[NOBUG] Hand entered way-points not accurate

fencible

Since I cannot currently enter way-points on multi-servers in the usual way (via F10 map), I have been testing hand-entered way-points by taking coordinates from the map and entering them directly. After that I designate the target(s) by TAKT, press '9', press desired way-point button.

I am finding that these way-points are not accurate enough for the BK-90 cluster munitions. They seem to be about 0.5 km off-target. I am entering the local atmospheric pressure for the target area, as near as I can estimate (practice targets are very near sea-level), yet still a large discrepancy.

So there seem to be two issues with the current open-beta build: 1) the well established method for entering way-points in online servers is not working, and 2) hand entered way-points in the cockpit seem inaccurate or transformed.

ARe you using the correct format? Degrees,minutes,seconds

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Yes, I am quite sure I entered Long before Lat. Since the distance from takeoff to the test-fire area is small, I cannot imagine that NAV drift plays much of a part in it.

Still, since none of you folks seem to be having any similar problems with this, I will assume that I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your answers.

Yes, I am quite sure I entered Long before Lat. Since the distance from takeoff to the test-fire area is small, I cannot imagine that NAV drift plays much of a part in it.

Still, since none of you folks seem to be having any similar problems with this, I will assume that I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your answers.

That could be the problem. Navigation system usually needs some alignment just after take off. Do your TERNAV status shows 5- TERNAV got the position and sending automatic fixes to navigation?