Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Finally!!! The Gripen have been waiting for that radar a long time now. Let´s just hope our politicians want to fund this to operational status (E/F version). As it looks now the Swedish Armed Forces will have to fund it themselves - they have even been talking about disbanding the entire Navy...just for this Gripen upgrade.

Navy service should be a priority. Submarine fleet specially, without it there will be a huge security and inteligence hole. The gripen is a nifty aircraft but I dont think its special to the point being worth sacrificing everyhting else. The Buzz in our airforce circles is that the Gripen C is nothing special (although I have a slighly different opinion), Gripen NG should be better, but again it would be very shortsighted to abandon sea services for it.

This statement about disbanding one of the branches is just part of the political game. I don't think anyone is seriously considering it. ÖB obviously wants the politicians to understand that they can't keep cutting costs and still expect the same result.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Navy service should be a priority. Submarine fleet specially, without it there will be a huge security and inteligence hole. The gripen is a nifty aircraft but I dont think its special to the point being worth sacrificing everyhting else. The Buzz in our airforce circles is that the Gripen C is nothing special (although I have a slighly different opinion), Gripen NG should be better, but again it would be very shortsighted to abandon sea services for it.

Swedish politicians have been very, very shortsighted the last 20 years. It would not suprise me if they think the Navy is superfluos. Here is the latest document describing the NG-capabilities: http://www.saabgroup.com/Global/Documents%20and%20Images/About%20Saab/Events/Farnborough%202012/Gripen%20presentation%20Farnborough.pdf

This statement about disbanding one of the branches is just part of the political game. I don't think anyone is seriously considering it. ÖB obviously wants the politicians to understand that they can't keep cutting costs and still expect the same result.

Yeah the cost for a new version of JAS 39 doesn´t match up with the costs of the Navy. But it´s still very scary that politicians and supreme-commanders are this far away from each other in their dialog - that they have to threaten like this.

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

0_93fea_d8e77f9e_XXL

"Цензура – это тоже самое, что сказать взрослому мужчине, что он не может есть стейк, потому что его не может прожевать младенец." - Марк Твен.

It just needs a more powerful engine.
Funny part too is the Super hornet engines have been already tested and increased to 26,000+ (22,000ish normal i think?) thrust. If these were put on, it would put the aircraft above 1.00 for sure. Wonder if they'll ever be put on a sooner or later block upgrade. I hope so.

OWNED+-+from+unknown+facebook+page.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

hehe Rafael's a.k.a Baby Typhoons :thumbup:

Nahhh Typhoon's nasty. Ugly, ugly airplane. Ugly as sin. ;) Honestly I'm surprised the far more cost effective option in the Rafale has not caught on more widely... Dassault makes a fine fighter for less, and when it comes to Eurocanards, the Rafale and Eurofighter are very comparable.

sorry about the quality of the photos. My camera does not work that good when it's pouring of rain.

1110459.jpg

1100770.jpg

nice photo

1110290.jpg

one moer

1110335.jpg

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45