Modules in Core Mods folder

mosqui

I have a question about the files installed in the CoreMods folder of DCS world.If I am not the owner of some module for example F14, Mig 21, WWii.etc can I delete these files to lighten my SSD disk? I guess there is no problem .I would appreciate some response

That folder's a mix of your purchased aircraft modules and the AI modules you see flying around & on the ground that aren't available as a end-client aircraft module. You'll be somewhat lonely if you delete those.

it is understood.

Thank you

• 11 months later...

DCS liveries can be found in many different locations:

• \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\name_of_aircraft\liveries\ (official DCS liveries of playable aircraft)
  • \DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\name_of_aircraft\liveries\ (official DCS liveries of non-playable aircraft)
  • C:\Users\Flav\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\name_of_aircraft\ (custom liveries of playable aircraft)
  • C:\Users\Flav\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\name_of_aircraft\liveries\ (custom liveries of non-playable aircraft)

If you delete official DCS files, no worries: you can always retrieve them using the cleanup and repair procedure.

If you delete custom files, DCS won't be able to retrieve them. But they're just custom files: the game doesn't need them.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.