Su-25T Roughness Maps

Grajo

Hi,

After some "cheap" map tweaks the Su-25T is finally a bit better looking.

Su-25-T-PBR-v02-square.jpg

Su-25-T-PBR-v01.jpg

DOWNLOAD here v01

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303986/

Problem is that seems like the model has no normal maps and the reflections are quite awfully "cut" between some different parts of the model (the same thing happens with Su-25). So far, I see no way that I can fix this... What stops me from going any further in any improvement of what I got now :[.

Su-25-T-PBR-Reflection-problem.jpg

Please, if anybody can help to troubleshoot the "normals issue", if possible, would love to get any help.

Having the 3D model of the Su-25T and Su-25 in .obj with UVs... would be really great.:music_whistling:

I tried adding a normal map to the Lua but does not seem to work...:helpsmilie:

livery = {
{"fuz-tail & fin", 0, "SU39-PAINT3-DEF-01", true},
{"fuz-tail & fin", 1, "SU39-PAINT3-DEF-01_NM", false},
}
name = "HR Standard"

countries = {
"RUS",
}

In any case, here it is for whoever might want to use it. I do, and still with its "issues" I think does look better than the vanilla one.

Thank you, and I hope you like it!

Edited by Grajo

The Su-25T was the first DCS aircraft that I learned to fly, and even tough now I'm busy with the Tomcat, I'd love to enhance the old bird :)

I do prefer to use a Mod Manager, even with IC compatible Mods, so that it is easy to re-apply after a DCS update:

cXurJIF.jpg

Maybe it isnt perfect, as you say, but your Mod does make for a better looking aircraft:

a4S6NEh.jpg

Thanks a lot for sharing :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi Rudel_chw,

Indeed is the first (only) module for some of my comrades in the squadron. I did not fly it before as I had the more "analog" Su-25 whitch I prefer.

Trying to give some "boost" to the old bird, so we can enjoy it more in our coop missions.

Happy to hear that you like it, and thanks for the screenshot, it does look much better in yours than in mine ... :]

Good idea to put it the way you can load it as a mod (also I use OvGME) , just in case you ever want your Su-25T to look "flat" again.

(I do not think this is gonna be "deleted" by any update as this Module does not have "official" Rough/Metal maps so far).

I hope that somebody can help with the normal maps or something and that I can try to improve this somehow.

Cheers

Edited by Grajo
update

Happy to hear that you like it, and thanks for the screenshot, it does look much better in yours than in mine ... :]

You are welcome .. any difference is probably because of the time of day and season I was using :)

Not sure if I misunderstood your words, but ... Have you done something similar for the Su-25A?

If so, I'd love to give it a try, as I have nice memories of that plane, as one of its Campaigns was the first DCS Campaign that I ever completed :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

No, sorry, I just did some few test for the Su-25A.

It has at least some old fashion specular map by default so vanilla does not look as bad as the Su-25T standard shader.

Both birds could be improved making some custom Rough/Metal maps (like the ones I prepared, but including all the dust and wear in a good way so it does show up in the reflections etc) although this requires plenty of time and care that unfortunately I do not have right now.

Would love to do something for this two birds but right now I am really busy trying to finish a skin for the Mi-8... Have the feeling I would never finish... :[.

This post might be interesting. Thanks to these guys I found out that some modules could be improved. Also they have some texture patch for other modules already set and ready to be downloaded:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233321

*If you ever wanna fly the Su-25 again, I recommend you this nice mini campaign by kabalum

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302244/

This post might be interesting. Thanks to these guys I found out that some modules could be improved. Also they have some texture patch for other modules already set and ready to be downloaded:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233321

Thanks ... I saw that thread when it first came out, but didnt realize the effect it can have on the old birds, so I skipped it ... will take a harder look, thanks for pointing it out :)

*If you ever wanna fly the Su-25 again, I recommend you this nice mini campaign by kabalum

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302244/

I have that Campaign, and I started to fly it but I must admit that I didnt get to finish it as it came about the same time as the reworked MiG-29, then the C-101CC came out, then the MiG-19 and now the Tomcat has catched my attention ... so little time, so many planes :D

Cheers