runns on Windos server ?

• ED Team

As far as I am aware it is still OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10 only supported

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It may be a stupid question :music_whistling:

Runs DCS on a virtual server with windows server as an operating system?

If you have a bare metal server, with windows server installed on it, and DCS installed directly on it, you can get the best performance possible of course.

BTW, there is no limitation to run DCS on Virtual Machine, take into the account the small footprint of performance consuming by virtualization technologies.

We're now running our servers virtual environment without any issue ;)

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I did say supported :)

Is that just an assumption or official / can you please provide a source for that?

Because I got a totally opposite statement from ED.

My source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242655&page=8

Since then no reply anymore and the store page wasn't edited - so either your source must be steaming hot right from the oven or I'm overlooking something here.

I even offered a remote session to a freshly installed Windows Server 2019 since loads of people suffer from the WebGUI issue right now - they literally don't care.

All I got was "Windows Server is not supported".

Best regards

• ED Team
Is that just an assumption or official / can you please provide a source for that?

Because I got a totally opposite statement from ED.

My source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242655&page=8

Since then no reply anymore and the store page wasn't edited - so either your source must be steaming hot right from the oven or I'm overlooking something here.

I even offered a remote session to a freshly installed Windows Server 2019 since loads of people suffer from the WebGUI issue right now - they literally don't care.

All I got was "Windows Server is not supported".

I think USSR Rik is pretty clear here

DS has the same system requirements.

I will discuss here ONLY hardware/software described on official site. Please understand:

- DS doesn't respond - it's (possible) bug.

- DS doesn't respond on Win Server is NOT a bug because of your software (Windows Server) doesn't meet system requirements. This is additional feature and it's already added to programmer's task.

Please don't mix it. Thanks.

PS Try to add lines

respect_alt_f4 = true

net.force_ipv4_lan=true

to 'Saved Games\%DCSDS%\autoexec.cfg'

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the response. Sorry to ask though: Could you clarify a bit more for the non native speakers like me?

Where exactly does he state Windows Server (e.g. 2019) is supported?

"I will discuss here ONLY hardware/software described on official site."

"... (Windows Server) doesn't meet system requirements. This is additional feature and it's already added to programmer's task."

My interpretation is that he meant:

1) The bug is not only related to windows server (which in fact we found out is true, it also appears on Windows 7 and other OS).

2) Windows Server is still NOT supported thus he will NOT discuss it any further as he will only discuss hardware / software described on the official site, which he linked, which does NOT mention Windows Server is supported.

Just on a sidenote: Windows 7/8/10, although some parts of the code base are shared, is NOT Windows Server 2012/2016/2019

Are we sure that Windows Server is supported? If so, is there any link to the official site which states that Windows Server is supported?

Best regards

• ED Team

Windows server is not official supported by ED

he basically says

Dedicated server has same system requirements as base game

if the issue is on windows 7/8/10 it is a bug

if the issue is on windows server OS it is not a bug as it is not officially supported currently

Windows server is not official supported by ED

he basically says

Dedicated server has same system requirements as base game

if the issue is on windows 7/8/10 it is a bug

if the issue is on windows server OS it is not a bug as it is not officially supported currently

Thanks for clarification and sorry for the misunderstanding there. I thought so but I had a shimmer of hope...

Ironically this means (again) that right now DCS dedicated server can't be used officially anywhere.

Microsofts terms of use explicitly does NOT allow the use of Windows 7/8/10 as a server software and / or installations on servers (hardware / data center). On top of that all data centers obviously ban the installation of consumer OS on servers for similar reasons.

So basically we are left with a server that:

A) is illegal to use by Microsofts terms of use and can't be hosted anywhere officially or

B) a dedicated server that will not be supported by ED because they claim Windows Server is not supported. :doh:

I've ran DCS successfully on windows server 2012 and now 2016 on our dedicated. works great, no special tinkering required.

Nice. I did so as well before DCS open beta dedicated server release 2.5.5.31917. Worked perfectly on Windows Server 2019 - since then no support and no joy. It doesn't even create working profile configs even after a fresh server install out of the box since exactly DCS open beta dedicated server release 2.5.5.31917.

Edited by Madfish

Best regards

• ED Team
Thanks for clarification and sorry for the misunderstanding there. I thought so but I had a shimmer of hope...

Ironically this means (again) that right now DCS dedicated server can't be used officially anywhere.

Microsofts terms of use explicitly does NOT allow the use of Windows 7/8/10 as a server software and / or installations on servers (hardware / data center). On top of that all data centers obviously ban the installation of consumer OS on servers for similar reasons.

So basically we are left with a server that:

A) is illegal to use by Microsofts terms of use and can't be hosted anywhere officially or

B) a dedicated server that will not be supported by ED because they claim Windows Server is not supported. :doh:

I will highlight it to the team, but can not promise anything.