Crashes and Poor Performance in VR

GooseAviation

Hello Everybody!

I have been experiencing consistent crashes and poor performance within VR. I have an O+ and my PC specs and logs are below. I have tried reinstalling, repairing, custom page file, DDU on drivers, uninstalling Geforce Experience (read somewhere that this works). The poor performance I can deal with later, one step at a time eh?

Sincerely,

Goose

EDIT: No mods installed.

dcs.log.txt

Edited by GooseAviation

Modules: F-14A/B, A-10C, F/A-18C

Hardware: Thrustmaster T.16000M, Samsung Odyssey Plus

System: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.90, EVGA FTW3 1080ti, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, G.Skill Trident Z 16GB @2933, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, 2 x 1TB HDD in Raid 0

Hey mate, I’ve been there... The advice I got was to go into the windows device manager and go into every item in there and if it has a "Power Management" Tab go into it and make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is NOT ticked.

It’s a long process, so set aside some time but it worked for me. Reduced my crashes by 90%

Adding new devices and I think windows updates can turn some of them back on so it’s a maintenance thing as well every few months for me.

All the best and have an outstanding day mate.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

Hey mate, I’ve been there... The advice I got was to go into the windows device manager and go into every item in there and if it has a "Power Management" Tab go into it and make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is NOT ticked.

It’s a long process, so set aside some time but it worked for me. Reduced my crashes by 90%

Adding new devices and I think windows updates can turn some of them back on so it’s a maintenance thing as well every few months for me.

All the best and have an outstanding day mate.

Okay, I'm trying this right now. Will report on results later.

Thanks!

System: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.90, EVGA FTW3 1080ti, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, G.Skill Trident Z 16GB @2933, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, 2 x 1TB HDD in Raid 0

Please do Goose - it's really annoying for us mission designers who have to restart the program after every single test. ChuckIV

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

Some of these are Windows MR specific, but hope they can help!

Hp6ojQy.pnghttp:

UCzaV4o.png

d9pRN3U.png

3puOF2c.png

brByGcg.png

g3cPibG.png

GEsl76V.png

A User on this thread posted some settings. I have also updated my bios. I will give these a try and test the results!

Small Update:

Disabling "Advanced Supersample Filtering" in the SteamVR settings has massively increased performance. On the crashing side, however, I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of it. Hope this solves it!

Hello Everybody!

I have been experiencing consistent crashes and poor performance within VR. I have an O+ and my PC specs and logs are below. I have tried reinstalling, repairing, custom page file, DDU on drivers, uninstalling Geforce Experience (read somewhere that this works). The poor performance I can deal with later, one step at a time eh?

Sincerely,

Goose

EDIT: No mods installed.

[ATTACH]209018[/ATTACH]

Have you tried this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230471

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Yes

I have tried reinstalling, repairing, custom page file...