions flaps to help it out. Also the Mig19 is going to have a worse roll rate, and thus be slower to initiate a turn

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

F5E has faster top speed, mig19 has superior acceleration ( thrust to weight) in a straight line and small advantage in ROC. ( 2M/S better) however the stats ive looked at apply to the Mig19S. I would guess the Mig19P is heavier due to radar

I doubt a aircraftvery High angle sweep wing is going to outturn the F5E excerpt maybe in in higher end of the speed regimens, given the F5's more advanced wing features that incorporates autoflaps and wing leading extension slats.

a High swept wing by characteristic isnt going to be good at turning at low speeds. especially when it doesn't have leading extensions flaps to help it out. Also the Mig19 is going to have a worse roll rate, and thus be slower to initiate a turn

Yes, of course the F-5 has lots of nice features, but I was talking about sustained turn performance at that given speed range. Getting low and slow with the Mig will probably be a bad idea.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thanks Zeus,

I had actually seen that youtube vid and I thought it was testing the relative skill/experience of the pilots more than the planes.

I asked him in the comments to just do one where they try to out turn each other on the deck and then race each other on the deck... to test the planes instead of the pilots.

I expect it to be a close fight. I love these early jets with guns, burners and heaters.