Touch Portal App

Hello, Touch Portal users... I have 2 pages for L-39C/ZA ready (Main+Alt page) and I finally wanted to share them, but I discovered kind of show stopper for me and I hope there is some elegant solution for this.

The two pages for L-39 use some shared buttons - each button is backed by a single value (e.g. for the state of the Invertor I). The problem is that after I export both pages, I decided to test the reimport - so I removed all the values as well. I was badly surprised that the values for all the shared buttons got duplicated - which is incredibly silly. Not to mention the original folder for them got lost as well.

In general, Touch Portal page organization is pretty horrible. There is no scoping or grouping of anything - everything is global, nothing belongs to anything else. The disconnect in values and pages is the prime example. Ideally, there should be some "module" where I can export both pages and their values together... OK, importing two pages one by one instead of doing it in one step is not a big deal - but the value duplication is super silly - they have the same name, so you don't even know which of the two exactly same values is which.

Does anyone have any tips regarding this problem? It's not practical to de-duplicate the values and fix many buttons on one of the pages. Anyone had similar problems with multi-page setup?

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

I visited Touch Portal Discord where it was confirmed that currently this is the behavior. I asked for some toggle to merge the Values with the same ID - but if and when this is available is unclear. Until then, however, the pages that share some buttons are virtually unusable after import. We'll see...

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

Hello Folks, in the past i used Touch Portal pro without using Coins combined with the DCS UFC App. The used Buttons have been added in Touch Portal by myself. All worked fine, since a few weeks, Touch Portal is no longer recognized in DCS World (Touch Portal is connected with the Android, green light is on) . If i shut down DCS, Touchportal Inputs will be  recognized by Windows. Did somebody know how to fix that issue, is it possible that DCS UFC has a conflict with Touch Portal?  Thanks for every Tip!

Edited by Abeone

On 12/8/2022 at 4:11 PM, bzhnono said:

Ok I have done s/thing for the CDU, need to work on the radios now.

I have some advanced work with the UFC, landing gears, refuel hatch, master, laser, pac1 arm, tacan, ils, hmd, night visor, and fast radio preset channel selector.

I had a full CDU made in a dedicated page and a cold and dark start up page but I lost both because I'm a donkey...

Also I have a dedicated page for radios, but DCS-BIOS is doing s/thing wierd and the commands sended from DCS-COINS didnt work as expected.

I'll love if you could try to work with the radios to confirm my suspicions or confirm that I'm doing s/thing wrong.

On 12/26/2022 at 2:15 AM, virgo47 said:

I visited Touch Portal Discord where it was confirmed that currently this is the behavior. I asked for some toggle to merge the Values with the same ID - but if and when this is available is unclear. Until then, however, the pages that share some buttons are virtually unusable after import. We'll see...

Yes, TP is still relatively new. But the devs are listening and will respond in a matter of time.

Appreciate the your effort and time to share your work with other flyers of L-39C/ZA. When it's ready, I can add the link to your download in the DCS-COINS page.

On 12/29/2022 at 5:52 PM, Abeone said:

Hello Folks, in the past i used Touch Portal pro without using Coins combined with the DCS UFC App. The used Buttons have been added in Touch Portal by myself. All worked fine, since a few weeks, Touch Portal is no longer recognized in DCS World (Touch Portal is connected with the Android, green light is on) . If i shut down DCS, Touchportal Inputs will be  recognized by Windows. Did somebody know how to fix that issue, is it possible that DCS UFC has a conflict with Touch Portal?  Thanks for every Tip!

If you don't load DCS UFC, will Touch Portal keystroke commands get through to DCS World? If the answer is yes, then I woulrd generally conclude that there's a conflict in the DCS UFC and Touch Portal clients in your Windows.

Did you recently update your TP Android and/or Windows programs - before experiencing the issue? If yes, I would suggest that you downgrade it back to the earlier version.

9 hours ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

I have some advanced work with the UFC, landing gears, refuel hatch, master, laser, pac1 arm, tacan, ils, hmd, night visor, and fast radio preset channel selector.

I had a full CDU made in a dedicated page and a cold and dark start up page but I lost both because I'm a donkey...

Also I have a dedicated page for radios, but DCS-BIOS is doing s/thing wierd and the commands sended from DCS-COINS didnt work as expected.

I'll love if you could try to work with the radios to confirm my suspicions or confirm that I'm doing s/thing wrong.

Ouch! That's really, really unfortunate... 😔 I was looking forward to add your work on A-10C to the list of ready-to-use DCS-COINS aircraft pages.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, xoomigo said:

Ouch! That's really, really unfortunate... 😔 I was looking forward to add your work on A-10C to the list of ready-to-use DCS-COINS aircraft pages.

I need to do some further testing to understand from where the problem come.

