DCS Waypoint Editor

grant977

3 hours ago, Habu_69 said:

Since TheWay utility was updated to V2 on Apr 16, DCS WPE TheWay coordinate capture method no longer works. Problem is within the new TheWay.lua script, that has many changes, that goes in Saved Games folder. DCS WPE still functions as intended with the older TheWay.lua script.

Not going to update theway then. Thanks for the heads up

7 hours ago, SPAS79 said:

Not going to update theway then. Thanks for the heads up

It doesn't look like any code change is needed, just updates to the JSON cmd files or each aircraft.  A10, Apache, Blackshark all seem fine with the update.  F18 waypoint entry seems fine, mission entry is broken again.  After I get a chance for some more testing I'll add the updated JSON files, they are just a drop-in replacement.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 12:52 AM, Bones1775 said:

also can capturing WP from the Mission Editor be done or added to the feature request if not?

110% this. Just used it for the first time and couldn't believe that you can't take co-ords from the ME while building the mission. Please get this added ASAP?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 4:22 PM, Bones1775 said:

is there a list of the WP types and corresponding aircraft that use them. ie what is FP and what aircraft use it?

Here is the sections from drivers.py for each aircraft with the waypoint types and maximum number:

class HornetDriver(Driver):
        self.limits = dict(WP=None, MSN=6)
class HarrierDriver(Driver):
        self.limits = dict(WP=None)
class MirageDriver(Driver):
        self.limits = dict(WP=9)
class TomcatDriver(Driver):
        self.limits = dict(WP=3, FP=1, IP=1, ST=1, HA=1, DP=1, HB=1)
class WarthogDriver(Driver):
        self.limits = dict(WP=99)
class ViperDriver(Driver):
        self.limits = dict(WP=127)
class ApachePilotDriver(Driver):
        self.limits = dict(WP=None, HZ=None, CM=None, TG=None)
class ApacheGunnerDriver(Driver):
        self.limits = dict(WP=None, HZ=None, CM=None, TG=None)
class BlackSharkDriver(Driver):
        self.limits = dict(WP=6, TG=9)

On 5/23/2023 at 5:40 AM, Father Cool said:

110% this. Just used it for the first time and couldn't believe that you can't take co-ords from the ME while building the mission. Please get this added ASAP?

I looked at it briefly, I don't think it is going to work.  The mission editor coordinate display doesn't always fill the leading 0's for minutes and seconds, although sometimes it does.  There is also nothing usable on the map to indicate if the altitude is displayed in feet or meters.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New version released adding the F-15E Strike Eagle.  Command files for send via TheWay are updated to version 2.0 which is not compatible with version 1.0.  The cmd/*.json files from the previous version can be used if you are still using TheWay version 1.0.  

v1.3.1
Feature Changes:

• F15E Strike Eagle support added. Steer point 1 is not editable in the aircraft and the first waypoint entered will be steer point 2. F15 files for DCS-BIOS are not yet in a release version. The files to use can be manually downloaded from: https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios
  • Aircraft command files updated for TheWay version 2.0. F18 weapon mission entry does not work with this version. If you have problems with sending via TheWay.lua, use DCS-BIOS instead.
  • DCS-BIOS version update to 0.7.48.
  • Python version update to 3.11.

Bug Fixes:

• A10C: Spaces were dropped from waypoint names.
  • Added "Failed to connect' status for F10/F11 capture if the socket times out.
  • Like 2

On 7/1/2023 at 12:46 AM, Lasko said:

New version released adding the F-15E Strike Eagle.  Command files for send via TheWay are updated to version 2.0 which is not compatible with version 1.0.  The cmd/*.json files from the previous version can be used if you are still using TheWay version 1.0.  

v1.3.1
Feature Changes:

• F15E Strike Eagle support added. Steer point 1 is not editable in the aircraft and the first waypoint entered will be steer point 2. F15 files for DCS-BIOS are not yet in a release version. The files to use can be manually downloaded from: https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios
  • Aircraft command files updated for TheWay version 2.0. F18 weapon mission entry does not work with this version. If you have problems with sending via TheWay.lua, use DCS-BIOS instead.
  • DCS-BIOS version update to 0.7.48.
  • Python version update to 3.11.

Bug Fixes:

• A10C: Spaces were dropped from waypoint names.
  • Added "Failed to connect' status for F10/F11 capture if the socket times out.

Waypoint 1 is editable if you select B(base point) as your current spt.

1 hour ago, Bones1775 said:

Waypoint 1 is editable if you select B(base point) as your current spt.

Thanks, good tip.  I will figure out the key sequence for that and have it in the next update.

F-15 fixes are released in version v1.3.2:

v1.3.2 
Feature Changes:

• F-15E: Sequences 1, 2, and 3 for waypoints will be used for routes A, B and C. If no sequence is specified, A will be used. If sequence None and sequence 1 are both used, sequence 1 will overwrite sequence None in route A.

Bug Fixes:

• F-15E: Steer point B is selected before entering waypoints. Waypoints will be entered starting at 1A. Steer point 1A is set as current when finished.
  • Popup window locations set to be within the program window.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Version 1.3.3 is released.

v1.3.3

Feature Changes:

• F-15E: Added Smart Weapon mission coordinate entry.
  • DCS-BIOS version update to v0.7.49. Added the ability to install DCS-BIOS daily Beta builds. The Beta builds may not be fully compatible, for example the definition of F-15E UFC keys 0 and 7 is changed in the Beta version and will not function.

Bug Fixes:

• F/A-18C: PP mission displayed with an X when the elevation is set to zero.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I can not get DCS WP Editor 1.3.3 to recognize that I have theWay installed. TheWay 2.4.1 installed in the default User/Appdata folder and it functions as expected. Uninstalled/reinstalled WPE twice, yet the initial settings window says theWay undetected. Detects DCS-BIOS no problem. Checked folder security and admin privileges with no success.