Diggerence between superbug and f14b

So I tried the hornet a few weeks ago when it was free.

I hated her! Lol she was insanely easy to fly but felt sloooow to me.

My VERY FIRST FLIGHT EVER in her I trapped.

I still f up trapping in the F14. When I land my F14 I legit feel like some muscled greek god who landed his winged chariot to a slamming stop on an aircraft carrier through steam and gauges and will power.

The F18 I felt flew for me and.. it felt weird. I dont know how to explain it the engines felt like toys.

It felt like the difference between a pellet gun and shooting yiur first real gun.

Or the first time you take a jimmy off and go in with no raincoat.

F the hornet!

This post brought to you by the Tomcat Gang

Funny because I had the absolute opposite experience with trapping. Not only was the F-14 my first DCS carrier jet, but it was my first jet on dcs period. I got a 2 or 3 wire on my first try, though the rest of the case I was not proper (I crashed a lot after trying to do the case I properly). The tomcat has issues with being too forgiving when landing at high drop rate. I find the hornet has a more believable trap model.

Though I agree that the tomcat in general feels better to fly and feels more powerful. But I prefer the crazy AoA you can do with the hornet, and I don't have to worry about jester screwing things up.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Hmm.

Well to be honest i dont own hornet.

F14 was NOT my first dcs jet. LOL I flown a lot and own a lot. All i fly is the f14 and huey though. Almost entirely f14.

I did like the mig21 but it was too much work for the littlest things. The f86 great but .50s hopelessly nerfed like the p51. It lacked content at the time too. F5 was cool but lacked content at the time. I regret the gazelle and ka50 terribly. Whar a waste. The su25 is cool. A10A is cool and the FC3 planes.

Back tonthe subject...

The F14 WAS my first carrier plane. I admit I had an advantage on you in that but brago landing first time in a f14. I didnt. I find her floaty and harder to land.

The hornet I legit fired up VERY FIRST FLIGHT EVER hit esp went to controls bound the stick and thats it, and got a 3 wire. I rolled my eyes. Then I did the 1 v 1 in PG versus a mig. I ground killed him by maneuvering but I could never get on his 6. And of course I hadnt studied the weapons (lol) so I was dogfighting like I had to get on his 6.

Still. The F14 i ride that thing and I feel like Hephaestus. This screaming angry fast god of war banging about the skies. It felt like a muscle car versus a tesla. A real rock.concert versus an ipod, that girl next door versus your hand - lol ok not that bad.

I really wanted the thunder to work for me. It wont i dont know why.

I totally wasted this free period lmao. Someone fixed dce for me and Ive just beennflying the f14 non stop.

I just felt safer in the F14 Ill add. It accelerates WAY faster. I was going a lot faster. The hud wherever i looked was really.convenient but felt like cheating. I felt *wrong* with that thing.

I took the harrier out once. And died in.5 min. Mi8 i had to autorotate sort of.

I havent even flown the f16 besides to just land it (im a weirdo i do that any module i get the chance like to prove i can)

I wish i had a more powerful system now dcs ww2 finally matured somewhat. For one you dont NEED to fly rhe p51. And .50s in a combat box still kill. Il2s ww2 is better IMO EXCEPT it doesnt have 4 engines and its ridiculous

Welcome to Hornet life vs Tomcat life. I fly these two a lot, and the Tomcat is more fun to fly and if you know where her limits are is very capable BFM. The Hornet is stupid easy to use as Human Machine Interface is light years more advanced. When I go do war type missions, I take the Hornet. The Situational Awareness is amazing. It is lacking in both speed and range compared to the Cat, but for everything else it is as good or better.

IMO, cat is easier to trap. More forgiving landing gear for high sink rates (Jester yells at me) but you can use auto throttle to stay on AoA.

I dont auto anything. Ibheard navy pilots didnt like to.

Anyways the hornet was stupid easy to trap.

I dont own the mod so i goto combat in the f14. Shes my baby and I own the module. I need to master her. And i click with her some planes. . I just suck at im not a f14 ace but i get kills in it... i get gun kills againat 9ther fighters in a dve campaign so more like a real scenario versus orher planes not at all.

