F/A-18C Dynamic Campaign: Battle Group Delta

MBot

This has been already reported, but no ETA when or if it will be fixed. For now, the only viable solution, it seems, it to change the mission date past April 1994, for GPS to be available.

Hey Andrei!

First of all, thanks for your reply.

On to the matter, if you're referring to this thread I've seen it, but it has been tagged by BigNewy as [NO BUG] and closed, just because people said that changing the date solves the problem. I'd say it still qualifies as a bug, since it should work even before 1994, with properly aligned INS. I see you're part of the ED testers team, are you guys working on this issue, or is it better if I PM BigNewy and ask him to reopen that thread?

Beside that, there's something more than just the date, because, as I have written in my previous post, modifying the date to 1990 in a mission I made, everything worked alright, it just in the BG Delta campaign that I'm seeing this issue. To be clear, in my custom mission, I changed the date in the weather tab, and verified in mission, in the briefing window, that the date was indeed set to June 1st, 1990. Is that enough or did I have something more to modify?

If you guys need me to test this issue more, I'm game, just tell me what I have to do to get to the bottom of this.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Andrei!

On to the matter, if you're referring to this thread I've seen it, but it has been tagged by BigNewy as [NO BUG] and closed, just because people said that changing the date solves the problem. I'd say it still qualifies as a bug, since it should work even before 1994, with properly aligned INS. I see you're part of the ED testers team, are you guys working on this issue, or is it better if I PM BigNewy and ask him to reopen that thread?

Beside that, there's something more than just the date, because, as I have written in my previous post, modifying the date to 1990 in a mission I made, everything worked alright, it just in the BG Delta campaign that I'm seeing this issue. To be clear, in my custom mission, I changed the date in the weather tab, and verified in mission, in the briefing window, that the date was indeed set to June 1st, 1990. Is that enough or did I have something more to modify?

If you guys need me to test this issue more, I'm game, just tell me what I have to do to get to the bottom of this.

I think you will need to change the date in the base_mission.miz and camp_init.lua files then run the firstmission.bat file to re-initialise everything. Hopefully that will start at the date at your choice, and keep it going forward into the *_ongoing.miz. @MBot shall be able to confirm if this is correct.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Hey Andrei!

On to the matter, if you're referring to this thread I've seen it, but it has been tagged by BigNewy as [NO BUG] and closed, just because people said that changing the date solves the problem. I'd say it still qualifies as a bug, since it should work even before 1994, with properly aligned INS. I see you're part of the ED testers team, are you guys working on this issue, or is it better if I PM BigNewy and ask him to reopen that thread?...

I did file this as a bug based on my own observations in the campaign, that thread you mentioned as well as my own tests. I did it in a completely new mission, on a different map in pre-GPS era and with no weather as a factor. The broken CCIP and CCRP were replicated.

I also believe that this is a gameplay issue, because with current implementation it's simply impossible to use CCIP / CCRP properly when you start from the moving carrier in pre-GPS era and you are not able to align from external sources (such as TACAN).

Maybe at some point, proper INS with SINS will be implemented for the Hornet, but as of now we have this issue with no apparent workaround, except for changing the dates.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I also believe that this is a gameplay issue, because with current implementation it's simply impossible to use CCIP / CCRP properly when you start from the moving carrier in pre-GPS era and you are not able to align from external sources (such as TACAN).

I was thinking before about where I started the aircraft. In my custom mission, I started from the ground and CCIP worked correctly, while in campaign I start from the carrier and it doesn't. Can you confirm that the issue happens only if you start the aircraft from the CV?

Also, if I have the time, tonight I'll fly the next strike mission in the campaign aligning the INS when airborne, using the TACAN. Regarding this, one question: step one to align the INS using TACAN is

"TACAN beacon data must be saved in MC"

How can I check if the CV data are saved in mission computer?

