DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

All working perfectly. Freaking. Amazing. Seriously, so impressed with this app.

Is it possible to export the Tomcat pilot's radar screen to a tablet? I'm guessing it will require a totally different method, but that will be the final screen I need.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Bought it few days ago and I agree its nice app. I should've bought it sooner. Really helpful. I hope it'd continue to get more features. Being able to export whole mfd would be awesome. You could be rich with this app lol.

Amazing, I wish I had the skill in coding. Knowledge is power.

Cheers.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

This is probably some bug in DCS, which causes that the data from LCD displays in JF-17 is not sent. And the DCS version does not matter here. Recently, after reinstalling Windows, it also stopped working for me, and in DCS I did not change anything, I only started it after reinstalling Windows ..

Everything is fine with the application and the script, I am trying to find out why this happenning

I removed DCS ExportScript from the Export.lua today and the text was showing up as intended. Strange as it didn't work when I did a complete wipe of my Saved Games folder.

Now the next question - is there anyway for this app to work together with DCS Export Script? I bought a stream deck XL to use as well and would like to use DCS Interface.

I asked Piotr the same question. He is aware of the problem and may be looking into it. Let's hope he finds a way. I need both to work.

I think DCS Exports and DCS UFC app is almost the same, variants of each other with slight modifications hence the conflicts. I'd hate to choose one over the other as they are both very good

I removed DCS ExportScript from the Export.lua today and the text was showing up as intended. Strange as it didn't work when I did a complete wipe of my Saved Games folder.

Now the next question - is there anyway for this app to work together with DCS Export Script? I bought a stream deck XL to use as well and would like to use DCS Interface.

New information I've found

No issues with data display if I start the mission with plane already hot. I used auto start sequence to make sure i didn't miss anything. Checklist page on MFD also shows no errors.

But cold start always fails to display data. All pushbuttons still work.

Switching off the UFC via right panel WMMC1 and WMMC2 turns off the ingame UFC and also UFC app data fields to blank as appropriate. Switching them back on shows the start-up bit timer also. So problem only reproduced on cold-start.

Edited by crispy12

I asked Piotr the same question. He is aware of the problem and may be looking into it. Let's hope he finds a way. I need both to work.

I had the same quandary. I sold my Stream Deck XL a month after I bought it.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

All working perfectly. Freaking. Amazing. Seriously, so impressed with this app.

Is it possible to export the Tomcat pilot's radar screen to a tablet? I'm guessing it will require a totally different method, but that will be the final screen I need.

RWR is the same Viewport as MFD, VDI or all the rest, if I manage it, everything will work

Bought it few days ago and I agree its nice app. I should've bought it sooner. Really helpful. I hope it'd continue to get more features. Being able to export whole mfd would be awesome. You could be rich with this app lol.

Amazing, I wish I had the skill in coding. Knowledge is power.

Cheers.

Heh, thanks:-)

New information I've found

No issues with data display if I start the mission with plane already hot. I used auto start sequence to make sure i didn't miss anything. Checklist page on MFD also shows no errors.

But cold start always fails to display data. All pushbuttons still work.

Switching off the UFC via right panel WMMC1 and WMMC2 turns off the ingame UFC and also UFC app data fields to blank as appropriate. Switching them back on shows the start-up bit timer also. So problem only reproduced on cold-start.

Update the script, I think I found a fix for the problem. It started working for me again:-)

Same Challenge: F/A-18C IFEI not displaying numbers

Unfortunately, the IFEI panel (for Hornet) does not work. And the UFC panel works fine.

The scripts have been updated.

Amazing progress since April with all the updates. Bravo!

Same Challenge as Doomal_dolgo. UFC works, as do other panels on F/A18, F14, Mirage, etc..

I noticed Export4SD =true for device 4 (that is my Windows 10 PC running DCS)

Should all or some other devices in my Config.lua have same as the default has?: ExportScript.Config.Export4SD = true

example:

-- device 4

ExportScript.Config.Export4 = true -- sending data

ExportScript.Config.Export4SD = true -- sendind data from SD

ExportScript.Config.Host4 = "127.0.0.1" -- IP for 4rd app

ExportScript.Config.Port4 = 5160 -- port for sending data

Config.lua and Tools.lua attachments provided ...

Config.lua

Tools.lua

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Amazing progress since April with all the updates. Bravo!

Same Challenge as Doomal_dolgo. UFC works, as do other panels on F/A18, F14, Mirage, etc..

I noticed Export4SD =true for device 4 (that is my Windows 10 PC running DCS)

Should all or some other devices in my Config.lua have same as the default has?: ExportScript.Config.Export4SD = true

ExportXSD - this is an option that looks a bit ahead because thanks to this you can "separate" the data required only by DCS UFC and my other applications (currently it allows to display G / AoA value / Mach in DCS AoA Indexer). It will also be required to receive data in SimFDR http://pw-developer.com/soft_simfdr.html

But for it to work, ExportScript.Config.ExportSelfData = true must be set

so for your configuration: device 7 (Phone_S4-AoA)

Export7SD should be true

for the rest of devices with DCS UFC set to false (unnecessary data for this application will not be sent -> less data sent over the network -> less application has to process -> the device responds faster and works longer on the battery)

Important: if ExportSelfData = false, then setting any of ExportXSD will have no effect (no matter if it's false or true), this data will not be sent from DCS to any device anyway.

