The BS will profile joysticks inside the DVD?

Legolasindar

The BS will come with various profiles for different peripherals control of the market?, Talked mostly clear of Saitek and TM (including the magnificent Cougar).

It is always much better to adapt a decent profile to make a new one from scratch. He inevitable, the many profiles I used to different simulators, created by different people, some better than others, there is only one that did not have to change anything, it was that of Jonas "Stalker" Johnsson for the Forgotten Battles. In the other always had to change something, but were not enough.

So although it is difficult that we do not have to modify a profile already established, is a great help to have already created a profile only have to adapt to our needs.

And now that I am with the subject, but none of the developers will see it, to thank all those who spent some time in their lives to create a profile for a simulator, and publish it for the enjoyment of all, because I have done a lot flights easier and rewarding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Althought I highly, highly disagree with you about using other people's profiles (when people beg on forums for a profile I want to scream "Make it yourself damn it! Thats what I did!!! :lol: ) since they'll never ever be MY profile made by ME, it would be really cool if the BS manual has something similar to the Falcon manual: a complete illustrated description of the stick and collective, what all the buttons do on the real thing (minus the classified stuff), and what keyboard keys correspond to these functions. This way, you can set yours up like the real thing!

In that way, you are using someone elses profile: the one used by the designers of the actual machine! :thumbup:

I respectfully disagree with you RedTiger. When time is very limited, and you can only fly from time to time, it is much better time wise to learn a pre-exsisting good profile from someone that is versed in creating them. I've tried in the past to make my own profile, but I always get errors or don't understand it. Both really. I have a new baby, and am now a stay at home Father, and very busy with her. If I had to build a profile in order to fly BS well, I guess I would have to pass on it.

So to me and many others, when time flying is at a premium, it's better to learn a profile than learn the Foxy program for my Cougar and build one. And I thank everyone that takes the time to build these and post them for guys like me.

• Like 1

Althought I highly, highly disagree with you about using other people's profiles (when people beg on forums for a profile I want to scream "Make it yourself damn it! Thats what I did!!! :lol: )

I feal the same way as RedTiger. But Coffee999 has a good point. Not everyone is able to creat their own keymap for their joystick. Not to metion I will be maping some of the things to switchs insted of the stick. Like the real Ka-50. That way I only have a as real stick setup as posable.

One needs to keep in mind that DCS will have simplfied setups for the game as well. not everyone will fly in full realisem like we will. And most people will have a life unlike us :drunk:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I respectfully disagree with you RedTiger. When time is very limited, and you can only fly from time to time, it is much better time wise to learn a pre-exsisting good profile from someone that is versed in creating them. I've tried in the past to make my own profile, but I always get errors or don't understand it. Both really. I have a new baby, and am now a stay at home Father, and very busy with her. If I had to build a profile in order to fly BS well, I guess I would have to pass on it.

So to me and many others, when time flying is at a premium, it's better to learn a profile than learn the Foxy program for my Cougar and build one. And I thank everyone that takes the time to build these and post them for guys like me.

I highly respect those that put the important things first, and a youngster certainly should go first. I applaud you! :clap:

Now, I don't have any experience with Foxy, but I have used Logitech's old software and I've used multiple versions of SST. Is Foxy fairly unintuitive? I ask since I'm going to be switching to CH stuff soon and I have a feeling Saitek's SST has spoiled me.

For the ones I've used, you look at the key card reference for your sim, decide that you want "FIRE A" to be your button for function X, input that in the software, and repeat. For a simple sim like Lockon, it takes about 10 minutes to create. You open up notepad, test your buttons, save, and you're good to go. I programmed the full F-16 HOTAS on to my x52 pro and had it tested and working in about half an hour. The hard part is always getting sliders and rotaries to do individual key presses when you turn them, but after a few minutes of trial and error I had it down pat.

I dunno, maybe this just comes naturally to me? I thought this stuff was cake and everyone just programmed their own.

In that case, when I make my profile for LOBS, I'll offer it around to see if anyone would like to try it. :)

I highly respect those that put the important things first, and a youngster certainly should go first. I applaud you! :clap:

Now, I don't have any experience with Foxy, but I have used Logitech's old software and I've used multiple versions of SST. Is Foxy fairly unintuitive? I ask since I'm going to be switching to CH stuff soon and I have a feeling Saitek's SST has spoiled me.

For the ones I've used, you look at the key card reference for your sim, decide that you want "FIRE A" to be your button for function X, input that in the software, and repeat. For a simple sim like Lockon, it takes about 10 minutes to create. You open up notepad, test your buttons, save, and you're good to go. I programmed the full F-16 HOTAS on to my x52 pro and had it tested and working in about half an hour. The hard part is always getting sliders and rotaries to do individual key presses when you turn them, but after a few minutes of trial and error I had it down pat.

I dunno, maybe this just comes naturally to me? I thought this stuff was cake and everyone just programmed their own.

In that case, when I make my profile for LOBS, I'll offer it around to see if anyone would like to try it. :)

Hi RedTiger, Thanks for the good words.

Foxy has a very steep learning curve. Nothng like I read about CH and others. And even though I've tried to learn it, I just get frustrated. I learn new software quickly, but not Foxy. I spent hours and hours with it till I said screw it DLed on from the net. So if you ever go Cougar,, I would love to try out a profile of yours. :-)

The BS will come with various profiles for different peripherals control of the market?, Talked mostly clear of Saitek and TM (including the magnificent Cougar).

Don't know yet. Perhaps this is something the testers can take on if ED is unable to do it in time.

...it would be really cool if the BS manual has something similar to the Falcon manual: a complete illustrated description of the stick and collective, what all the buttons do on the real thing (minus the classified stuff), and what keyboard keys correspond to these functions. This way, you can set yours up like the real thing!

It does.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Certainly setting up an x52 profile using SST is quite easy..

A little back and forwarding in and out of game as you try to decide what is important enough to put on the HOTAS is the hardest part....but without having set it up yourself, I think it is less likely you will remember what is on each button / slider / axis / toggle.

As a side note, if you are doing an X52 profile, make sure you give the key presses proper names in SST!..that way, as you are trying to learn the keys, you can hold down button 30 (the one with the "i" on it) and then the button you want to query on the HOTAS and it will list the name of it's function on the throttle LCD without executing it.

Also, assign the Keyboard command equivelant in SST rather than assigning a joy-button press on the game..that way it's MUCH easier to change your profile around.

If you assign a standard button press in game instead, it won't be listed as having a function in SST, nor will the Button30 query show anything for that button.

Also, since we're talking X52 ;) , press and hold button 30 (the one with the "i" on it) and use the joystick hat switch (the lower one) to navigate around your Saitek directory and load / unload profiles on the fly (ie. in game)..output is on the Throttle LCD...select [..] top go up a level , left to unload and right to go into a directory / load a profile.

I'm sure 99% of x52 / SST users know this..but ya never know!

I only add this since I just set up a LOMAC (su-25t) x52 profile this weekend past.

(Happy to share it if anyone wants..I haven't assigned the two rotary's to anything yet, and use the "shift" pinkie button for quite a few things).

Also, since we're talking X52 ;) , press and hold button 30 (the one with the "i" on it) and use the joystick hat switch (the lower one) to navigate around your Saitek directory and load / unload profiles on the fly (ie. in game)..output is on the Throttle LCD...select [..] top go up a level , left to unload and right to go into a directory / load a profile.

I'm sure 99% of x52 / SST users know this..but ya never know!

Just for a different view on this for anyone who is interested, if you use the latest SST software you can disable this clutch button and use it as a normal mapable button. The one thing I hated about the x52 pro at first was the fact that you have this nice accesible button for a limited "clutch" function. I never needed to switch profiles on the fly, so essentially I had one less button. With the new software, I could finally make the button into something useful for me.

All this is moot though since my Fighterstick and Pro-throttle are in the mail now...:music_whistling:

Myself. I prefer to learn from a basic profile and go from there. I need a basic assignment keys. I’ll change them if it needs be. But I like having a basic point to learn with. A point of origin, sort of speak.

Mapping all the keys individually, true it might be gratifying. But I just don’t have the time. Basically thanks to all that does share there key config with the community.

Hopefully BS will have all default key assignment. Unlike IL2 where your lost on what to put or assign to what by default, lol.

I’m very happy myself with the key bindings that was created by someone at ED for my MS Sidewinder (I know, old hardware) and my Saitek X-45. I used that default config to build my own. But I had a basis to work with and get a basis of what goes where and so on…

Anyhow Cheers & Thanks.

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.