I think you will need to change the date in the base_mission.miz and camp_init.lua files then run the firstmission.bat file to re-initialise everything. Hopefully that will start at the date at your choice, and keep it going forward into the *_ongoing.miz. @MBot shall be able to confirm if this is correct.

Thank you Scotch, if we can't find another workaround, I'll have to change the date in the campaign. However, I was wondering if I had set the date in the right way in my custom mission, not how to do it in the campaign.

As far as I've seen ground alignment is OK. This problem happens when you cold start from the carrier.

It's somewhat meaningless to store carrier TACAN data in MC because carrier is moving. Anyway, you can enter TACAN data in MC by going HSI -> OSB(DATA) -> OSB(TCN).

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Hey there!

Thank you for another pearl I didn't know about the Hornet, Andrei, now I can store TACAN stations coordinates in the MC! :)

Unfortunately, that didn't help.

Yesterday night I fired up again the next mission in the campaign, another strike mission, started the aircraft and took off without passing to the INS the coordinates of WP0.

Once in air, I used a ground based TACAN station (ironically enough, the closest one is an Iranian station, Bandar-e-Jask) and got the INS aligned and working, then immediately set the Mk-83s for release.

Alas, the CCIP was broken anyway, so it looks like INS alignment in not the culprit. If anyone has any idea how to try to understand what's wrong, I'm willing to test it.

Another question, if I don't want to fly bombing misions for now, will using the SkipMission.bat simply generate a replacement mission, or will it move the campaign forward and make miss one mission?

Another question, if I don't want to fly bombing misions for now, will using the SkipMission.bat simply generate a replacement mission, or will it move the campaign forward and make miss one mission?

It will move the campaign forward.

We successfuly played some 10 coop missions about a year ago. If I remember correctly we figured out a procedure to get around most spawn crashes. I think it was something like host unpauses for some seconds and pauses again, then everyone gets into the cockpit and when all have loaded, the game is unpaused again. I am not sure if this was really it, but we got it to work somehow. Ultimately all the spawning stuff will hopefully get sorted out in the future by ED.

Hmm, tested that now, but we couldn't even spawn as we just got the message "flight delayed". The problem is that the client will always spawn on the catapult for some reason, while the host spawns on the ramps as he is supposed to. It doesn't matter who takes lead and who takes wingmen, the client always spawns on the catapult, where he will get crushed by other Hornets spawning.

We will try the Tomcat campaign instead now as we can fly as RIO and Pilot in a single aircraft, which should cause less spawning issues.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00007628.lua"]:179: attempt to index local 'logFile' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[string "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00007928.lua"]:179: in function 'onEvent'
[string "Scripts/World/EventHandlers.lua"]:13: in function <[string "Scripts/World/EventHandlers.lua"]:11>

Did anyone find a solution to this error?

I've tried all I could find (instructions in the first post + simlink).

I'm running W10 on one SSD (C:\), installed DCS on another SSD (D:\) and my user profile with the saved games folder is on a diff. HHD (E:\) because of the amount of data it accumulates...

The DCE seems to create temp files in de c:\users\xxxx\saved games folder...

Thx

Hi All,

I've been playing this campaign & have noticed the following:

- AWACS gives me a clean picture while there are enemy fighters near me

- my wingmen fail to attack ships with the walleye

Are these campaign related?

best regards

B

The AWACS operates within the protected airspace of the battle group. On strikes you will frequently be outside of its detection range.

Do you tell your wingman to attack ships or to attack the mission target? Try the latter if you haven't already done so.

