TGP, Multiple TOO GBU38 and CursorOffset

caponi

Hi Guys,

i made some tests for Multiple TOO JDAMS.

With my TGP i select 4 stationary targets.

I use the logic described in other forum threads to select 4 targets for 2 F-18 stations with two GBU-38.

after undesignate the last target i check all 4 JDAMS for different GPS coordinates.

All was fine.

if i use the normal OPR mode and press TDC then all JDAMs hit the tragets.

If i use ATRK/PTRK and Cursor Offset and press TDC all JDAMS did not hit any target.

All bombs fall too short.

Can someone confirm that or have a special hint ?

Should Multiple TOO per Cursor Offset work ?

I think and hope so.

Regards

Edited by caponi

too much ...

The thing about the offset cursor, is that at the moment it has no way to obtain the new slant range until you return to inertial mode, so it will always create the new TGT position at the same range as the pod's line-of-sight, giving no regard to elevation. So for example, an offset point that is designated closer to you will generate coordinates with less altitude than the desired designation point.

If you want to designate multiple TOO targets, your best bet is to designate, step, slew, designate, step, slew, repeat, undesignate after final designation, pickle, profit.

In this example, the structure with the box represents the pod's line-of-sight, and the structure with the cross represents the offset cursor position.

attachment.php?attachmentid=237342&d=1590523801

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Thx for the explanation.

and yes, in the normal OPR mode all targets will be hit.

Is this the real cursor behavior or is it in WIP or is it a bug ?

i have no idea about that.

But if i have a stablelized TGP and i can not use the cursor for JDAMS i have a problem to understand this circumstance :music_whistling:

Edited by caponi

too much ...

But if i have a stablelized TGP and i can not use the cursor for JDAMS i have a problem to understand this circumstance :music_whistling:

Just because e feature exists on the jet, doesn't mean it is actually useful. Could just be a tool used to make money from a ministry contract.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

If you want to designate multiple TOO targets, your best bet is to designate, step, slew, designate, step, slew, repeat, undesignate after final designation, pickle, profit.

This is the simplest and best explanation of how to do mulitple TOO targets that I've read.

Thank you!

Or just slew, designate, step, slew, step, slew, step etc. As soon as you use the TPOD to create an A/G designation, slewing the pod in ground stabilized mode (OPR only) will continuously update the designation, at least that's how the TPOD works now. You can tell from the designation diamond staying on as you slew. So remember to step to a new station or TOO1/2 BEFORE you slew to the new target.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro