VAICOM pro or voice attack ready?

sambucca

Hi guys,

I'm ready to pull the trigger on VAICOM pro.

Will it be usable for supercarrier?

I can't think of a better time to use voice activated commands than during carrier ops.

It must be horrible, to be in the stack, with your VR glasses on, to be messing with the comms menu.

time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time...

my rig: I7-9700K@4,9 Ghz, 1080ti, 32Gb RAM@3733 Mhz, HP Reverb Pro, TM Cougar with FSSB R2, TM MFD's

Hi, I was going to ask the same question, I currently use viacom pro, doesn’t seem to be any commands yet, although it does get updated after some updates, don’t know if Hollywood is around to answer these questions ?

With Vaicom Pro you can create your own unique profiles based on a module's comm menus. But to take it to the next level, I suggest you look into Bailey's F18 Vaicom Pro Mod. He's got everything in it, including voice activated commands for avionics and weapons. I think he's even mapped one for a piddle pack (sic). He's got a YouTube video showcasing his mod as well. Fly safe and healthy and, don't soil your flight suit.

With Vaicom Pro you can create your own unique profiles based on a module's comm menus. But to take it to the next level, I suggest you look into Bailey's F18 Vaicom Pro Mod. He's got everything in it, including voice activated commands for avionics and weapons. I think he's even mapped one for a piddle pack (sic). He's got a YouTube video showcasing his mod as well. Fly safe and healthy and, don't soil your flight suit.

I'm fairly sure that is a voiceAttack profile and not a VAICOM pro mod. You can use the two together however.

If you check out the recently opened VAICOM sub-forum, you will be able to ask any questions that you have or maybe find that it has already been asked and answered.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=733

As for the SC, an addon has been developed and will be able to be purchased and activated once the SC has been released.

I guess I haven't looked at VAICOM close enough..

Do you have to buy each profile separately? ????

time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time...

my rig: I7-9700K@4,9 Ghz, 1080ti, 32Gb RAM@3733 Mhz, HP Reverb Pro, TM Cougar with FSSB R2, TM MFD's

Not entirely. A long time ago you had to load a different profile for each aircraft, but since VAICOM Pro, it automatically detects which one you are flying and adjusts accordingly.

However, for the F14, there is an optional addon that allows you to replace the need for the radial menu, via which you talk to the RIO.

The same will go for the Super Carrier, to allow the new advanced ATC to be handled cleanly.

The above two chargeable addons are available at 5.50 euros and 3.50 euros respectively, via https://www.vaicompro.com/, but there are also bundled prices available.

Edited by Greyman

My bad Greyman. You're absolutely right. Bailey's mod is a Voice Attack Profile. What I was trying to pass along, without getting into the weeds, is that Vaicom affords seamless PTT functionality without having to deal with menus - which I believe was Sambuca's interest. To cut to the chase. Get Vaicom Pro, download a suitable Voice Attack Profile, add your own custom commands if you like and, you're good to go. I've been using VCP for about two years now and, IMHO, it's a must have. And definitely consider the Chatter and Aero packs as well.

Bare bones Voice Attack is pretty bad at voice recognition and scripting flexibility. I spent all day today trying to make Bailey's scrips dial a manual frequency, read the manuals etc, but then gave up. Windows engine just cannot tell '12' from 'one to'. VAICOM Pro adds some dll's that do some heavy lifting under the hood, it has a section to dial radios, but it also does not work for F18 for some reason. Their scrips are a blackbox, cannot debug them. They promise to sell an extension for Supercarrier ($3.50), but who knows how good it will be. I still bough the Pro license in anticipation of the carrier, just to call the ball ))

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Yeah Impalor, the Window's speach engine doesn't play nice with Bailey's profile or, for that matter - others. However, since I 'm into the tactile feel of buttons and switches on my TM Cougar MFD's and F/A-18 Stick along with the WinWing Super Taurus Throttle setup, I only use VCP/VA for comms. All-in-all, after you train it up for voice recognition, its a great sense of immersion.

I'm mainly a Hornet driver nowadays too, but it looks like Heatblur may be putting the Tomcat on sale again soon, so i may be buying that, along with AIRIO and the SC addon for Vaicom, to complete the set.

Edit: I'd rather use voice recognition just for the radio comms, as I find using it for things like gear and flaps is a bit unrealistic, but each to their own. AIRIO is fine, as you are telling another "human" to do stuff, so no loss of realism there.

Edited by Greyman

LOL I pulled the trigger on via com and Voice attack ages ago and have never been able to get it sorted LOL this really sucks

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

LOL I pulled the trigger on via com and Voice attack ages ago and have never been able to get it sorted LOL this really sucks

From your post in the Vaicom thread, back in 2018, it looks like you had an issue with an apparent VoiceAttack version incompatibility. As VA and Vaicom have moved on significantly since then, it is probably not worth trying to solve that issue and if you want to give it another try, the problem will probably not happen again.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=271597 is the recently created FAQ page and it also includes links to the manual and a couple of videos that might be worth watching.

Give it another go and post again on the Vaicom sub-forum, if you need any assistance.

I have just got VA and Viacom, think I got it configured but not tried to use it yet. I see there will be an addon for the SC, I hope that will be available today or else I will have to stick with the mouse to use it. Shame as it was the SC that made me pull the trigger on it all!

Bare bones Voice Attack is pretty bad at voice recognition and scripting flexibility. I spent all day today trying to make Bailey's scrips dial a manual frequency, read the manuals etc, but then gave up. Windows engine just cannot tell '12' from 'one to'. VAICOM Pro adds some dll's that do some heavy lifting under the hood, it has a section to dial radios, but it also does not work for F18 for some reason. Their scrips are a blackbox, cannot debug them. They promise to sell an extension for Supercarrier ($3.50), but who knows how good it will be. I still bough the Pro license in anticipation of the carrier, just to call the ball ))

I have very complex VoiceAttack profiles. I can set radios and even calculate reciprocal headings. If you don't mind doing the work there isn't really very much it cannot do.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have just got VA and Viacom, think I got it configured but not tried to use it yet. I see there will be an addon for the SC, I hope that will be available today or else I will have to stick with the mouse to use it. Shame as it was the SC that made me pull the trigger on it all!

I am fairly certain that the Vaicom SC module will be made live, alongside the SC module's release, as there is already a switch in the VAICOM Pro configuration screen and the SC functionality will require no further download. You will need to buy the licence though.

Hey Targs, hit me up on Discord the next time you and I are on. I got Spazz and Ahk setup the other day and previously got Scrolls setup a well.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

If the VAICOM SC add on is not today it will be there within a day or 2. Hollywood may need to have a final run through on release to check all is good.

As Greyman has said - any issues feel free to ask in the VAICOM sub forum and we will get you sorted

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 4 weeks later...
I have very complex VoiceAttack profiles. I can set radios and even calculate reciprocal headings. If you don't mind doing the work there isn't really very much it cannot do.

I totally agree. I was wondering if I needed Viacom Pro or if Voice Attack would be enough. I just got Voice Attack about a week ago and I am loving it. With Bailey's profile and a few of my own commands, so far I have not found anything I cannot do with it. Since I always start my flying session with some carrier landing practice, I say "Start DCS" and it automatically loads my preselected mission, no starting mission editor first. When I say Tacan or ILS, it puts in the correct numbers that were set up in my mission editor and turns it all on.When I trap, and I want to get out of the way of the next incoming aircraft fast, I say "Taxi Setup". It raises my hook, folds the wings, switches on nose wheel steering and switches it to the high turn rate. I know it's not as realistic as hitting all that with the mouse, but it is

definitely easier and faster! I have had very little trouble with the program recognizing my commands. Keep in mind that you have to spend the time to train your computer to recognize your voice patterns. The more you train it the better it works.

Vaicom is focused on the voice operation of the radio communications system, which you are very likely to struggle to do with just VoiceAttack.

There is a free version, which although not fully featured, will give you a good idea of what it is capable of. Maybe give that a go.

When you said “it doesn’t work for the F18” did you just mean dialing radios, or the F18 in general? I fly the F18, and was about to get VAICOM, so am wondering.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Voice Attack and VAICOM is the best addition I have made to DCS.

VAICOM works perfectly with Super Carriers and adds immensely to the immersion factor.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.