Mirage III

[PTF]Ali

Testing some stuff SP in the South Atlantic, I gazed by chance at a billboard - Airport-Road, Port Stanley airfield:

Clipboard 3.jpg

HELLO - who's this? Isn't "proximamente" Spanish for "soon"? Just a remnant from the early days of developing the map or is it a hint?

I like that kind of humor, btw:

Clipboard 4.jpg

• Like 2

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

14 hours ago, Rick50 said:

Huh?

Is this real texture from that map, or a joke/photoshop?

If there's a Mirage III and Dagger on the way... then that's just COOL!!!

No photoshop, both screenshots during a single-player-session yesterday, ca. 21:30 GMT. The level of detail is just like the first pictures in this thread from 2020, so it might be old content on that PR-billboard.
Anyhow - a good reason to point on the profound need for an analogue Delta-Mirage. The F-1 is marvellous, a true gem. Now the next step to a classic Mirage delta-wing, please ... The upcoming Kfir is a close relative to the Mirage V - the good old war-hero Mirage III would be a proper choice. I personally would love to see the Mirage IV, but she's far away from the mainstream.

Edited by Retnek
typo
  • Thanks 1

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/2/2022 at 3:45 PM, GUFA said:

AS much as I would like A Mirage 3/5/50 module I would rather see RAZBAM complete the F-15E, Emb 314 ST( YES I realize that Ecuadorian AF Contract takes precedence). Get the Mig 23 MLA module moving. I also hope to see EE Lightning be developed after the Mig. And has I live about 40 minutes drive from RAAF Williamstown. I would dearly love to see a RAAF "Miracle" (RAAF Nickname for the 3s). Just don't see RAZBAM delivering within a decade at earliest.

PS when ED finally delivers ground crew can we at startup, have a guy go around the front and chuck a bucketful of jet fuel into the intake;). Old RAAF startup Procedure:).

Thanks for the info. The Lighning would be great, always loved those Avon engines. Er used a couple of variants in the Canberra and our Sabres.First aircraft I worked on during my RAAF career was the French Lady, our other nickname, when I graduated from Wagga as an Armament fitter and was posted to 481Sqn RAAF Williamtown in June 1983. Left Defence in 2016 and live in Medowie. 9 klm north. The start method you mention was called a "wet start". Basically the engine was flooded so the Sumpies (engine fitters) would throw a garbage bin full of water down the exhaust. The igniters would light up the floating AVTUR resulting in a rather large fireball coming out of the exhaust and bouncing along the tarmac. Always fun to see from a safe distance!

• 2 weeks later...

If the billboard reference is actually from RAZBAM and not fake, then they made the right choice. In keeping with the strong user trend, DCS is taking giant steps towards cold war simulation. The most important protagonists of this era such as early versions of the Mig-21, the Mig-23, Su-17/20, some types of the US 100 series, F-4, Hawker Hunter and especially the Mirage III/V family have to be introduced without further delays. That would be great for the DCS community but also in the economic interests of the module manufacturers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I really hope the IIICJ comes out sooner than later. I'd love to see a Yom Kippur server. The F-4E is coming, we have the A-4E already for the blue side. The MiG-17 is coming and we have the MiG-19 and the -21 for the red side. The Sinai map is missing air bases though like Ramat David and Ofir. 

victory.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...