Touch Portal App

20 hours ago, xoomigo said:

No, that's not how it's meant to work.

The reset action is merely to put the all the current aircraft states back to the defaults as defined in the aircraft PP file concerned. As far as I understand, it's not possible to force (actively poll) DCS-BIOS to send all event updates to the plugin. The plugin can only passively 'listen' for events - it cannot 'ask' for update to any state.

Hence, it is only useful in situation where you restart the same mission from a cold start.

Ok thanks I totally missunderstand what was doing.

I think that opening TP while simulation is unpaused you get an updated state of the aircraft

Hi guys

I purchased the pro version of the tp

Then I downloaded f16 icp and it works very good. But using Icp without looking at the ded screen is hard. Can I put ded screen to top of the tablet and use rest of the screen for icp?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

10 hours ago, ebabil said:

Hi guys

I purchased the pro version of the tp

Then I downloaded f16 icp and it works very good. But using Icp without looking at the ded screen is hard. Can I put ded screen to top of the tablet and use rest of the screen for icp?

Are you referring to the below download which was created before DCS-COINS came into existence?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308519/

If you are thinking of using another table in addition to your existing tablet with the F-16 ICP page, it is not currently possible. A Touch Portal desktop app does not support more than one device at a time, but according to its FAQ, that may change in the future.

Hence, you can try to modify your copy of the F-16 ICP page to add the display of DED lines (buttons) - will require resizing the existing buttons to make space for new buttons.

IMHO, it may be easier to create it from scratch, albeit it may not look that realistic unless you are good with graphics editing.

Edited by xoomigo

what is dcs coins? does it allow to see ded screen within the touchportal?

What i want is something like that on my tablet

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

46 minutes ago, ebabil said:

what is dcs coins? does it allow to see ded screen within the touchportal?

Yes, it's a plugin for Touch Portal.

Check out pages # 3 and 5 for UFC for F-18C page screenshot, video and ready-to-use TP page by Marcos Paes. Similarly, the F-16 ICP can be supported.

that's cool.

but i have no knowledge on programming this. can someone create for the community?

Youtube

thank you man

Youtube

Great work Xoomigo!...I really like the new Apache panels. 

I have created a Voice Attack command that switches to the correct panel automatically when I switch seats in game.

I did notice a very small mistake in the CPG keyboard unit. On the "On Event" tab all events are linked to the Pilot instead of the CPG.

It's not causing issues at all because the action is only cosmetic....and it would be a lot of work to correct because you would have to change every keyboard button seperatly...so don't worry about it.

Thanks for this panel...I can imagine it was a lot of work to make.

@xoomigo

I’m trying to figure out if it would be possible to trigger an automatic switch to the pilot or cpg KU page as soon as there is the prompt is flashing on the KU scratchpad.

For example: I’m in the Pilot seat with the Pilot left panel active on Touch Portal. I want to change the gun range from 1500 to 800 mtr. I press the LSK on the MFD and the prompt starts flashing on the KU scratchpad.
Can I program TP to automatically switch to the Pilot keyboard page?

13 hours ago, PHMAC said:

Great work Xoomigo!...I really like the new Apache panels. 

I have created a Voice Attack command that switches to the correct panel automatically when I switch seats in game.

I did notice a very small mistake in the CPG keyboard unit. On the "On Event" tab all events are linked to the Pilot instead of the CPG.

It's not causing issues at all because the action is only cosmetic....and it would be a lot of work to correct because you would have to change every keyboard button seperatly...so don't worry about it.

Thanks for this panel...I can imagine it was a lot of work to make.

@PHMAC, thanks for the compliment/feedback. 🙂

Now that I am aware, the OCD in me cannot ignore the fault - even a slight cosmetic one. I will have it fixed in the next opportunity.

Edited by xoomigo
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PHMAC said:

@xoomigo

I’m trying to figure out if it would be possible to trigger an automatic switch to the pilot or cpg KU page as soon as there is the prompt is flashing on the KU scratchpad.

For example: I’m in the Pilot seat with the Pilot left panel active on Touch Portal. I want to change the gun range from 1500 to 800 mtr. I press the LSK on the MFD and the prompt starts flashing on the KU scratchpad.
Can I program TP to automatically switch to the Pilot keyboard page?

