[NO BUG] Pitch Ladder Rotated?

McShetty

Starts out fine and then 10-20 minutes later it ends up like this. Sometimes it slowly happens and sometimes quick. Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong? I tried doing a shutdown and start and it persisted.

1476243824_DesktopScreenshot2019_03.18-14_40_25_93.thumb.png.9a621ca8e01b90b65ba21da779884bc5.png

Edited by Cobra847

We've found out that when using ASH alignment (the quick "stored heading" one) the INS was loosing accuracy pretty quick (about 15' of angle for a 30 minutes long flight).

Maybe you just need a quick TACAN fix to the INS ?

Btw is Jester capable of these fixes ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Krzysztof, I don't know if you're asking me or the OP ?

In my case, GND Fine alignment by human operator.

Do you know if Jester is capable making navigation fixes ?

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

No no, we were on the ground (Tbilissi)

We have never observed such behaviour. Another thing I suspect is that the system was in the AHRS/AM mode as a result of manual input or an IMU failure.

The navigation system is complicated and it requires more information to understand what caused the problem in your situation.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It's happened 2-3 times to me. Each time it was aligned on ground by Jester at initial startup using the fastest method. I've noticed it doesn't fail when 2nd method or above is used. Or at least it hasn't yet.

Edited by McShetty

This seems really to be a bug, because i have it since the last update and i had it also when letting Jester nalign to the finest setting.After a very short flight it begins to turn around without any hard g acceleration or other reasons. I would wonder if this was real F-14 behaviour, because i would not expect this to be combined with INS. Why shpould the INS turn the artificial horizon?

The FF is so nice but this makes it very uncomfortable to fly. It would be nice if this could be checked and if it is a malfunction it would be great to fix it soon... thx in advance...

We've never observed any issues, like the described in this topic, after a fine alignment. May I ask you to perform a cold start with Jester? Don't ask him for anything alignment related; make sure that the parking brake is set, and don't release it until Jester says that you're ready to go. This procedure should make your flight smooth, without any INS related anomalies.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

"Go Now" can be used before COARSE is reached, but the user has to accept the consequences - selecting "Go Now" before COARSE puts the INS into IMU/AM and continues erecting the IMU. Any movement before the IMU is erected can result in huge errors.

We will replace the selection of the IMU/AM with the AHRS/AM which should allow for quicker reaction times.

It is also important to understand that selecting anything else than FINE or MIN WPN LAUNCH should be used only when the pilot knows all details of the INS system and is aware of the consequences of those choices.

Less experienced users shouldn't use any option and simply wait for Jester to perform the full alignment.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

The last time i had chosen it was with "go fine" and it still happened!

That is why i am wondering... i also set "stored alignement" in the editor, but did the full alignement with wiating for the RIOs "ready to start"and while it was ok in the first three minutes it already became bad after a very short amount of time...

there may be one reason which i will have to check. There were some course changes form the carrier during the alignement. The system may not be able to handle that but i will go into further investigation today...

• 2 weeks later...

What if the alignment goes wrong during flying, and I want Jester to perform a re-align (if possible). What steps are to be taken to accomplish this part?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1