I left the sim apart some time ago. Next weekend I'll come back to home from xmas holydays and I'll try to complete the final version of the .pp files with the best working fix.

If you would have access to the A10 in the trial mode you could compare the working behaviour of my pp files and your pp files, which are the configured as expected following the DCS-BIOS commands logic.

If @bzhnono could do a quick test with the A10 radios we could have more info about this and know if I'm doing something wrong or is happening something more

19 hours ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

If you would have access to the A10 in the trial mode you could compare the working behaviour of my pp files and your pp files, which are the configured as expected following the DCS-BIOS commands logic.

I have 2 other aircraft pending on my list and a non-DCS related side project. If I no longer have a day job, perhaps... 😜

Guys, I'm not sure how many of you are flying L-39, but here is my main page for it (TPZ file is attached):

touchportal-page-dcs-l39-main.jpg

Now, as mentioned previously, there is also a companion AUX page where mostly the lower middle section is replaced by engine and emergency controls - but it is prohibitively inconvenient to import it as of now, because it shares a lot of buttons with the main page, but these get disconnected (Value ids are not merged, but duplicated, hopefully Touch Portal guys will fix that).

The ideas behind this page:

• Definitely use tablet, mobile phone is not suitable for any serious page.
  • I wanted to control both L-39C and ZA variants from a single page. I could make two separate pages (maybe I will), but most of the controls are shared.
  • Green tinted buttons are ZA only, so they are easy to distinguish.
  • Controls are roughly positioned as in the cockpit - of course with some limitations.
  • Main switches are in L-39C layout, two ZA switches are added under them on the right.
  • Armament buttons are kinda ZA layout, but left vertical panel and the pedestal are merged. But everything is there, even Deblock guns, which otherwise has no control shortcut in game! So now you can shoot at planes even under 400 km/h. 🙂
  • Thanks to the later DCS-COINS updates, we can also control various knobs like light intensity! But this is only one way, because Touch Portal does not provide the other direction.
  • RESET Critical Buttons can be used to flip first 10 main switches + some other stuff (like Flight recorder) on and off, to help you sync the page with current flying condition. It's not perfect, but better than nothing.
  • Similarly, you can fix flaps and gear state by tapping on them.
  • Heading is true, in the L-39 fashion, speed is metric (as it should be 😉) but altitude is only available in feet. There are no meters provided by DCS-COINS/BIOS at this moment.

I hope you will find the page useful. Let me know if you have any problems with it. If you want to change something you're free to do so - it's up to you, I like it this way. 😉

dcs-l39-main.tpz

Edited by virgo47
  • Like 1

Am 29.12.2022 um 10:52 schrieb Abeone:

So i try out using Touch Portal while DCS UFC has been switched off. Same Problem as before. Touch Portal ist very well connected, for example if i use Word whit Touchportal , the inputs will be translated absolut corect. So i think i have no Firewall conflict or something else. At the moment i get crazy with that Problem, hope somebody can help me to fix it.

38 minutes ago, Abeone said:

So i try out using Touch Portal while DCS UFC has been switched off. Same Problem as before. Touch Portal ist very well connected, for example if i use Word whit Touchportal , the inputs will be translated absolut corect. So i think i have no Firewall conflict or something else. At the moment i get crazy with that Problem, hope somebody can help me to fix it.

Does DCS respond to your keyboard commands? If not, it could be because the keyboard device within DCS had been inadvertently disabled.

If not so, then please share the content of C:\Users\<yourusername>\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua - always a good place to start the troubleshooting.

Am 14.1.2023 um 14:27 schrieb xoomigo:

Does DCS respond to your keyboard commands? If not, it could be because the keyboard device within DCS had been inadvertently disabled.

If not so, then please share the content of C:\Users\<yourusername>\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua - always a good place to start the troubleshooting.

Yes, DCS respond to the Keyboard commands! Now i could fix the first Problem by terminating the existing Windows Firewall rule an reconecting my Android Mobile per USB in Debug Mode. Then i start Touch Portal (TP) an allow the firewall TP again. So i get my old programmed inputs to work again with DCS. Realy i dont understand whats going on with that, but now im no more interressted about the why, im happy that the function is back. 

So now i am realy interrested to get DCS Coins going to work, but at the moment it still dosen´t work. Ihave installed DCS Coins like it has been recomended in the Forum. If i check the communication like recomended with cmd Comand..... it shows me that my Inputs to TP will be recognized, but i did not see any Information from DCS while i am using the FA-18. Do i have to install DCS Bios separate? I think it will be installed with the DCS Coins installer, when i hit the correct install Button. Where can i find the DCS-Bios Installation on my PC, i didn´t find it in the usal Paths like c Programs; Program Data or Programs (x86)? I only found a Entry C:\Users\Abeone\AppData\Roaming\TouchPortal\plugins\Munt.G_DCS-COINSin App Data, there is DCS Bios Folder with the json Files.

