New RCAF Hornets coming

Megalax

Made a few RCAF Hornets. These are my first DCS skins. Available HERE.

There are a few compromises done to them to make the aesthetics more balanced considering how the board numbers work on the Hornet model. Where there would be the normal Aircraft Number on the wings I replaced them with 'RCAF' as a stand-in, so the wings didn't look empty. Also, all tail numbers are 188700 for the same reasons stated above.

PLEASE SEE NEWER POSTS FOR MOST RECENT VERSIONS OF SKINS.

I also made custom shoulder patches, pilot wings, and pilots with the proper royal blue undershirt.

iAY14oM.jpg

2D9AByc.jpg

vQN8IUp.jpg

3POtbbZ.jpg

Edited by Megalax

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

Nice.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• 3 weeks later...

I've updated the skins to v2.0.

Changes were made to the weathering to make it look more random and natural, the antennas that are not present or that are usually painted grey on CF-18's were greyed out, and there were changes made to some of the stenciling.

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard14.jpg

Available in my User Files section.

I've opted to leave my old versions available to those who may still prefer or want them.

Edited by Megalax

Megalax's Livery Studio

Nice!

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• 3 weeks later...

6RqKzck.jpg

Based on

W8SkxRM.jpg

The pilot of this aircraft was the first one to get to Anatoly Kvochur when he ejected from his MiG29 at the Paris Airshow in 1989. The red star below his cockpit was added as a show of solidarity towards the Russian test pilot.

-----------------------------

AETE CF-18. This scheme is normally applied to 2-seater CF-18B's.

lOfB2l5.jpg

------------------------------

...and some fictional camo CF-18's, painted in a similar scheme to CF-5s prior to their retirement.

iPWmiHD.jpg

3KoWI8N.jpg

------------------------------

425 Sqn "I wish I was a Nighthawk", 425 bird zapped in Cold Lake during a Maple Flag exercise.

fVUhsTQ.jpg

Should be up soon in the user files section.

Edited by Megalax

Megalax's Livery Studio