Testing the Harriers CCIP Upgrade

=DECOY=

will be great to see JDAM with this plane

It could be cool, but there are real limits to how effectively the TPOD can be used with them.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What did I notice is that the radar altimeter can measure the altitude from the ground in any attitude.

It works OK in stable. Changes from Radar to Baro at 5000'.

Does it not work in beta?

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

It works OK in stable. Changes from Radar to Baro at 5000'.

Does it not work in beta?

Attitude, not altitude. He means if banked or extreme nose up/down, I guess. Can't check, yet, on the weekend earliest...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Attitude, not altitude. He means if banked or extreme nose up/down, I guess. Can't check, yet, on the weekend earliest...

The radar alt is reading constant at any attitude, including inverted.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

The radar alt is reading constant at any attitude, including inverted.

That sounds like WIP. Definitely not how it's supposed to.

Yet, I am still very happy the AV-8B gets so much attention bei Razbam lately. Constant improvements.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

That sounds like WIP. Definitely not how it's supposed to.

Yet, I am still very happy the AV-8B gets so much attention bei Razbam lately. Constant improvements.

Up tp 5000' is correct, but it should be limited to pitch and roll, + - 45 deg.

Up tp 5000' is correct, but it should be limited to pitch and roll, + - 45 deg.

Yep. Don't know the exact ground radar system in the AV-8B and 45° sounds about right EDIT: per looking up documents 45° ;)
Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Seems to work as expected in the latest patch which has patch notes for various ALT functionality.

Inverted at 3000 ft the HUD altitude shows the flashing B and goes back to R at 45ish degrees angle of bank.

That's a timely result.

All they need to do now, is link it to the TOO and finish that problem off.

Seems to work as expected in the latest patch which has patch notes for various ALT functionality.

Inverted at 3000 ft the HUD altitude shows the flashing B and goes back to R at 45ish degrees angle of bank.

Test at low altitude.

Fly low altitude and enable radar altitude. Now you can exampe notice that barometric altitude is 2400 ft but radar altitude is 300 ft. Now nose up to 60 degree raise and roll around. The radar altimeter stays on and measures atitude from ground correctly all the way up from 300 ft to whatever you raise.

I don't know should the radar altimeter calculate any slant angle to the ground (and how it actually could if you fly near the hill or ridge) based your roll and pitch angle, but what I know is that it should not measure any radar altitude from ground when you roll around or fly inverted.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Just picked up the Harrier in the sale and am quite enjoying it. Not entirely confident with all the systems yet as you would expect so won't really comment on any of that, but I saw something interesting yesterday, not sure what I did but I had the FPM swinging around at the bottom of the bomb fall line with the fixed cross at the top where the FPM would normally be - feature?

But yeah really enjoying it so far with the stuff I can get to work.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]