F/A-18C Dynamic Campaign: Battle Group Delta

MBot

Ok, I think I have figured out the key for AI cold starts:

1. One second after mission start, spawn the player flight as uncontrolled. This makes sure that the player is not put into the sixpack where he will block other deck ops.

2. Two seconds after mission start, set task activate the player flight.

3. Any AI flight that is spawned after this (either active or uncontrolled and activated later) will taxi and launch even when the player is still parked.

The player must be spawned uncontrolled and then be activated separately before you do anything with other AI, otherwise the presence of the player on the deck will inhibit other AI that is spawned later from launching.

With this figured out, I am now contemplating to program this into DCE and update my campaigns to the supercarrier.

Hi, Mbot,

First of all, thank you for the DCEcampaign, it is always a real pleasure to use it.

Regarding the SuperCarrier, I tried what you wrote,

+1s: active group as uncontrolled

+1s: active IA Start

For the F18, it seems to work perfectly.

For the F14: not at all:

- the F14s touch their wings at the spawn and disappear since they are damaged.

- then the characters on the catapult ignore the player and don't hang him on the catapult

Did you make it through F14?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any problem with launching uncontrolled AI F-14. They do spread their wings shortly when being activated but no hits are registered and all aircraft launch as expected.

But the uncontrolled player that is activated into the mission indeed isn't able to use the catapults (F-14 or F/A-18 ). I have reported the issue:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4363407#post4363407

Let's see if this gets fixed anytime soon (not holding my breath).

Hi, Mbot,

So, I don't really understand, did you manage to apply your method on your campaigns for the F18 played and the F14 played?

PS: the F18 (played) spwan in uncontrolled then trigger Start, seems to work perfectly and is catapultable.

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

ReHi Mbot ^^

That's good, I think I've found why the F14s (player package) hit the wings when they are activated. :

The Super Carrier must not be allowed to turn

Then, don't forget to ask for the start on the radio, otherwise the Shooters as well as the wingmen will ignore you.

DCE_Manager

hi

Look that the path in camp_ini.lua is the right one (image?)

Then launch the FirstMission.bat

DCE_Manager

Anyone else having issues with getting F18 to align recently (particularly in this campaign) or just me?

Just downloaded this campaign for the first time and got everything set up as per the install instructions. Start up the first mission aboard USS Independence and align INS via CV as usual and even get down to 0.5 before switching INS over to NAV yet my map never populates and GPS position never updates.

I've played other campaigns where you were expected to do a TCN update of the INS once in flight but that didn't seem to work for me.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this one of the known issues since OpenBeta 2.5.6.50321?

Anyone else having issues with getting F18 to align recently (particularly in this campaign) or just me?

It's everyone: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=275489

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

There is. You can just set the date to 1995 and above. That's how I work around the issue for now.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes you can... in the camp_init file but then you will have to use Firstmission.bat file and restart a new campaign ...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Or edit the camp_status.lua file for an ongoing campaign.

Tornado3 small.jpg

It is an easy fix for each to make individually, so there is that.

It is a band-aid though I am unwilling to formally make for the campaign. I carefully designed the scenario to be in 1990 and I want it to be displayed as such in the briefing and debriefing. If it takes another 2 years until ED fixes that totally unnecessary limitation by implementing their full INS sumulation, then so be it. I can wait (and do more Tomcat campaigns meanwhile).

It is a band-aid though I am unwilling to formally make for the campaign. I carefully designed the scenario to be in 1990 and I want it to be displayed as such in the briefing and debriefing. If it takes another 2 years until ED fixes that totally unnecessary limitation by implementing their full INS sumulation, then so be it. I can wait (and do more Tomcat campaigns meanwhile).

+1

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

I'm totally with you there, except calling it a totally unnecessary limitation, as I really enjoy the possibility to create missions in GPS restricted environments, to simulate GPS spoofing, GPS satelite destruction or just missions before the age of GPS. The problem is just that the nav system of the Hornet isn't working correctly yet to be able to deal with that.

Tornado3 small.jpg

:thumbup: +1

Got an error:

Hello, I am writing to ask if anyone can help me with this error. It happens to me when leaving the missions.

Attached screenshots

https://ibb.co/mbPfbsv

https://ibb.co/D5cDcBs

https://ibb.co/hZzdPkJ

thanks

I just got the same error midmission.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey guys anyway to add the supercarrier to the campaign? I tried updating the base_mission.miz but when I try to generate a new first mission I get this

S:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\luae.exe: ../../../Scripts/DC_NavalEnvironment.lua:215: attempt to index field 'offsets' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
       ../../../Scripts/DC_NavalEnvironment.lua:215: in function 'ShipGroupMovement'
       ../../../Scripts/DC_CheckTriggers.lua:573: in function 'ShipMission'
       [string "Action.ShipMission("Battle Group Delta", {{"Indy 1-1", "Indy 1-2", "Indy 1-3", "Indy 1-4"}}, 12, 8, nil)"]:1: in main chunk
       ../../../Scripts/DC_CheckTriggers.lua:607: in main chunk
       [C]: in function 'dofile'
       ../../../Scripts/MAIN_NextMission.lua:138: in main chunk
       [C]: in function 'dofile'
       ..\..\..\Scripts\BAT_FirstMission.lua:43: in main chunk
       [C]: ?

any ideas? I love the campaign btw MBot:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi for some reason i just cant get Fa-18 to work, i have the Falcons DCE campaign working no problem.

Iv changed all the directories and changed whats needed to open beta, I have attached a picture of what comes up during firstmission.bat can anyone see if i have done something wrong or what it could be? :helpsmilie:

Capture.PNG.20a362d8aec27a38b4e6a54cebd5787e.PNG

• 1 month later...
Hey guys anyway to add the supercarrier to the campaign? I tried updating the base_mission.miz but when I try to generate a new first mission I get this

How did you edit the Base.miz file, whenever I open it it's a mess of scrabled symbols? :helpsmilie:

• 2 weeks later...