Engine cooling

fmedges

I know that engine damage from mismanagement is not implemented yet, but I have a question regarding the oil and intercooler. Do these both work in conjunction with one another or are they independent? I’m assuming the oil cooler would reduce the oil temp, but what temp does the intercooler manage?

They're independent, while intercooler affects carb temp (or at least it should, don't know if it's implemented either).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

They're independent, while intercooler affects carb temp (or at least it should, don't know if it's implemented either).

Intercooler affects crab temp.It is implemented.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I seem to have a lot of trouble maintaining the temps that are mentioned during training and indicated as nominal on the gauges as well. Specifically the carb temp and the head temp(the cowl adjustment). Even with the intercooler wide open I never see the 35 that was called for during the training mission. As for cylinder head temp, I don't understand that at all. It says don't operate the cowls above 225 but if I close them the temp skyrockets past 260 and maxes out.

I seem to have a lot of trouble maintaining the temps that are mentioned during training and indicated as nominal on the gauges as well. Specifically the carb temp and the head temp(the cowl adjustment). Even with the intercooler wide open I never see the 35 that was called for during the training mission. As for cylinder head temp, I don't understand that at all. It says don't operate the cowls above 225 but if I close them the temp skyrockets past 260 and maxes out.

Temps are way too high.

I think every one have this problem right now.

All we can do is wait for update.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

....It says don't operate the cowls above 225 but if I close them the temp skyrockets past 260 and maxes out.

As I understand and operate the thing myself, if your temperature is too hight, slow your plane under 225 IAS and open the cowl (operate), then you can go faster than 225 IAS ;). Just don't push or pull the cowl lever if you are too fast.

I may be wrong but it works for me.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2666Mhz, GTX 2070 Super, SSD 1To, TrackIR 5, TM16000M HOTAS

As I understand and operate the thing myself, if your temperature is too hight, slow your plane under 225 IAS and open the cowl (operate), then you can go faster than 225 IAS ;). Just don't push or pull the cowl lever if you are too fast.

I may be wrong but it works for me.

No, if you are above 225 you should not have any problems with temps.

They are not actually closed, closed position is for minimum drag,but air flow is still present.

Opening them above 225 were making some troubles with rudder, but don't remember what was it.

If you have temp problem at speeds above 225 just reduce power.

In climb you are below 225 then you will open them fully. Right now when you close cowl flaps temp just goes sky high, which is totally off.

Right now, oepning cowl flaps at speeds above 225 have no adverse effects, so i just fly with opened cowl flaps, I may close them a little if temp drop below 240C

nobody ever said you cant CLOSE the cowl flap over 225 MPH, just don't try to open them, as you will bend the living hell out of the aluminum structure that holds them......hydraulics over aluminum verses airflow forces, who wins?...

Edited by Andy1966

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

nobody ever said you cant CLOSE the cowl flap over 225 MPH, just don't try to open them, as you will bend the living hell out of the aluminum structure that holds them......hydraulics over aluminum verses airflow forces, who wins?...

You have to close them, issue is that cyl heads temp is shooting in to space when you do it.