I use "device 4" to test the script and all the changes I make to see if everything is received from DCS as it should be. You can safely change its settings for any device

Dammit, I had this working perfectly... and then I installed a mesh WiFi system in my house. My devices are all now connected to the satellite device, including the PC. All IPs are static and correctly configured in the config file. I have forwarded ports 5160 and 25070 via the Router's interface, and Windows firewall. I have run the update script. I can input commands, but the app is not animating to reflect any changes.

Not sure what to do, as the way this mesh works is that I all channels in my house are broadcast under a single SSD, and it's very complicated to break this feature. Any ideas?

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

Dammit, I had this working perfectly... and then I installed a mesh WiFi system in my house. My devices are all now connected to the satellite device, including the PC. All IPs are static and correctly configured in the config file. I have forwarded ports 5160 and 25070 via the Router's interface, and Windows firewall. I have run the update script. I can input commands, but the app is not animating to reflect any changes.

Not sure what to do, as the way this mesh works is that I all channels in my house are broadcast under a single SSD, and it's very complicated to break this feature. Any ideas?

Give something more info, what devices, what is connected to what etc. Have to read more about such networks, whether devices in them are visible "directly" or not. What the configuration looks like, maybe devices are connecting to a router other than the PC.

Ok, this screenshot shows the IP addresses of my devices (3 x tablets, 1 x phone), my PC's IP address, whether they're connected to the Satellite or the Router, the contents of the config file, and the contents of the export.lua. Note that the PC is connected to the Satellite via Ethernet, while all other devices are connected via Wireless. I'm using the RBR750 kit from Netgear.

dDCXWgl.jpg

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

Ok, this screenshot shows the IP addresses of my devices (3 x tablets, 1 x phone), my PC's IP address, whether they're connected to the Satellite or the Router, the contents of the config file, and the contents of the export.lua. Note that the PC is connected to the Satellite via Ethernet, while all other devices are connected via Wireless. I'm using the RBR750 kit from Netgear.

dDCXWgl.jpg

Why do you have 192.168.1.104/105/106/108 set in the Config.lua file when the router configuration shows the IP address .4 / .5 / .6 / .8 ??

Why do you have 192.168.1.104/105/106/108 set in the Config.lua file when the router configuration shows the IP address .4 / .5 / .6 / .8 ??

Hahaha, that'd be it! I swear I'm bloody dyslexic when it comes to IP addresses... no matter how many times I look at each one, I still type the wrong thing in!

Thank you for looking over my screens, that fixed the problem. Once again I'm in Tomcat heaven!

Hello, I have a problem when using the DCS UFC app, I partially display the UFC of the JF17, for example the diodes lights up AOP, HNS, A/P, the buttons work but I have no display in the windows, it works well on UFC hornet but no indications on IFEI?

Thank you for your help

Hello, I have a problem when using the DCS UFC app, I partially display the UFC of the JF17, for example the diodes lights up AOP, HNS, A/P, the buttons work but I have no display in the windows, it works well on UFC hornet but no indications on IFEI?

Thank you for your help

Update folder Modules to the latest version

Edited by pet333r

A few more things to improve and the update will be ready. It includes a wing sweep indicator for Tomcat, a HUD panel for Hornet and ALR-67

Then I take on Viggen:smilewink:

acmp.thumb.png.7209968b23c60fdef65bdfba1840b13e.png

fa18.thumb.png.dd65ed9d7ca942af721cc0398f0ca45f.png

Edited by pet333r

Mate, can't wait for more Tomcat loving! I'm sure the Hornet pilots are in heaven too.

I've hit a new issue: I'm running 3 x tablets and a single phone, with 3 x DCS UFC and 1 x DCS AoA indexer. For some reason the smallest tablet, the E7 with IP 192.168.1.4 in the image below, is not showing responding. I tried both F-14 ACM and Warnings panels, and got zero response. I'm guessing I've screwed up my IP address somehow, but after checking several times it all looks ok?

OtDGdww.jpg

Mate, can't wait for more Tomcat loving! I'm sure the Hornet pilots are in heaven too.

I've hit a new issue: I'm running 3 x tablets and a single phone, with 3 x DCS UFC and 1 x DCS AoA indexer. For some reason the smallest tablet, the E7 with IP 192.168.1.4 in the image below, is not showing responding. I tried both F-14 ACM and Warnings panels, and got zero response. I'm guessing I've screwed up my IP address somehow, but after checking several times it all looks ok?

OtDGdww.jpg

The problem will probably be somewhere on the device side, check the wifi, restart, once again make sure that the IP address is correct on the device. Probably some crap, it happens.

Not that long ago I used to look for a solution at home why the device won't connect (2 hours of searching for a problem, it was enough to turn on the wifi:doh: )