The hornet does have better SA but I learned a lot of tricks with my F14.

Its also like the huey. Im a weirdo - I wanna dly CASEVAC. Id kill of every down3ed pilot sometimes generated CSAR missions. Id pay money if someone made a dce model for rhat and made a huey campaign and mi8 camp thi i dont own it and youbtried to rescur friendly aircrew. Thats the only major thing we are missing for an aerial battlefield.

Sti lll the F14 feels like a beast. I cant explain it. It feels alive. The hornet feels like a sim. It is a sim but do you get what I mean? I feel like I guess a tomcat would be riding my horse into battle versus when cars were invented.

By the by since I get answers here are e HARMs bugged? In the SCE campaign for the 80s against the Sovs the SEAD strikes maybe 1 in 20 harms hits!!

There's no superbug in DCS...

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

So I tried the hornet a few weeks ago when it was free.

I hated her! Lol she was insanely easy to fly but felt sloooow to me.

My VERY FIRST FLIGHT EVER in her I trapped.

I still f up trapping in the F14. When I land my F14 I legit feel like some muscled greek god who landed his winged chariot to a slamming stop on an aircraft carrier through steam and gauges and will power.

The F18 I felt flew for me and.. it felt weird. I dont know how to explain it the engines felt like toys.

It felt like the difference between a pellet gun and shooting yiur first real gun.

Or the first time you take a jimmy off and go in with no raincoat.

F the hornet!

This post brought to you by the Tomcat Gang

The Hornet wasn't made for the joy of flight, it was made to allow the pilot to focus on the tactical side of the mission and manage his systems for maximum mission effectiveness. That's not possible if the pilot has to focus on keeping the bird flying.

And as mattag08 pointed out, there is no Super Hornet in DCS anyways...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

And as mattag08 pointed out, there is no Super Hornet in DCS anyways...

Please mattag08 is what my parents call me. Matt is fine. :D

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

Please mattag08 is what my parents call me. Matt is fine. :D

:lol:

Matt it is then :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Welcome to Hornet life vs Tomcat life. I fly these two a lot, and the Tomcat is more fun to fly and if you know where her limits are is very capable BFM. The Hornet is stupid easy to use as Human Machine Interface is light years more advanced.

I don't think anyone put this into words more eloquently! Spot on! :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Just a joke man.

I know a lot of older pilots from VN cold war era

J Chesire who was on the 2nd F14 deployment and did 2 F4 tours in Nam I correspond with. One night him and his squadron masked up.and with pistols drunkenly boarded a freight train tonhijack it

They jumped off after changing their minds. Said itnseemed like a good idea at the time.

Contrast to CW Lemoine - and hes a great guy - but hes a cop and fighter pilot. Clean cut, clean as a choir boy. No bars in Subic; no stealing freight trains, just not the old true fighter pilot spirit.

My father flew F4s 70s to 80s. They constantly slid nude slides in the briefings for jokes (it was taken deadly serious however - it all got done) did crazy pranks and stunts. Stupid crap to prove their manhood. It was a different breed. Whether both breeds are equal in air combat hasnt been tested with the new breed.

The old breed passed with flying colors. And frankly givenncold war or ww2 or korean planes or my dad knowing he had to loft tac nukes at the red army and his entire squadron felt it was a suicide mission... it led to a lifestyle. You want wild adventurous men in those jobs. Who else is going to fly a6s NOE before NVGs? Or any number of the old things

Dont get me wrong. The new generations utterly cold.professional and good. But sometimes I wonder if they got "it" for missions with no hope or attrition rates that ensure death. They dont have that wild free spirited attitude the militsry actually fostered somewhat anymore and it makes you wonder if in turn theyre more soberly thinking about their survival.prospects. im sure theyd dongrwat. Every generation gas stepped up. I truly wonder however if perhaps they may. End up going backwards culture wise (if you consider it backwards..) or feel that they need diff men for fighter work. If thats ever a thing anymore

Oh last thing. I was a criminal. Did time.sort of biased against cops.

Edited by sublime