USB 3.0 Keeps Disconnecting

DrDetroit

Good day everyone,

So a recent issue just manifest itself whereby while in DCS my 3.0 USB ports will just turn off, killing my head tracking and HOTAS and anything else plugged in. 2.0 USB are not affected, although I have only a few 2.0 ports. This happens in the non-beta Steam version.

I just uninstalled/reinstalled the Steam and stand alone versions to no avail. The stand alone was having same issue but not as prevalent. I made sure that power management turned off in Device Mangler, ect.

No changes, no installs, just all of a sudden as of last evening out of nowhere.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Good day,

DrDetroit

My issue with the USB ports is solved - thus far! No USB crashes.

Seems it was a very large Windows-10 update, which took about 3 hours to DL and install. Once Windows rebooted my computer several times, I logged in and Windows started to auto update my USB ports and plugins and installed my Warthog and other peripherals.

Anyhow, thanks for your help gentlemen!

Good day,

DrDetroit

My issue with the USB ports is solved - thus far! No USB crashes.

Seems it was a very large Windows-10 update, which took about 3 hours to DL and install. Once Windows rebooted my computer several times, I logged in and Windows started to auto update my USB ports and plugins and installed my Warthog and other peripherals.

Anyhow, thanks for your help gentlemen!

Good day,

DrDetroit

Was it Windows 10.2004?

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

You should also go to Device Manager, select each USB port and make sure that any power saving features are off. Sometimes they are on by default and they may disable USB ports.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Thanks guys. Yes, I turned off the windows USB power management in device mangler, just incase.

I should have done the Win update check first, instead of last! Although I've been meaning to clean out of DCS file, so I guess there's that.

But as of yet, looks like all is well.