You can set up a plugin event change (under Event Settings) to trigger (go to the KBU page) when the KU display parameter text value changes to the display input prompt concerned.

I am not aware of any means within DCS-BIOS to provide any indicator of which seat is in focus (PLT or CPG). Therefore, it is a challenge to determine which page with the KBU to switch to - especially if the seat change is triggered from Voice Attack with a key press. If you trigger the seat toggle via the TP pages, you can add a TP value to track the seat in use (perhaps "1" for PLT and "2" for CPG) - and on the event trigger, use the value with a "IF-ELSE" condition (no idea whether this is available with the current TP version) to switch to the desired page accordingly. But taking this approach would mean you cannot use Voice Attack to switch between seats.

I would like to use Voice Attack with the Apache too. Please share the path you will take.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, xoomigo said:

You can set up a plugin event change (under Event Settings) to trigger (go to the KBU page) when the KU display parameter text value changes to the display input prompt concerned.

Good idea…I just tried it out and it seems to work…except the prompt on the KU scratchpad is flashing…which seems to make TP go crazy…all buttons on the KU page are flashing as well…😂. So perhaps it’s not possible. Not a huge deal.

11 hours ago, xoomigo said:

I would like to use Voice Attack with the Apache too. Please share the path you will take.

At the moment I have created voice commands in Voice Attack. When I say “Copilot” or “Gunner” it triggers button press 2 and switches to the Gunners seat. VA also adds a value to a file somewhere on my computer. 
When TP notices that this file has changed it automatically switches to the CPG panel.

Using the same method I have created different voice commands for every panel so I am always free to switch without having to push a button.

On my main page in TP (where I select the different profiles for different aircraft) I have added commands to delete the files that are created by Voice Attack. This way I always start with a new, empty file.

It’s a very simple, basic solution but it works very well. Just let me know it anything I wrote is not clear or if you have any questions.

6 hours ago, PHMAC said:

Hahaha...Don't worry!...I know the feeling...that's why I had to mention it...🤣

Okay, it's done. I have uploaded the updates... Can sleep better tonight... 😉

2 hours ago, PHMAC said:

Good idea…I just tried it out and it seems to work…except the prompt on the KU scratchpad is flashing…which seems to make TP go crazy…all buttons on the KU page are flashing as well…😂. So perhaps it’s not possible.

Now, that's an odd TP behavior...

2 hours ago, PHMAC said:

At the moment I have created voice commands in Voice Attack. When I say “Copilot” or “Gunner” it triggers button press 2 and switches to the Gunners seat. VA also adds a value to a file somewhere on my computer. 
When TP notices that this file has changed it automatically switches to the CPG panel.

Using the same method I have created different voice commands for every panel so I am always free to switch without having to push a button.

On my main page in TP (where I select the different profiles for different aircraft) I have added commands to delete the files that are created by Voice Attack. This way I always start with a new, empty file.

It’s a very simple, basic solution but it works very well. Just let me know it anything I wrote is not clear or if you have any questions.

Ah, okay. I remember reading about this trick. Yes, I will do the same. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2022 at 3:07 PM, ebabil said:

that's cool.

but i have no knowledge on programming this. can someone create for the community?

@ebabil, I have added a ICP page to my existing F-16C dashboard.

F-16C_ICP.png

However, there is a caveat. The DED text display takes a few seconds to update after a keypad button is pressed. There's nothing I can do to make it refresh faster as it is fully dependent on DCS-BIOS timing to provide the events/values. And also, some symbols on the DED are unavailable as keyboard characters. Hence, DCS-BIOS substituted them with alternate characters which may make the text appear corrupted (see screenshot above). In addition, the font used is not perfect but is the best in the current TP library to match those of the DED - there's text alignment issue in some instances. Lastly, inverse character indicators will not be shown.

If you are still interested, you can get it from https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319505/

Edited by xoomigo
  • Like 2

Thank you. I will try asap

Youtube

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 8:51 AM, Marcos Paes said:

Hello, how do i use this ".pp" file?
Thank you!

It's just a matter of replacing the overwriting the files concerned in the acdb folder and re-running the setup. However, Kyle's files here were meant for troubleshooting only. They have been superceded by the latest DCS-COINS repack.