[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] F/A-18 Hornet A/G Radar ?

Guram

Nope. Still WIP. Date unkown.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

In 2015 Wags stated it‘s coming along nicely. Can‘t take too long now.

He somewhere stated last year, that the engineer who was working on the A-G radar left the company, which caused a delay as they had to find someone else to do the job.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

He somewhere stated last year, that the engineer who was working on the A-G radar left the company, which caused a delay as they had to find someone else to do the job.

Hah is that true? That is really unfortunate. Hope they will find someone who will continue work on A/G radar.

I guess he got bored after more than three years working on the A/R radar. :D

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I think TGPs are their next big priority after the datalink.

Wags has said the engineer assigned to the TGP is also assigned to HARMs, so TGP will come right after HARMs. For HARMs, Pre-Briefed mode and the pullback function is left.

Wags has said the engineer assigned to the TGP is also assigned to HARMs, so TGP will come right after HARMs. For HARMs, Pre-Briefed mode and the pullback function is left.

don't we have HARMs right now? or am I wrong?

My guess of what come in the near future

1). The Harm will be finished in the upcomming update

2). jdam

3). we will see a basic TGP pod ( from the a10c )

The TGP pod will be a fantasic tool to have, it make the hornet much better at A/G missions since now we can actual find the enemy on the ground. ;-)

4). maybe most of the SA / data link system will be implemented for data sharing of targets and sharing MARK points from the TGP.

( lets face it, its really helpfull to share a point on teh ground with your wingman... hey look here ;-)

5). maybe we soon ( within 2 month ) will see the first A/G radar mode.. however since the ground radar is rather complex and have many submodes and so on, then i would imagine we see an A/G radar that maybe "only" can show moving targets and not all the other radar modes to start with.

And a A/G radar mode where we can slave the TGP to look at a radar target.

My guess of what come in the near future

1). The Harm will be finished in the upcomming update

2). jdam

3). we will see a basic TGP pod ( from the a10c )

The TGP pod will be a fantasic tool to have, it make the hornet much better at A/G missions since now we can actual find the enemy on the ground. ;-)

4). maybe most of the SA / data link system will be implemented for data sharing of targets and sharing MARK points from the TGP.

( lets face it, its really helpfull to share a point on teh ground with your wingman... hey look here ;-)

5). maybe we soon ( within 2 month ) will see the first A/G radar mode.. however since the ground radar is rather complex and have many submodes and so on, then i would imagine we see an A/G radar that maybe "only" can show moving targets and not all the other radar modes to start with.

And a A/G radar mode where we can slave the TGP to look at a radar target.

This is pretty much what I'm thinking. Don't forget more radar functions like the few remaining buttons in RWS, then TWS and VS. I believe coming next is the multi sensor integration (MSI) feature.

No, it's much more complicated than that:

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Work is mostly focused on the air-to-ground radar that is making good progress; the team is now starting to create the various sub-modes such as the expanded modes. We have included a couple of images that show samples of the new air-to-ground radar technology that is based on radar reflectivity logic.

attachment.php?attachmentid=117059&d=1430413118

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...