2020-02-07 09:20:07.263 INFO    LuaNET: VRK - Mission Loaded: C:/Users/Kenny/Saved Games/DCS/Mods/tech/DCE/Missions/Campaigns/FA-18C Battle Group Delta_first.miz
2020-02-07 09:20:07.268 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Tacview Flight Data Recorder 1.7.1 Loaded
2020-02-07 09:20:07.268 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Config={bookmarkShortcut=0, clientTelemetryPassword="", compressionLevel=1, dataRecordingEnabled=0, debugModeEnabled=0, hostTelemetryPassword="", playbackDelay=600, profilingPeriod=600, realTimeTelemetryPort=42674, recordClientsSessionsEnabled=0, remoteControlPassword="", remoteControlPort=42675}
2020-02-07 09:20:07.269 INFO    DCS: Screen: mission_offline
2020-02-07 09:20:07.269 INFO    Dispatcher: precache units resources in slots
2020-02-07 09:20:07.347 INFO    Lua: Lua CPU usage: metric: average mission loading: 23.3860 %
2020-02-07 09:20:07.347 INFO    Dispatcher: loadMission Done: Сontrol passed to the player
2020-02-07 09:20:21.916 ERROR   DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\Kenny\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis0000291D.lua"]:13: attempt to index global 'os' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[string "C:\Users\Kenny\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis0000291D.lua"]:13: in main chunk
2020-02-07 09:20:22.793 INFO    EDCORE: (wcTanker)enterToState_:0
2020-02-07 09:20:22.793 INFO    DCS: wcTanker::onEvent:4
2020-02-07 09:20:22.793 INFO    EDCORE: (wcTanker)enterToState_:1

I got that mission script error after i start the mission.

I can play the first mission if i ignore this message. but i cannot proceed to second mission.

any idea to solve it?

i checked all files are in correct location.

Most likely you didn't do the MissionScripting.lua modification (needs to be repeated after every DCS update).

Thanks a lot, MBot. just learn how to modify the file. No error message pop up now.

I made a modified missionscripting.lua in OvGME so I can enable it after every DCS update.

It is time to enjoy the mission now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I try to install the campaign using the guidelines from the first post. Unfortunately i realize a little late that the campaign is taking place on Gulf map.

The problem is when i try to undo all that i have done and launch the beta application i had an ''worldgeneral.dll'' file is missing error report.

I delete it from the c drive and and try to reinstall again but i m getting the same error report.

Any ideas how i can fix that?

DCS 2.5.6

After finish mission and hit exit - does not exit from mission (only stop task DCS in task manager)!

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Hey MBOT. Gotta say this mod is the best. It's all I play pretty much. :joystick::thumbup:

Is anyone else having issues with the new patch? I restarted the campaign because I didn't want to mess anything up. However, now I seem to start the missions on the other side of the carrier, near the other two catapults. This isn't a particular problem of course. However, when I try to attach to the catapult before launching everything goes crazy. I fly half way up the carrier and then back and half my plane is stuck in the deck.

I've made sure I've put the two "minus symbols" in the mission script file too, but still the same issue.

Just kind of wondering if other people are having issues with the new patch or if it's just me?

• 1 month later...

Hi Mbot. I have often this error :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alt0P0FgsXjzgZ1gXtjV4zDK2WpTPg?e=cLPjEd

Moreover, dcs.exe have a tendancy to crash, I don't know if it is related to this issue.

Thx

Talon Karde

Du Talon de qualité, élevé au grain et en plein air, entièrement livré en kit.

Mauvais pilote:joystick: sur DCS: F-14B, DCS: F/A-18C et DCS: Mirage 2000C :wub:

-= In Ctrl + E + E + E we trust =-

Blog Takarde Gaming

Envie de tester Shadow de Blade? Tiens, un code de parrainage : ARNJB3VB

I think we just need to wait until the issues with 2.5.6 are sorted out first. Then I will check if any changes are necessary.

I don't know if it is related, but wingmen fail to accomplish "attack mission objective and rejoin". They start the run and come back in formation.

Talon Karde

Du Talon de qualité, élevé au grain et en plein air, entièrement livré en kit.

Mauvais pilote:joystick: sur DCS: F-14B, DCS: F/A-18C et DCS: Mirage 2000C :wub:

-= In Ctrl + E + E + E we trust =-

Blog Takarde Gaming

Envie de tester Shadow de Blade? Tiens, un code de parrainage : ARNJB3VB