X52 - can I program this....?

Sprool

Going through setting up the X52 for use with the FC3 planes. I want a press on the hat3 on throttle to be able to step through the 7 different modes which are normally accessed via keyboard numbers 1 to 7. Any way of setting up a hat press that outputs in sequence the numbers 1 ....7?

You can't program so that every time you press, it goes from 1 through 7 in sequence each time. Since it has to remember where you stopped which it can't do.

What you can do however, is to use Advanced Commands. So if you hold right hat, it'll start pressing 1 through 7 in say, 1 second interval. And if you release, it'll stop at whatever number you let go.

In "Press" section of Advanced Command, press 1 through 7 in sequence and set them up to be 1 second interval. Then in "Release" section, setup release all 1 through 7 in very short interval like 0.01 ms. You have to delete all the pressed key icons in Release section.

Just be aware that everytime you press the button, it'll restart from 1.

Better way to program in my opinion is to use the rotary as bands from 1 to 7.

Edited by Taz1004

So I mapped the rotary and 7 bands but it s constantly spitting out numbers all the time, from 1 to 7 depending on the position. I need it to only output the next number when it goes from one band to the next one. Any ideas? My early attempts at joy_gremlin also results in contant output stream

When you enter a band you want to press AND RELEASE the number. You do not want anything to be repeated.

So, IIRC in the Logitech software, in each band, in the PRESS line you want both a press and about 100ms later a release event of the number.

That's all. Nothing in repeat nor release line.

So I mapped the rotary and 7 bands but it s constantly spitting out numbers all the time, from 1 to 7 depending on the position. I need it to only output the next number when it goes from one band to the next one. Any ideas? My early attempts at joy_gremlin also results in contant output stream

Right, you have to use the Advanced Command as Ant0ine said.