Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Tutorial helper markers scaling in VR

Vakarian

First of all, sorry if I placed this in the wrong section.

I noticed some pretty frustrating issue while doing any tutorial mission (screenshot are from Ka-50 because of free trial :thumbup: ). When tutorial ask you to flip a certain switch(es) it marks it with a helper box. That's all fine and great but in VR that helper marker is way too big. I have tried using the VR zoom, but that doesn't help at all. Now, I know that it's centered on a switch I need to press, but it becomes a mess when you have multiple switches in close proximity and the mission marks them all (see screenshot HowItIsCurrently.png).

I'd like to ask for a possibility that those markers get smaller or at least some option for every player to set it's own scale of those markers. See screenshot (HowItShouldBe.png). While doing that startup mission, it took me around 3 minutes to figure out what does the marker mark as it was my first time in the Ka-50 cockpit and I had really no idea what does any switch mean.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to adjust those markers in the 2D version as well. What immediately comes to mind is the A-10C startup sequence where the boost pump switches are marked. With that amount of markers, they quickly become a clutter that masks the switches.

Regards,

Vakarian

HowItIsCurrently.thumb.png.516ac9de82754ef53a4d29cf8721336b.png

HowItShouldBe.thumb.png.6a451e9f9c8c480488066910353a12e8.png

I'd like to ask for a possibility that those markers get smaller or at least some option for every player to set it's own scale of those markers.

While we wait for ED to make the cockpit highlights more thin on VR, I've opted to do the training missions on 2D mode only, where this is less of a problem, leaving VR only for operational missions.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

While we wait for ED to make the cockpit highlights more thin on VR, I've opted to do the training missions on 2D mode only, where this is less of a problem, leaving VR only for operational missions.

Please don't!! For the sake of those people (like me), who don't have a proper 2D screen. I'd rather ditch that space consuming piece of history all together :P

Just make the yellow indications smaller. They'd still be properly visible in 2D, just a bit smaller

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I mean, even in 2D they aren't really optimal so some adjustments are necessary. If they could make it as an option with some sliders adjusting thickness and the scale, that would be the perfect solution. Even more now that they implemented custom graphics presets so we can save one preset for 2D and one for VR