Challenging to read some of the dials in VR (Oculus Rift)

Bearfoot

As the title says, it is a bit difficult. Especially the numerical/digital drum embedded in the barometric altimeter. I need to use zoom and lean in.

The issue is that the numbers/background are lower contrast and dim. I understand that this is the authentic look. it would be nice if we could dial it up in brightness to accommodate desktop visual realism (while the colors/brightness/tone might be objectively correctly rendered, this does not map to realistic perception?).

I am aware of some mods that brighten the labels. As far as I know they either:

(1) fail IC

(2) do not change the dials/instrumnets

(3) or both

For the devs: is it possible to allow cockpit mods to pass IC so we can read the dials?

For the community (including the devs): does the Rift S provide enough of a improvement over the Rift non-S so you can read the instruments (reference benchmark: the 1000's and 10000's numerical drum embedded in the altimetere) without leaning in?

Other than that, just want to say (again) to the devs and support: THANK YOU!

I have not touched anything else since it came out. I am not just LOVING but LIVING this module!

Our apologies for that, but in order to keep the images still realistic this is the limit of VR we are running in to. Making it any more readable would make it look less as it was in real life. Thanks to all the modders who provide an excellent alternative for those who do not mind to have everything a bit thicker, etc..

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Our apologies for that, but in order to keep the images still realistic this is the limit of VR we are running in to. Making it any more readable would make it look less as it was in real life. Thanks to all the modders who provide an excellent alternative for those who do not mind to have everything a bit thicker, etc..

Thanks. Appreciate the challenges with a universal solution. Mods help out, but perhaps if the devs could provide support for custom cockpit mods like this one:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304383/

so that they do not fail the integrity check it could help out a lot?

Rift S for me was a big jump in clarity in all the pits and game in general.

Best £400 spent - DCS looks so much better i wasn't expecting much and was more than pleasantly surprised, no more leaning in.

For me its what VR needed (i had the rift since dev kit, then the standard release yet still preferred to play for the immersion and 1-1 tracking which i think is a huge tactical SA plus).

Rift S everything is better especially visually ID A2A and A2G CAS is like a different game. I've not been back to the original rift - its sat gathering dust!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

ps - re the F14 i do use the first mod that was mentioned have it in my save games folder and it doesnt break the IC for multiplayer now. That said the original pit looks fine, i just prefer the new less worn out txt look.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

The default pit is a work of art and definitely a new standard for DCS! But it will also be nice when the third party pits can pass the integrity check for multiplayer :)

The fix for custom cockpits is on the list, we just did not get around to it yet, our apologies for that.

No worries. Appreciate your busy schedules, and just as importantly, appreciate all the things that you are doing that make you busy! LOVE this module.

The default pit is a work of art and definitely a new standard for DCS! But it will also be nice when the third party pits can pass the integrity check for multiplayer :)

Maybe if they're validated... but if somebody were to texture some invisible skins, it'd create a false competitive advantage. I understand why these textures are part of the IC.

Yes, this solves the issue. Thanks! But, as you say, fails integrity check for multiplayer :(

It doesnt fail integrity check now! You can use it in multiplayer now. Just read the latest guide on how to do it. When you download the newest version of the mod you have instructions on how to do it. Its super easy!

It doesnt fail integrity check now! You can use it in multiplayer now. Just read the latest guide on how to do it. When you download the newest version of the mod you have instructions on how to do it. Its super easy!

do you have a link?

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

I only play single-player, can anyone tell which is the easiest mod to install ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

It does ... but it does not fix the numerical digit drums in the barometric altimeter that was the reason for my post. So while it works for other folks, it does not help even if it passes IC. The other mod (Drunken Sailor) DOES help, but it does not pass IC.

Anyway, for future reference, the solution I went with was ... the Rift S. The bump in clarity is not just significant and noticeable, it allows me to read the instruments. Still need to lean in to read the digits, but this is so much more manageable than leaning in AND zooming in terms of time, mental effort, and minimizing disorientation.