[REPORTED]elevators on tail boom not synchronised to cyclic pitch

Rifter

Actually they are not synchronized to anything - they don't move at all.

Has been broken at least since 2.5.3 maybe even in all 2.5.x versions.

Was working perfectly in 1.5.8 though...

Looking into the UH-1 model in ModelViewer shows that argument 500 (cyclic pitch) is not connected to elevators.

Elevators have argument 15 and can be rotated manually in ModelViewer. Originally they moved together with the 500-slider.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/huey/?SHOWALL_1=1

Flight control system

The flight control system is a hydraulically-assisted positive mechanical type, actuated by conventional helicopter controls. Complete controls are provided for both pilot and copilot. The system includes a cyclic system, collective control system, tail rotor system, force trim system, synchronized elevator, and a stabilizer bar.

• ED Team

Hi

I do have this reported tot he team, but I have no time line for a fix.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

FWIW, I have never seen my own elevator move, but I see other Huey's moving their elevators, been that way since I've had the Huey, purchased in early 2019. I recall seeing elevators moving after the epic 2.5.6 update, but haven't checked on the most recent update.

Thank you BIGNEWY for your attention!

Here is a workaround for the elevator movement until the final patch by ED.

(For those everything-works-like-the-real-thing-nerds like me :))

Since the elevators are accessible by argument 15 in the model, the elevators can be coupled with the pitch movement by a simple script.

Everything for the workaround takes place in the ../DCS World/Mods/aircraft/Uh-1H/Cockpit/Scripts directory.

Make a backup of devices.lua and device_init.lua and place the new versions of them into the directory.

Then create a new directory within /Scripts called SYSTEM.

There you copy the files init.lua and ext_sys.lua.

The changes to the original files are documented by comments 'workaround device for synchronized elevators on tail boom' for those who are curious.

Now the elevators move synchronized with the pitch.

Not sure about the deflection on the real huey.

But you can increase the deflection by multiplication of the pitch value in the ext_sys.lua file for example by 2:

set_aircraft_draw_argument_value(15, pitch*2)

Not tested in MP for integrity check.

Not tested in beta 2.5.6.

devices.lua

device_init.lua

init.lua

ext_sys.lua

• 11 months later...

Since the thread was bumped: My workaround from above does not work anymore since ED now prevents manipulations on the Huey module of the kind I used here.

I did it wrong anyway, since the elevator movement on the real Huey counteracts the cyclic pitch movement rather than supporting it (what I mistakenly did with my workaround).

As further observation from my side: In multiplayer the tilting elevators are still visible on the Hueys of other players - though not on the players own chopper when viewed from the outside - as already stated above by Heimz.

Edited by Rifter
forgot something...
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...