How to transfer waypoint via datalink? (Can we?)

312_strycekFido

Can you transfer waypoints (inc. FP, HA, etc) via datalink? How?

We're talking multi crew MP with human RIOs on both ends.

I went through the manual few times, but didn't really found anything. Only some mentions about sth called DLWP (TID symbols, INS fixes,..). But nothing about how to actually create/transfer them.

Can anybody provide more info or point me somewhere useful? Thx for help.

Can you transfer waypoints (inc. FP, HA, etc) via datalink? How?

We're talking multi crew MP with human RIOs on both ends.

I went through the manual few times, but didn't really found anything. Only some mentions about sth called DLWP (TID symbols, INS fixes,..). But nothing about how to actually create/transfer them.

Can anybody provide more info or point me somewhere useful? Thx for help.

That's is a good question, i can't find any information about it.

You can create DL waypoints in the editor. Create DLWP1, DLWP2, DLWP3, DLST, and DLFP, just like you would other special waypoints. They then show up on the TID, which you can then hook.

Obviously they don't interact in any way with AWACS or anything, nor can you send them. They merely serve as additional reference points atm. Maybe one day an AWACS player could send them mid flight......

The Fighter to Fighter link had no provision for waypoint transfers. It's only the TDS version that has datalink waypoints but as we have no current way of playing as an AWACS atm those has to be set via the ME as per the manual.

The Fighter to Fighter link had no provision for waypoint transfers. It's only the TDS version that has datalink waypoints but as we have no current way of playing as an AWACS atm those has to be set via the ME as per the manual.

Thank you for the information