ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

Hey Rusty, i changed the name of it that was my first thought. It's always something small!!

I will be releasing version 1.02 of the Montreal here in a little bit. I've added a few new textures and also the updated .lua and .edm file.

Screen-210606-180817.png

Screen-210606-180807.png

Screen-210606-180836.png

35 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

Hey Guys Montreal Version 1.0.2 has been released. Page One #20.. Enjoy! 

The patch contains a file named HMCS Montreal FFH 336.edm; does this replace the file with the same name in Shapes or Textures (or both)?

Hi Admiral,

I think Hawaiian question was : in the existing previous Mod, there are 2 files named HMCS Montreal FFH 336.edm, one in the folder Shapes, and another one in the folder Textures.

Their sizes are different, so  I guess the files are different.

So, which one must be replaced by the new one provided in Update 1.0.2 ?

Or are they both to be replaced by the new one ?

Thanks Admiral !

Great work !😃

Fly low.... sail fast.... 😋

Edited by toan

Oh ok I misunderstood! The file in the textures folder can be deleted. Each time I update the mod I place it in the textures folder. Open it in modelviewer to look for things I missed. The update replaces the existing .edm in the shapes folder. If you like the older textures you can save it.  

Sorry Hawaiian I miss understood what you asked!

Thanks Toan!!

Edited by Admiral189
  • Thanks 1

Admiral, tried out the new Montreal model and like the upgrades you made.  Discovered two problems.  First, the model has its hull separated at the waterline around the entire ship.  Second, static objects now do not sit flush with the flight deck.  They did before the change. Suspect the hull gap is causing this static height issue.

RustyGunner

Montreal a.JPG

Montreal b.jpeg

Update to the update.. version 1.0.3 is on page One. the updated files will replace the existing Montreal.edm and Collision.edm.. 

The collision model was a little too high.. it has been adjusted.. Remember if you all need to adjust the height of AI helos. Adjust the middle number of the script below.

GT.Landing_Point = {-48.585, 5.710, 0.0}    -48.585 is forward to aft, 5.710 is up and down and 0 is centerline.

I think i need to find me an assistant. Another pair of eyes that can catch the things i miss. Sometimes it's really hard to see everything. 

Screen-210607-185508.png

Screen-210607-185542.png

Edited by Admiral189

Hey Guys,

I have released version 1.0.3 of the Montreal. Add the textures to the textures folder and replace the existing HMCS Montreal.edm and also replace the Collision.edm model. The collision model has been adjust for static helos.  I only updated the GT.DM landing script in the main lua. GT.Landing_Point = {-48.585, 5.710, 0.0}     Line 64 

• Like 2

I agree with mike, good work man, WTG!
But you could check the textures/files.
There are some missing and others are not needed.

Example:

1- LCU-1627: missing: anchor_t  and HMS_glass (found it in other folders ...) and others files are not needed.

2- USNS Patuxtent: there  is a "USNS Patuxtent.EDM" of 48MB in the Tex folder :)

3- USS Constellation FFGX-62: missing "freedom_grill"

USS Cons_text.jpg

Thanks Guys!

when I get off work today I will take a look at each model. First of heard of this!! Thanks Mapi! 

I may be purging some of the models soon as I don’t see a lot of people interested in them. I will notify everyone before I do!

r,Admiral189

• Like 1

Hi,

Complementing Mapi's message concerning textures, there seem to be a conflict with the LCU-1627 texture named "White.dds" and some other Mods, preventing the LCU-1627 to load in the ME.

If it could be renamed, that would be very nice.

This has been mentioned elsewhere in other forums with other Mods using the same texture name  also.

Thanks Admiral,

Fly low...

Hey Toan! No worries. 

I have completely redone all the textures on the LCU. Hopefully I’m done today! One thing about the model is it has Vertex Paint on it and it’s a pain to remove. Sometimes I have to recreate some objects on the model! 

Also I created a new missing texture for the Constellation. That Edm you see in the textures folder Mapi you can just delete it. I have a new Oiler coming and an update to the Patuxtent.