dudes buttkickers

Buttkicker is kind of a sound system.

You are not able to feel the difference between left and right.

The force feel seat works with 6 vibration motors.

I7-7700k 4,2 / 32 GB RAM / Geforce 2080 TI / 2x M2 500GB SSD / 1 TB SSD / Pimax 5k / WinWing Stick and Throttle

Server: [Wolfpack] Germany 93.186.198.98 Port 10308

IG Callsign: Fenris

Good afternoon

To clarify Is it worth buying Buttkicker Gammer instead of a vibrating pad for use in DCS world? Are the effects the same or more limited in the case of Buttkicker?

What is your opinion ?.

Thank you

You should have a better idea with this video

${1}

Bear in mind you can combine both systems to get an amazing experience. Or using more than one buttkickers.

But for optime results you need to run them by software, audio input is not enough.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Buttkicker is kind of a sound system.

You are not able to feel the difference between left and right.

The force feel seat works with 6 vibration motors.

You sure can seperate left from right, with a buttkicker. I have 4 buttkickers, seperated into 4 channels, and Andres`jetseat...

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

You sure can seperate left from right, with a buttkicker. I have 4 buttkickers, seperated into 4 channels, and Andres`jetseat...

That setup is the best of both worlds, enjoy it! :thumbup:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I can't fly (VR) without this feedback anymore. But...be advised: my BK2 amp fried about a month or so after I got it (was kinda scary - sparks, flame, smoke, etc). Appears I'm not the only one who had that issue (purchased about 8 months ago). The one time I _didn't_ really research a piece of hardware, and it bit me.

I ended up building my own simple system. Which, if I didn't have the outlay for the BK2, would have been cheaper.

Just a heads-up.

Check six,

J

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

I can't fly (VR) without this feedback anymore. But...be advised: my BK2 amp fried about a month or so after I got it (was kinda scary - sparks, flame, smoke, etc). Appears I'm not the only one who had that issue (purchased about 8 months ago). The one time I _didn't_ really research a piece of hardware, and it bit me.

I ended up building my own simple system. Which, if I didn't have the outlay for the BK2, would have been cheaper.

Just a heads-up.

Check six,

J

Havent looked into it lately or much at all, but I believe you can use API pulls for motion data, translate that to soundwaves and run a buttkicker.

I know this is used in racing with several different channels for vibrations from engine rev rumble, transmission vibrations to road/bump vibrations to etc etc.

This is imo the way to use buttkicker, fi you just run it as an LFE channel it is a safe excuse for decent subwoofer and nothing more, but using as a motion feedback system it could be very rewarding.

The buttkicker brand is mostly pricing on name recognition and from what I have gathered around not really that great, but the transducer market is tiny.

But in essence any amplifier would do the job to a varying degrees.

And the transducer is basically a subwoofer element without the cone.

The first who started with this would cut the cone off subwoofer elements and bolt into a couch.

Edited by Bob_Bushman

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

I bought BK2, and the amp died after about 13 months from purchase from normal use in iRacing, never turned it up to high volume. For the BK2 price it is not worth the unreliability of the amp.

I was hooked on bass shaking after that, so I bought two more 50W Aura bass shakers and my own 180W Sub Woofer amp. I set all 3 bass shakers (2x Aura + the original butt-kicker shaker) on the same sound channel (in mono). Bass Shakers are all mounted to my cockpit sub-frame.

I used to use "Sim Vibe" software ($55usd) for iRacing which was awesome.

I continued to use this Sub Woofer amp + 3 Bass Shaker hardware config in DCS. Just using the sound output from the game split to the bass shaker amp and my regular sound speakers. Audio splitter cable $1.

note: Voice comms & music going through a separate USB sound card $5 + headrest mounted rear speakers.

........ and I tell you, just the vanilla game sounds through the bass shakers makes DCS a much better experience. (Using VR) Without bass shakers, DCS feels dead to me. I think the devs have put a good level of emphasis on bass sounds so that DCS works well in this config.

Amp ~$120 USD

Aura shakers ~$60 USD each

BK2 kit ~$160USD (don't buy, unreliable amp)

My cockpit shudders, vibrates and groans like sitting in a real air frame. And in VR, the immersion is on a ridiculous level. :D

The Huey's main rotor blades cause crazy reverb and this changes depending on the force stress on the blades.

Fast movers; air flow gives a nice rumble. The afterburners in my F15 kick you in the butt when they light up.

Fly-by sonic boom..... brace yourself.

Shooting guns, I feel the brrrrrt in my body.

Go into free cam and explosions punch. Tanks rolling..... scary, run away.

Neighbours don't hear anything, but I feel it.

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

^^^

JasonJ,

Good to hear. Yeah, I've been thinking I need more pucks and a bigger amp (only 70w and a single 50W Aura). No pun intended but, I think that (and this concept) has more 'bang' for the buck than most anything, esp. in VR.

I hate bad-mouthing a product but the BK2 bordered on a fire hazard and just feel it's necessary to inform others in this genre.

Smooth simming,

J

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

I have SimShaker sending output to two small amps(front/back) each with left/right channels. With 2 large shakers on my Volair Simpit(left/right) and two small ones ($10) on my stick and throttle and 2 more under my pedals. All sent through a separate cheap audio card to VoiceMeeter Banana to filter out high frequencies.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I have an Andre´s seat (great!) but I want to combine with a buttkicker (for example, I want my hotas to shake, it is mounted in an iron structure), but I don´t know how to do it, any advice? Is it by independent software?

I think you need to buy Sound Module by Andre also, to get your installation with both systems running.