Engine management question?

Bagpipe

@OverStratos,

Are there any plans to implement engine/compressor stalls etc when in High AoA/High air flow states, such as those found with the Mig21bis module.

I love my Mig19 but having flown the 21 i can't help but wonder if the 19 would have suffered the same issues.

I find it really adds to the dynamic of the jet as you have to be very conscious of how you fly it in a dogfight.

As it stands, with the 19 i can pull High AoA with afterburn engaged and pretty much stall the plane vertically while the engine still churns along quite happily glowing in the background.

Which leads me to think there is more can be done in this department. :huh::huh:

As always, thanks for the effort and keep up the beautiful work :thumbup:

RD-9B engine quirks will be added as soon as coders have more time to get into the aircraft.

The engine is not so affected by AOA or airspeed as it is by negative airflow, too quick movement of the throttles and the time it stays in some regimes.

Awesome, let’s hope it is on the priority list after the AV8B as I would really love all my razbam models up to standard before investing in any newer releases.

I think when this module is complete it will be one of the best around

+1

The ability to try before purchase swayed me!

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 1 month later...