Here is the lua-File from my saved Games:

pcall(function() local pw=require('lfs');dofile(pw.writedir()..[[Scripts\pw-dev_script\ExportInit.lua]]); end,nil);

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil)
local pw=require('lfs');dofile(pw.writedir()..[[Scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua]])
dofile(".\\A10VCServer\\Main.lua") --A10VCHook

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

Thanks for help!  

Edited by Abeone

On 1/15/2023 at 1:39 PM, Abeone said:

So now i am realy interrested to get DCS Coins going to work, but at the moment it still dosen´t work. Ihave installed DCS Coins like it has been recomended in the Forum. If i check the communication like recomended with cmd Comand..... it shows me that my Inputs to TP will be recognized, but i did not see any Information from DCS while i am using the FA-18. Do i have to install DCS Bios separate? I think it will be installed with the DCS Coins installer, when i hit the correct install Button. Where can i find the DCS-Bios Installation on my PC, i didn´t find it in the usal Paths like c Programs; Program Data or Programs (x86)? I only found a Entry C:\Users\Abeone\AppData\Roaming\TouchPortal\plugins\Munt.G_DCS-COINSin App Data, there is DCS Bios Folder with the json Files.

It's advisable to have DCS-COINS_Setup do the installation of DCS-BIOS to avoid potential version compatibility issue. The installed path of the latter is indicated at the top of DCS-COINS_Setup program (typically C:\Users\<yourusername>\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS).

Please provide:
1) Your Touch Portal logs - sections that contains text 'DCS-COINS'.
2) A screenshot of DCS-COINS output (running) in verbose mode in the Command Prompt - when you first load up your F-18C DCS session.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb xoomigo:

Please provide:
1) Your Touch Portal logs - sections that contains text 'DCS-COINS'.
2) A screenshot of DCS-COINS output (running) in verbose mode in the Command Prompt - when you first load up your F-18C DCS session.

There is no Signal from DCS, but it will recognize inputs from Touchportal, but without in Game reaction .  Please look at the attachment.Touch Portal Coins Section.txt

Screenshot 2023-01-16 1.png

Screenshot 2023-01-16 2.png

Edited by Abeone

14 hours ago, Abeone said:

There is no Signal from DCS, but it will recognize inputs from Touchportal, but without in Game reaction .  Please look at the attachment.Touch Portal Coins Section.txt

Screenshot 2023-01-16 1.png

Screenshot 2023-01-16 2.png

Looks like port 5010, which is used by DCS-BIOS is blocked. Also, note that port 12136 is used by DCS-COINS.

Please check and ensure that both these two ports are not disallowed by your firewall.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb xoomigo:

Looks like port 5010, which is used by DCS-BIOS is blocked. Also, note that port 12136 is used by DCS-COINS.

Please check and ensure that both these two ports are not disallowed by your firewall.

Now i have checked my ports at the Router 5010 is set free to udp and tcp. then i removed the COINS allowing from the Defender Firewall and realowed it the next time.

Now i can use a few buttons in the the Munt FC 3 Page, forexample al the Function Buttons (F1 up to F12), the Airbrake and different Hud Sights. The Flaps and some other Buttons forexample show no reaction. The Munt F 18 Page has zero respond if i use any Button in Game. The connection Button at the left Top beside the Aircraft picture shows allways Offline and does not turn to online, this also happens forexample in the Munt FC 3 page (is it normal?).

Dear xoomigo you helped me a lot, thank you very much for your assistance up to now!👍  

Edited by Abeone

7 hours ago, Abeone said:

Now i can use a few buttons in the the Munt FC 3 Page, forexample al the Function Buttons (F1 up to F12), the Airbrake and different Hud Sights. The Flaps and some other Buttons forexample show no reaction. The Munt F 18 Page has zero respond if i use any Button in Game. The connection Button at the left Top beside the Aircraft picture shows allways Offline and does not turn to online, this also happens forexample in the Munt FC 3 page (is it normal?)

No, it's not working as expected. FC3 page is merely triggering one-way keystroke commands from DCS-COINS to DCS, independent of DCS-BIOS.

DCS-BIOS and DCS-COINS interface does not appear to be working. The aircraft online status should always be reflected accordingly if both are communicating properly.

Please share your latest screenshot of DCS-COINS output (running) in verbose mode in the Command Prompt - when you first load up your F-18C DCS session.

I tryed to flick off the firewall, i installed DCS Bios Hub seperate (and deinstalled it after a try), no response in Game at all. . So now here is the last screenshot where i first restart  the computer, start touchportal, then run DCS COINS in verbose mode, then i run DCS and then the f-18. I don´t know what else i can do to get it work. I only use Windows Defender no seperate Antivirus Software. Could it be possible, that the listening udp IP 0.0.0.0 is wrong? 

