Jester radar

Dannyvandelft

I'll get notifications from Jester or AWACS about an enemy or group and I'll turn to that heading, but they won't show up on my scope. Today I was flying straight at a pair of F-16's, Phoenix's ready to fire, but I didn't, or Jester anyway, didn't get a lock on them until after they fired their AMRAAMS at me. Most of the time Jester will pick them up and I have to wait till they're in firing range. The Vipers were at a high altitude and my nose was pointed straight at them. What gives? What radar mode and range do you have Jester scan? Leave him on auto?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That can happen if they are at an altitude way out of the vertical range of your radar. You'll need to hunt around for them. Apparently also the TWS auto is not fully functional and it is unable to adjust the elevation track automatically at this time.
That would explain it.

Apparently also the TWS auto is not fully functional and it is unable to adjust the elevation track automatically at this time.

That would explain it.

Correction, TWS A isn't working at all. It never has

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

In the default manually steered mode, you can ask Jester to move the scan zone up/down/left/right but the adjustments are fairly coarse and can also throw the bandits out of the scan area. Practice with it though, upper and lower altitude limits at current max display range are shown on the TID, ask Jester to zoom in so the bandits are near the end then up/down so the numbers bracket their altitude. You may need to do some mental maths to interpolate the scan zone boundaries as the targets close.

Of course, doing it yourself from the back seat (or getting a human RIO) is far quicker and more accurate. But hopefully TWS-A will be in a patch very early next year, it's nearly done I hear.

Edited by VC

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

The best way is to bind the radar axis from the RIO to the pilot so you can do from the front cockpit what Jester doesnt do from the back, which is to search the TID area. I dont recommend radar elevation manage via jester menu, it isnt agail enough. Unfortunately heatblur will prohibit binding radar axis and managing the lantirn from the front cockpit (wrong approach in my opinion).

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

The best way is to bind the radar axis from the RIO to the pilot so you can do from the front cockpit what Jester doesnt do from the back, which is to search the TID area. I dont recommend radar elevation manage via jester menu, it isnt agail enough. Unfortunately heatblur will prohibit binding radar axis and managing the lantirn from the front cockpit (wrong approach in my opinion).

what are they controls called? i have a spare 2 way on the stick i could use

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

How do I do this? What are the controls called in the settings?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]