New carrier audio

clayvt

Anyone having any luck with getting the LSO to work?

I know it's a work in process.

I can get the first call from female about mother and the position report next call but never get the last clare and ball menu no LSO at all.

Have seen the red lights flashing on the ball for wave off one time, very nice touch there.

Just not getting LSO calls?

\

Atari 800XL 64K MEMORY 1050 FLOPPY Video GTIA chip 300 baud modem.

Anyone having any luck with getting the LSO to work?

I know it's a work in process.

I can get the first call from female about mother and the position report next call but never get the last clare and ball menu no LSO at all.

Have seen the red lights flashing on the ball for wave off one time, very nice touch there.

Just not getting LSO calls?

\

I did get "marking mother's …" call from Marshal (I was coming in for case III) and then at around 3nm Wags was calling (for me:smilewink:) "overhead at angels 1.2"... I guess for case I.

Well, he's just giving us a sample... already a lot more useful then previous "controller":D

+1

ATC has been one of the itches I couldn't scratch for quite a while. Glad to see the improvements making their way in...

Thanks ED!

i7 9700k @ 4.9 GHz | Asus Z390-A | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | Oculus Rift + Touch | TM HOTAS Warthog

Didn't know it was put in by accident, it does work some what.

If you have some AI aircraft in your flight and tell them to RTB to carrier, you don't hear coms but if your in your aircraft on deck they all get graded on trap and which wire.

Looks like it will be a nice addon.

Perhaps ED want us to have a taste of what comms in the new carrier module would be like.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Well i find it a great extension and can’t wait for more. Not forget the populated new carrier with discount for the hornet owners. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Seems like that new ATC speech is WIP still. I didnt understand, will new carrier module be free for Hornet`s owners?
New carrier module would not be free for Hornet owners but they would get a good discount when buying the new carrier module.

I am happy about the discount as a Hornet owner.

Any hint about what the new Cartier module might cost?

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Wish I could film the case 1 and 3 landings using the WIP carrier audio that has the call outs.

But I have it working 75% of the time with all call outs!

"see you a 10", #marshal signal in Charlie#, "clara call" then final Hornet Ball etc.

LSO call outs are great. Also with landing grade and wire.

Open beta, voice attack with vaicom player voice off seems to get it to work, didn't change any files.

Really nice touch in game.

On case 3 LSO called fly the ball all the way in.

Why not? Are you part of the project?

No not part of project, just a player. got into DCS last year, but started years back on an Atari:pilotfly:

I just don't know how to record it and I don't think a track will work.

But it's a really nice feature, when it works.

Have looked in the speech file and it looks like everything is there.

I had a mission I set up trying to simulate cyclic operations on the Stennis. It's an airfield strike with 4 sections tasked with different parts of the strike like SEAD, precision bombing, CAP, et al. When coming back from the strike this last time, my player controlled section ended up 3rd to land in the pattern. What was strange is turning in for the initial on the break number 1 was trapping, and I happened to be looking in the right spot in VR, and I caught the AI aircraft getting an LSO grade. Number two to land got an LSO grade as well but no matter how I tried I could not duplicate it for player aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had a mission I set up trying to simulate cyclic operations on the Stennis. It's an airfield strike with 4 sections tasked with different parts of the strike like SEAD, precision bombing, CAP, et al. When coming back from the strike this last time, my player controlled section ended up 3rd to land in the pattern. What was strange is turning in for the initial on the break number 1 was trapping, and I happened to be looking in the right spot in VR, and I caught the AI aircraft getting an LSO grade. Number two to land got an LSO grade as well but no matter how I tried I could not duplicate it for player aircraft.

Sounds like a cool mission. Do you mind sharing? I don't have the courage to tackle ME and set one up myself. Sorry for hijacking. Back to normal programming.

I'm getting it to work by being more then 10 clicks out with hook down, then clicking a few time the selection from menu Stennis inbound, when you here the female give case info, you will see a menu selection of "see you at 10" select that around 10 miles out.

Then drive in and about 3 miles or less your player will give automatic report of "overhead" and marshaller will respond with "signal Charlie".

Now on the menu you will see "clara" as you round out on final "clara" will change to "Hornet Ball" select that from menu and the LSO will start talking you in. Sometime I have to select "Hornet Ball" twice.

I got it to work by turning player voice off in Viacom voice attack and it seems that you have to have the hook down and be more then 10 miles.

I've gotten a wave off with flashing red meat ball lights and just stayed with a case 1 pattern and the menu changed back to "clara" option, turned on final and got "Hornet Ball" selection.

Doesn't work every time but fun to play with.

Ill have to try that when I get home. As for the mission, I'd love to post it but I'm a little nuts when it comes to the planning part. For instance I have been working on this worksheet to be added to a part of the mission brief. Why? Why not.

1545464405_BlkKngtDragSheetBottleOpener.thumb.jpg.a22f47364ce3494c8a5bfdcb6ec29719.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

I've been experimenting with this as well. Seems I have more luck when > 10mi out, hook down and actually be inbound - as in headed towards the carrier. Even still - it's hit or miss. Super fun when it works!!

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS X570-PLUS, NVidia RTX 2080, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Corsair H100i cooler, Oculus Rift S.