Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Tank destroyed by a grenade thrown in it's barrel?

How did that happen? Shouldn't it just blow out of the barrel just like a shell?

The only way I can see this happening is if the gun-breech is open. Then a grenade MIGHT do enough damage to things inside in order to set it off.

That being said, I do think this tank was already abandoned. Why? Well, first of all, it doesn't make much sense for one tank to operate on it's own, and it DEFINITELY doesn't make any sense for the tank to not keep its head on a swivel, so to speak. Third clue: The engine isn't running. Even at that distance, you should be able to hear it if it was. Russians are not familiar for building quiet things.

Last clue: I think the commander and/or crue of the tank would have seen the grenade-handling person as he approached, especially on the second time, and that despite tanks being creatures with notoriously poor eyesight up close.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Keep the engines running, just buying a 6-pack, back in 5...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Given that the tank had been abandoned, it would have made more sense to use it.

1- They would not know how to.

2 - Would have seriously cramped their 'Allah's Snackbar' moment.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

1- They would not know how to.

Operating a tank, and especially a russian T-72 which this seems to be, isn't all that hard. A few hours of instruction by someone competent on it (which isn't hard to find among Syrian army defectors) and a few hours practice, and you're competent enough to operate it.

Be effective? Probably not. But competent? Yes.

This isn't nuclear physics, and it's a tank rather well known for not being the most complicated creature out there.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Tank scores own goal??? :huh:

I once read about a plane shooting itself down over at F-16.net, but getting this shot on camera (only a tank) is just priceless.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Summer is on the way ... :D

winter10.jpg

Pig pens ins Eielson AFB AK, So cold there.

On another note, LOL

Don't put your hand near an ECS exhaust, is going to be hot. lol

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Click on image to enlarge

121009-F-UP786-075.JPG

RED FLAG-Alaska 13-1 kick starts

An F-15 Eagle assigned to the Republic of Singapore Air Force takes off during RED FLAG-Alaska 13-1 Oct. 9, 2012, Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska. RF-A is a multi-service, multi-national coordinated, aerial combat operations exercise designed to test operational capabilities of participating units. (U.S. Air Force photo/Staff Sgt. Jim Araos)

130319-F-RG147-359.jpg

130319-F-RG147-359

An A-10 Thunderbolt II conducts a show of force as Joint Terminal Attack Controllers from the 3rd Air Support Operations Squadron and combat controllers from the Thai Royal Air Force conduct a close air support mission training during Cope Tiger 13 at Nam Phong Royal Thai Air Base, Thailand, March 19, 2013. The aircraft is assigned to the 25th Fighter Squadron at Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea. More than 300 U.S. service members are participating in CT13, which offers an unparalleled opportunity to conduct a wide spectrum of large force employment air operations and strengthen military-to-military ties with two key partner nations, Thailand and Singapore. (U.S. Air Force photo/2nd Lt. Jake Bailey)

130212-F-UL677-035.JPG

Airpower on display at Cope North 13

A U.S. Air Force F-16C Fighting Falcon with the 18th Aggressor Squadron flies an air-to-air combat mission in support of Cope North 13 near Anderson Air Force Base, Guam, Feb. 12, 2013. The Aggressors job is to know, teach and replicate the threat better than any other squadron. Cope North is an annual air combat tactics, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief exercise designed to increase the readiness and interoperability of the U.S. Air Force, Japan Air Self-Defense Force and Royal Australian Air Force.. (U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Matthew Bruch/Released)

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

No Hi-Def found but still interesting...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.