Gore please !

Neon_20

I think it would tone down a lot of empty "heroism" in many over time. It would be "funny" at first but after some time I suspect it would start to bother the minds... which is what should be normal! And sanitizing it is not (imho). I am referring here at both types... damage done and the one received.  Wounds are bad. Makes you think. Maybe not support stupid stuff in real life after wards.

But... I agree with Bignewy's motive why is not planned.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Personally I don't see the need, and I wouldn't want it implemented anyway (and if it was, I'd want it as an opt-in feature so it's off by default). But for those who consider this a real need for their immersiveness - wouldn't it be possible for those people to implement their own custom textures mod if that's what they want? IDK how textures work, but I suspect that there's various textures for states of the aircraft as it's hit, and they could edit some files and whack custom textures in the saved games directory accordingly?

• Like 1

Well, I guess the ESRB rating issue by itself is a show stop. Personally, I don't think the idea to have that much merit in a flight sim that prides itself for realism. When you (the pilot) get hit with a large caliber bullet, it's usually curtains. While maybe there's the odd edge case in warbirds where a hit to the body may have been survivable (although I read somewhere that the death to injured ratio was 7:1 - when crew got hit, 7 out of 8 died, sorry, no source), this seems straight out for modern jets. If you get hit by a Vulcan or similar projectile in the small confines of your cockpit, while moving at some 400 KIAS, it's instantly game over. So to me, even if ESRB wasn't an issue, I wouldn't put this visual f/x high on my priority list for the few cases where it may be realistic.  

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dmatsch said:

seriously.  there are so many glaring issues with DCS that need to be fixed and you're worried about turning a flight sim into Doom?

What's next for the team's priorities, DCS cows?

No.  Just not.  Not needed, not wanted, do not care.

cows would be good .... think theyre there though ?

On 12/21/2022 at 10:08 PM, Dangerzone said:

Personally I don't see the need, and I wouldn't want it implemented anyway (and if it was, I'd want it as an opt-in feature so it's off by default). But for those who consider this a real need for their immersiveness - wouldn't it be possible for those people to implement their own custom textures mod if that's what they want? IDK how textures work, but I suspect that there's various textures for states of the aircraft as it's hit, and they could edit some files and whack custom textures in the saved games directory accordingly?

seems to be a no go sadly 

14 hours ago, cfrag said:

Well, I guess the ESRB rating issue by itself is a show stop. Personally, I don't think the idea to have that much merit in a flight sim that prides itself for realism. When you (the pilot) get hit with a large caliber bullet, it's usually curtains. While maybe there's the odd edge case in warbirds where a hit to the body may have been survivable (although I read somewhere that the death to injured ratio was 7:1 - when crew got hit, 7 out of 8 died, sorry, no source), this seems straight out for modern jets. If you get hit by a Vulcan or similar projectile in the small confines of your cockpit, while moving at some 400 KIAS, it's instantly game over. So to me, even if ESRB wasn't an issue, I wouldn't put this visual f/x high on my priority list for the few cases where it may be realistic.  

oddly its on for the b17 already ? I'm easy as can tweak in video editor , just odd that other ground based ww2 games accurately depict wounds .... I'm still for it as an option 

good chat btw , i like the honesty . cheers all .

• Like 1

sig sm.png

walshtimothyWW2 virtual flier - currently playing on 4ya ww2 - youtube channel here

https://www.ww2adinfinitum.blog -  https://projectoverlord.co.uk/