How to?

BlacleyCole

So how do you the player start in the rear seat stay in the rear seat the whole flight? I wish to lear the rio duties and have an ai fly the tomcat.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

You can’t. To learn the cat, YouTube is your friend, use it liberally. Jabbers, RedKite, Grim Reapers. Also, read the manual.
Tbh I wouldn't trust anything from grim reapers from an educational perspective. Highly recommend the RIO school that one of the CVW-11 guys (I think?) made. It covers a ton of stuff and is a great starting out point for the RIO pit. The redkite video for lantirn is pretty informative as well. Ralfidude has a great down and dirty vid on how to do the Rio pit startup, and all of jabbers videos are great resources.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So how do you the player start in the rear seat stay in the rear seat the whole flight? I wish to lear the rio duties and have an ai fly the tomcat.

The AI pilot of the Tomcat can not take-off or land ... so your best bet is to use a mission where your F-14 starts already in the air. This excellent guide may help you with this:

https://flyandwire.com/2019/07/26/practicing-rio-in-single-player-dcs-mission-editor/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Tbh I wouldn't trust anything from grim reapers from an educational perspective.

I disagree .. they make learning DCS a fun activity, and many people just starting on DCS like their not-so-serious attitude.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

In SP you can change seats any time you wish. While in RIO pit the Iceman AI will fly stable flight and you can command him simple stuff like heading, altitude and speed. In MP you cannot change seats.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I disagree .. they make learning DCS a fun activity, and many people just starting on DCS like their not-so-serious attitude.

From what I've seen of their tutorials it looks like they're often learning what they're trying to teach while recording and asking viewers to shout out in the comments if they've screwed something up. Doesn't exactly convey confident teaching.

From what I've seen of their tutorials it looks like they're often learning what they're trying to teach while recording and asking viewers to shout out in the comments if they've screwed something up. Doesn't exactly convey confident teaching.

Yes, they do have a few videos like that, but most don’t. They must be doing something right, as they have 75,000 subscribers. Give a look to their JF-17 series, so at least you can do a proper assessment:

:)

GR isn't the best learning utility, though is entertaining as anything. I laugh my ass off at their vids, especially the carrier landing competitions.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

The AI pilot of the Tomcat can not take-off or land ... so your best bet is to use a mission where your F-14 starts already in the air. This excellent guide may help you with this:

https://flyandwire.com/2019/07/26/practicing-rio-in-single-player-dcs-mission-editor/

That guys entire website is interesting reading, it's well worth exploring it

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

That guys entire website is interesting reading, it's well worth exploring it

:) yes, it is .. probably the best resurce for RIO's. His YT channel is also quite useful:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTQaFUc1SSFD_y6vM5kPS3Q