Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

I was going from youtube vid to vid and I noticed that...

Look how the F-16 wing flexes at 39sec...

Most aircraft do that

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Lots of aviation news on BBC, bird strike, wheels up landings, bad cross winds and military exercises in Taiwan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17863501

Crosswind landings recently in Spain. Ouch!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15544504

Polish 767 lands with no gear pretty cool video... 230 passengers OK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13048131

Taiwan has a military exercise landing planes on a motorway

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17788229

Delta airlines, one engine shutdown forced landing after birdstrike.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Sounds like targeting for the F-15c's just got easier, while the ground is left to the F-22's, Let's all hope it does not happen!! And Go Alaska, If you need too!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

Sounds like targeting for the F-15c's just got easier, while the ground is left to the F-22's, Let's all hope it does not happen!! And Go Alaska, If you need too!!

The report makes a false assumption that the F-22's will be there to act as mini AWACS for the F-15's. But in all likelyhood its the other way around.

Why?

The APG-63V3 on board of those F-15's has more range (more power output) than the APG-77 on board of the Raptors. Also F-22's will preferrably shoot its missiles with as little radar usage as possible (this is by design) to minimize the chances of being snifed out by passive sensors.

The F-15's will stay further back while the F-22's get into firing range in total stealth mode. Should the enemy see and go after any enemies it will be the F-15's, theres a chance for stealth ambush right here too.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The report makes a false assumption that the F-22's will be there to act as mini AWACS for the F-15's. But in all likelyhood its the other way around.

Why?

The APG-63V3 on board of those F-15's has more range (more power output) than the APG-77 on board of the Raptors. Also F-22's will preferrably shoot its missiles with as little radar usage as possible (this is by design) to minimize the chances of being snifed out by passive sensors.

The F-15's will stay further back while the F-22's get into firing range in total stealth mode. Should the enemy see and go after any enemies it will be the F-15's, theres a chance for stealth ambush right here too.

I agree. I'm not sure how it is with the datalink : do the F-22's have Link-16 receive only, or only radio comms with the F-15's ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's some poor assumptions of your own there, though ... :)

Why?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What do you make of the article?

My PC specs below:

Just this:

"Notice to Iran: We are here."

They did the same when they stationed those F-117's in South Korea for example.

What do you make of the article?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok fair enough, Ill just add that, even though their primary goal may be deterrent, the secondary goal should be more practical (i.e. not totally a paper tiger should they be needed). It was in this context that I commented earlier.

My PC specs below:

Right, but in this case the exact role of each aircraft depends on their combat assignment. I'd imagine that F-22's would start by kicking the door down with some safety for themselves. I don't think anything that Iran can get in the air is a huge challenge for a Golden Eagle anyway, so the Raptors may as well not be there other than:

Kicking down the door/getting through SAMs

Behind-the-line penetration bombing

Sortie generation

Basically, there's only a couple of scenarios where their stealth actually matters here, so whatever tactics they use is well ... up to them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The APG-63V3 on board of those F-15's has more range (more power output) than the APG-77 on board of the Raptors.

Could you provide some numbers? That's what I was able to find about the APG-77:

Jane's:

As yet unconfirmed sources suggest that APG-77 has a 'typical' operating range of 193 km and is specified to achieve an 86 per cent probability of intercept against a 1 m2 target at its maximum detection range using a single radar paint. In surveillance mode, the same sources describe the radar as using an air-to-air Moving Target Indicator (MTI) mode with target recognition being handled by spot and/or Ultra High-Resolution (UHR) modes. This latter mode is described as offering 31 cm resolution at ranges in excess of 161 km...

And Jane's again:

Designed from the outset for operation in dense RF environments, the APG-77 is reported as having a maximum range in excess of 180 nmile against a fighter-sized target.

What about the APG-63(V)3?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right, but in this case the exact role of each aircraft depends on their combat assignment. I'd imagine that F-22's would start by kicking the door down with some safety for themselves. I don't think anything that Iran can get in the air is a huge challenge for a Golden Eagle anyway, so the Raptors may as well not be there other than:

Kicking down the door/getting through SAMs

Behind-the-line penetration bombing

Sortie generation

Basically, there's only a couple of scenarios where their stealth actually matters here, so whatever tactics they use is well ... up to them.

The F-22 radar is much better and can feed the F-15s, and nothing flies like the Raptor. TY all for the information, Yes, Even I learn too! Cheers:thumbup: Would be interesting to know if the Raptor is fitted with a Bunker Buster?? Let's not forget, They need to be tested in Combat!! The World is watching!!! The F-35s are watching too!!

Edited by celticcoho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book: