SA-10

herig2

:mad: How can I defeat or survive a SA-10 launch in a A-10 ? I'm usually at between 8 to 12 thousand feet. When I see a ground 15 on the RWR, I hit the ECM, put it on my 6, and run unsucessfully, and other times I don't have any warning then WAM its ejection time. The debriefing shows its a SA-10 that got me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad: How can I defeat or survive a SA-10 launch in a A-10 ? I'm usually at between 8 to 12 thousand feet. When I see a ground 15 on the RWR, I hit the ECM, put it on my 6, and run unsucessfully, and other times I don't have any warning then WAM its ejection time. The debriefing shows its a SA-10 that got me.

The SA-10 showing up as a '15'? Really?

And...the answer to your original question...you don't. A target defended by an SA-10 effectively denies the ability to ingress at 8 to 12 thousand feet. You can either (a) wait for SEAD to take out the site, or (b) take your chances down low and pop it with a Mav. But the one thing you CAN'T do is cruise in at 8-12 thousand ft and expect to swim your way through waves of hypersonic SAMs.

sigzk5.jpg

You should be glad it even gives you a launch warning ;)

pop up behind a hill or use sub 10m flying will do the trick like D-Schythe says.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

....or use sub 10m flying will do the trick....

An aspect which is so disappointingly wrong.......the ability to splash a S-300/Patriot with your cannon whilst flying a T-Frog/A-10.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

So its safe to say if a SA-10 is in the area, I'm dead meat.

As has been said above... Fly in very, very low and use guns, rockets, missiles or just bomb the crap out of it.. whatever turns you on when you get in range.

Not the most realistic approach but it will work. :v:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

in RL the world is round, and noone places a S-300 without Tors, Buks and Pantsyrs *somewhere* near the site

Funny thing is, that radar can be sitting 20 km away, and it may not be the only one out there. A-10 vs S-300 or some other serious SAM system, well, no way Jose, maybe if like 4 squads converge on it from different vectors, but even then it's only limited by the amount of missiles.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

If you're seeing 15 in your TEWS, that's a TOR (SA-15), not an SA-10. A TOR is relatively easy to defeat if you're near the edge of it's engagement envelope, but you need to be a little lower at around 5-6,000 feet.

Just putting a missile on your 6 is not a very good evasion technique anyway, you need to add a little manouvering to that too to help use up the missiles energy.

Bear in mind also that the location of the launcher and the location of the tracking radar guiding it, may be in different locations. In Lock on, it's the tracking radar that gives the engagement zones maximum engagement range, and not always the launcher (if they're seperate entities), and with Excellent skills set, some launchers can slave to other radars.

Take the mission on the 169th server (or which used to be there). The SA-11 (BUK) launchers are scattered all over the map, but the tracking radars are many, many kilometers away from them. By the time you pick up a tracking radar on that mission, you can pretty much guarantee that you're flying within a few kilometers of a Launcher

SA-10 is the S300 and the tracking radar for it shows up as BB in your TEWS. The only thing that can save you from one of those is hiding in the long grass, and the clouds won't cut it ;)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for all the replies, :) I was half wrong about the ground 15 on the RWR, after reflying the mission the 15 lit up then the BB lit along with a few CS, there must be a number a SAM sits around the area. On the old 169th Black Sea Battles missions, I became very good at evading the SA-11, untill they ran out, then pounce for the kill. Can't seem to do the same with the SA-10.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for all the replies, :) I was half wrong about the ground 15 on the RWR, after reflying the mission the 15 lit up then the BB lit along with a few CS, there must be a number a SAM sits around the area. On the old 169th Black Sea Battles missions, I became very good at evading the SA-11, untill they ran out, then pounce for the kill. Can't seem to do the same with the SA-10.

What I would do is eject :D

PS. Check out this S-400 «Triumph» ( SA-21 Growler ) demonstration:

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

The launch footage is from the S-300, the one for the S-400 is still classified. The S-400 hit 2 targets, one travelling at 2800 m/s, the other on a ballistic trajectory at 56km. At least, that's what was said in the video.

minor correction, "the other on a ballistic trajectory at 56km altitude" ...:smilewink:

both were destroyed from the first attempt. S400 is able to track 12 targets at once... and one S-400 can replace two S-300...

:pilotfly:

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The launch footage is from the S-300, the one for the S-400 is still classified. The S-400 hit 2 targets, one travelling at 2800 m/s, the other on a ballistic trajectory at 56km. At least, that's what was said in the video.

Thanks for the translation FF!

No need to say that I don’t understand 1 word! Except "raket" or something like that! (Almost Flemish like the word “tafel” :D)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

And what happens when you have to deal with all kinds of air defence systems scattered within a limited area? For example a shilka for low altitude, a tor for medium-low coverage and then a buk or kub for high altitude-long distance. Should the pilot go low or high?

By the way, this air defence configuration seems very likely in real life. They would certainly strive for full coverage and redundency. You go low to avoid sam radar only to get shot by an infrared manpad or aaf. Its lose-lose and then you lose again situation.

Send in the delta forces. Oh I forgot they don't "exist"!

The pilot should call the SEAD package.

Quoted for truth!

Hopefully someone already foresaw these types of defenses and SEAD was already planned if a mission requires you to fly into that gauntlet. I'd say if you're encountering these defenses, your SEAD friends might now be you're DEAD friends. :D Hopefully (for them, since now you're screwed) they're still alive and just had to abort.

Looks to me like we need an antiradar version of the Minutemann III. That would certainly outrange their SAMs... might still get shot down though. Okay, how about an AIM-54-based system! Wait, we already got rid of the Tomcats... Maybe an AMRAAM-based... no, ED would undermodel it... Tough defenses to crack there, I guess we'd just have to send in the Raptors. Bwahahahaha!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.

S-300, S-400 for distant and middle distances, for the protection of these complexes from the attacks of helicopters, high-fidelity weapon (including against antiradio-location rockets) and other aims, there are complexes «Pantsyr» and Tor-m1, and new Tor-m2 which will act on an armament (already passed military tests), version of Tor-m2e the Export variant on the wheeled undercarriage for a sale abroad.

http://www.kbptula.ru/eng/index.html

http://vko.ru/DesktopModules/Articles/ArticlesView.aspx?tabID=320&ItemID=153&mid=2891&wversion=Staging

77-02.jpg

78-02.jpg

79-01.jpg

80-01.jpg

81-01.jpg

Открылась бездна звезд полна;

Звездам числа нет, бездне дна. (М. В. Ломоносов)