Converting .miz to zip and back

AKA_Clutter

Hi,

I am trying to edit a mission to add a country to a coalition that was not originally there. I copied the mission, changed .miz to .zip, unziped via Win 10. After that I edited the mission file via Notepad++.

I tried to recompile via WIN 10 "Send" to compreeseed folder. All it give me is an error./ I have tried trouble shoot it, but get noting. I next tried WIN ZIP. I zipped the folder, and winzip did give error about the time stamps. I changed .zip to .miz and tried to open via the ME> Although the file shows up, nothing happens.

Any clues as to what I am doing wrong or suggestions on how to solve.

TIA

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

I use Winrar and do not even bother to unpack or change the extension, Just assign *.trk and *miz files to be opened with winrar. It will open up just like a folder, from there I can edit the compressed files (without extracting them), when you save, you get a message to if you want to update the compressed files. Yes, and all done. No hassles and less steps.

• Like 1

Hi,

I am trying to edit a mission to add a country to a coalition that was not originally there....

After that I edited the mission file via Notepad++.

I tried to recompile via WIN 10 "Send" to compreeseed folder.

Any clues as to what I am doing wrong or suggestions on how to solve.

This Mod allows you to edit the Coalitions of an existing Mission:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168720

Believe me, its much easier to install this Mod than trying to edit a mission using Notepad++ :)

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 years later...
On 4/13/2019 at 1:55 AM, Shahdoh said:

I use Winrar and do not even bother to unpack or change the extension, Just assign *.trk and *miz files to be opened with winrar. It will open up just like a folder, from there I can edit the compressed files (without extracting them), when you save, you get a message to if you want to update the compressed files. Yes, and all done. No hassles and less steps.

Nearly 5 years later and you just helped me to recover a few hours of progress making a MOOSE mission. Thanks