Two Unrelated Huey Questions

unlikely_spider

Hello. I just bought the Argo campaign though I haven't started it yet. Are there any single missions where I can quickly practice landing on ships? I didn't see any through quick look in the downloads section.

Also, I'm eagerly awaiting the TM Warthog throttle in the mail - do you guys reverse the axis on the throttle? If so, does that screw with you when switching to fixed wing craft?

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

I haven't tried it myself, but you give this a go, or tweak it in mission editor to fit your needs:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1459726/

Personally, I inverted the axis, and while it caused a few issues in the beginning, especially during panic moments, I'm happy I went this way and won't look back. Especially with the TM warthog, the throttle moves so far forward, that with the axis inverted, I do get the sensation of lifting rather than pulling back, which is nice.

Hello. I just bought the Argo campaign though I haven't started it yet. Are there any single missions where I can quickly practice landing on ships? I didn't see any through quick look in the downloads section. ...

If you have the Persian Gulf map, there are two instant action missions involving landing on ships.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I haven't tried it myself, but you give this a go, or tweak it in mission editor to fit your needs:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1459726/

Personally, I inverted the axis, and while it caused a few issues in the beginning, especially during panic moments, I'm happy I went this way and won't look back. Especially with the TM warthog, the throttle moves so far forward, that with the axis inverted, I do get the sensation of lifting rather than pulling back, which is nice.

That's what I needed, thanks!

If you have the Persian Gulf map, there are two instant action missions involving landing on ships.

I don't yet :( Maybe soon

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Also, I'm eagerly awaiting the TM Warthog throttle in the mail - do you guys reverse the axis on the throttle? If so, does that screw with you when switching to fixed wing craft?

I think I belong to the minority of players who don't invert the collective axis. My thinking was exactly that if I did, I might get things mixed up between rotary wing and fixed wing aircraft.

It's working very well for me, however the one time I spent in an old cockpit simulator with proper collective, I had a harder time adjusting that I thought I would. But obviously I can't tell whether it would have been any easier had I flown with an inverted collective axis before. ;)

However, I'm actually thinking about doing that now, fully aware that for the first dozen or so hours my chopper flying will be terrible until muscle memory will have finally caught up.

So if I was you, I'd probably start with an inverted collective axis right away.