Dive bombing bugged?

Kim Jong-un

Dive bombing bugged?

Yes! Fixed in next patch. All low-drag bomb modes are not working correctly.

Edit: I meant low-drag

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Yes wind correction for submunitions is implemented now as well as fixed bug related to navigational drift and Bk90s.

ok Thx!

One more question thou. How should I be able to know the wind if Im in a multiplayer session?

I know that I can see wind when taking auto attack targets on the kneeboard. But If i want to take another manual target, how can i Know the wind correction wich i should put in the CK37 computer?

Dive bombing bugged?

But most of the time the wind that is in the kneeboard is totaly different to the one that is on the computer thou?

I’m going away on a business trip. Is it possible you could show me pictures of this?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

ok Thx!

One more question thou. How should I be able to know the wind if Im in a multiplayer session?

Wind information is always included in the weather section of the briefing screen (ALT+B).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I’m going away on a business trip. Is it possible you could show me pictures of this?

Not sure what picture you want? You can just log into any multiplayer server and check the wind that is generated on the kneeboard auto attack target. And then compare it to the CK37 computer. Its never the same. Sometimes its not even close.

Also i find it strange that the wind can be different when choosing auto attack targets on the kneeboard. It can differ alot. Shouldnt it be the same wind all across the map?

Just logged in on Operation Blue Flag multiplayer server and in the mission briefing the wind says 300 degrees and 2 m/s The CK37 computer says 130 degrees and 6 km/h if I look at the auto attack Keeboard targets it says 300 degrees and 2 m/s so it seems correct.

But the CK37 computer is way off...

Also i find it strange that the wind can be different when choosing auto attack targets on the kneeboard. It can differ alot. Shouldnt it be the same wind all across the map?

The game reports wind different to how it is displayed in the Viggen. In the mission editor and mission briefing (and, I assume, the kneeboard) wind speed is in m/s and wind direction is where the wind is blowing to. In Viggen, wind speed is measured in km/h and wind direction is where the wind is blowing from. So indicated wind in Viggen should be roughly 180 degrees off compared to what you see in your kneeboard. Does that make sense?

I just did a quick test and it seems to me that wind is displayed correctly in both multiplayer and singleplayer. Also tried dropping some BK90's, and they seem to be dealing a lot better with the wind now. The submunitions still drift a bit off target though, but I guess that may be pretty realistic.

The viggen displays the direction the wind is blowing FROM, and DCS briefing page reports the direction the wind is blowing TO. So the direction will be offset 180 degrees. So far so good. The viggen displays the wind in km/h, and DCS uses m/s (perhaps there's a setting for this but that's beside the point I'm making). So far we're still good.

HOWEVER! For the BK90 to strike its intended target you must enter the wind in m/s into the CK37. I would guess doing so will F up your navigation unless that too is broken in the same way. I just tested this a gazillion times, but you guys are most welcome to try it yourselves.

So if DCS reports wind 90 Deg 5 m/s, you should go to vind and input, then push 27005 and enter. Your bomblets will drop on your waypoint.

If you don't do the above the aircraft will do its doppler thing and automatically select something in the vicinity of 270180, which is in accordance with the manual, but your bomblets will drop way upwind.