Screenshot 2023-01-18 1.png

Edited by Abeone

13 hours ago, Abeone said:

I tryed to flick off the firewall, i installed DCS Bios Hub seperate (and deinstalled it after a try), no response in Game at all. . So now here is the last screenshot where i first restart  the computer, start touchportal, then run DCS COINS in verbose mode, then i run DCS and then the f-18. I don´t know what else i can do to get it work. I only use Windows Defender no seperate Antivirus Software. Could it be possible, that the listening udp IP 0.0.0.0 is wrong? 

Screenshot 2023-01-18 1.png

Try this relocating the highlighted DCS-BIOS script to the top of the Export.lua file. And restart DCS.

image.png

If this still fails, you will need to delete your DCS-BIOS folder and reinstall it from DCS-COINS_Setup.

So now i´ve deleted DCS Bios, reinstalled it and changed the Expoert Lua like the way you described. So now my Online Symbol on the  TP-Page (F-18) is green. Now i can see a few Actions and i can see the RPM, time and so on. For that i have to do the input in the DCS cockpit or on the Keyboard. For example i tap the G on my Keyboard so my Landing Gear will drive in or out, this can bee seen on the TouchPortal Page (TP-Page), but it is not possible to switch the Landinggear with TouchPortal (is this normal ?), same with the landing Hook. Also it is not possible to hit the ATC Button in Touchportal to start Auto Throttle wether i can see it litening when activate ATC with my Joystick, Is the ATC Button in Touchportal only a indicator or is it an active button? Also the Regulators for the Brightness of the different Displays does not work. So now i am one step closer to a working TP Page, but i think it is not working as it realy should work, or do i think wrong?      

Edited by Abeone

On 1/20/2023 at 10:24 PM, Abeone said:

So now i´ve deleted DCS Bios, reinstalled it and changed the Expoert Lua like the way you described. So now my Online Symbol on the  TP-Page (F-18) is green. Now i can see a few Actions and i can see the RPM, time and so on. For that i have to do the input in the DCS cockpit or on the Keyboard. For example i tap the G on my Keyboard so my Landing Gear will drive in or out, this can bee seen on the TouchPortal Page (TP-Page), but it is not possible to switch the Landinggear with TouchPortal (is this normal ?), same with the landing Hook. Also it is not possible to hit the ATC Button in Touchportal to start Auto Throttle wether i can see it litening when activate ATC with my Joystick, Is the ATC Button in Touchportal only a indicator or is it an active button? Also the Regulators for the Brightness of the different Displays does not work. So now i am one step closer to a working TP Page, but i think it is not working as it realy should work, or do i think wrong?      

Okay, good to hear that your DCS-BIOS is now working with DCs-COINS.

Landing Gear and Hook buttons are set to toggle, they should work - I have just tested it on my side. Same goes for the brightness controls via the TP sliders on the page. Note that sliders will always start at the minimum level - they will not synchronize with the aircraft setting, but will turn the knobs concerned accordingly in the cockpit if you slide up or down. Post your DCS-COINS -v command line output when you push the TP buttons or slide the sliders concerned for review whether the commands to DCS-BIOS are sent.

Also, note that brownish and reflective top buttons are meant to display the status only. This applies to the ATC button as well (not mean to be pushed) as I have ATC function bound to my throttle device. You can modify it to be a push button though. However, I just realized that the ATC control is inadvertently disabled for the Hornet.

To enable it, just edit the acdb\FA-18C_hornet.pp file at line# 441.

THROTTLE_ATC_SW|throttle_atc_sw|Throttle ATC Engage/Disengage Switch|4|0|#OffOn#|OFF

Remove the 2 '#' characters on the line so it will become"

THROTTLE_ATC_SW|throttle_atc_sw|Throttle ATC Engage/Disengage Switch|4|0|OffOn|OFF

You may want to do the same for the next line for the Throttle Cage/Uncage control:

THROTTLE_CAGE_BTN|throttle_cage_btn|Throttle Cage/Uncage Button|4|0|#OffOn#|OFF

Then, save the file and then re-run DCS-COINS_Setup to regenerate entry.tp, And finally, reinstall DCS-COINS plugin in TP.

In Windows TP, click on the ATC button. In the "On Pressed" tab, key in "ATC" to search for under "Add Actions" on the left, and you should be able to see the option "Throttle ATC Engage/Disengage" to add. Click on it and set it to toggle, and save,

I will update the 2 controls in the FA-18C_hornet.pp in the next DCS-COINS revision.

Edited by xoomigo

• 1 month later...