Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

1903 blurred vision fix for WMR coming

Thick8

The update is supposed to drop on the 9th.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Is this fix from Microsoft for Windows?? How blurry is it in 1903? I thought they killed that 1903 update..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Is this fix from Microsoft for Windows?? How blurry is it in 1903? I thought they killed that 1903 update..

Yes, it’s an MS fix being rolled out with the monthly update.

It was pretty bad for me. It made the instruments unreadable from normal seated position whereas I can read them easily with the 1809 build.

I hope they got it right because the 1903 has some nifty new features.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

The update is supposed to drop on the 9th.
That is good news.

I am looking forward to see how this fix will improve things with my O+.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

July 9, 2019—KB4507453 (OS Build 18362.239)

Applies to: Windows 10, version 1903 Windows Server version 1903

Release Date:July 9, 2019

Version:OS Build 18362.239

Note Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

Note This release also contains updates for Microsoft HoloLens (OS Build 18362.1024) released July 9, 2019. Microsoft will release an update directly to the Windows Update Client to improve Windows Update reliability on Microsoft HoloLens that have not updated to this most recent OS Build.

For more information about the various types of Windows updates, such as critical, security, driver, service packs, etc., please see the following article.

Highlights

Updates an issue with a tilted world some Mixed Reality users may see after connecting their headsets.

Updates the visual quality issues some users may have when using Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) headsets with Steam®VR content.

Updates an issue with BitLocker encryption recovery mode.

Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, wireless technologies, and Microsoft Office products.

Improvements and fixes

This update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

Addresses an issue that may cause BitLocker to go into recovery mode if BitLocker is being provisioned at the same time as updates are being installed.

Addresses an issue that may cause Mixed Reality users to see a tilted world after connecting their headsets.

Addresses visual quality issues some users may have seen with Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) headsets and Steam®VR content.

Security updates to Windows Wireless Networking, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Server, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Kernel, Microsoft HoloLens, Internet Explorer, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Virtualization, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Edge, and Windows Cryptography.

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Well know when I move my head forward ingame the cockpit also moves forward it seems broke since I updated too 1903 with the fix on the 9th.anybody else having this happen with WMR headsets, is there a workaround??

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Well know when I move my head forward ingame the cockpit also moves forward it seems broke since I updated too 1903 with the fix on the 9th.anybody else having this happen with WMR headsets, is there a workaround??
This issue has always been there for me since windows version 1807. Do not think is a Windows issue. In Odyssey plus, when I start it up, it tells me to move head sideways and down. Each time I do this successfully, it recalibrates and no cockpit moving with head movement.

When I do not get that recalibration message and I have the issue, I just go back and setup room calibration to seated position and all is well again.

I have upgraded to windows1903 and have the July patch installed. I got that issue after the updates.

This is the methods I have been using so far. Maybe different on your headset software but most likely a headset calibration thing from my experience.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Well it seems they might have adjusted the light sensor or something I have to have a light on over me in order for the tracking to work correctly..

I used to use the light across the room which used to work before the 1903 update.. but now it seems it needs more light to function properly..

If I don't use the light over my head the tracking does not have 6DOF only 3DOF.. no big deal at least I got a fix for it..