Is Syria much different to Persian Gulf?

Dav IRL

um... it's not like the Persian Gulf map really at all.

It's not really flat, there's tons of trees and fields, lots of cities and towns, lots of mountains, tons of valleys and hills... Damascus, Beirut, Haifa.. these places have history!

There's several countries, lots of very detailed airbases, and just looks really good whether at high alt, or right down between the trees.

I admit when I first heard of this project I wasn't that excited, but seeing the many youtube videos showing it off, for me it's now a must-buy! Seriously, check out the many videos, by Wags, Grim Reapers and several others.

Why is this thread in the bugs and problems subforum? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Honestly Syria is now the new standard for the game, awesome graphics, varied terrain, decent performance, extreme distances and dimensions, it really leaves the other maps behind.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

If you like flying long distances, PG would offer more, since it is FAR bigger (2000 km measured from the top left end of map to the bottom right end with nice elevation details).

But there are not that much details of course, despite the bigger cities are really nice.

To really experience the size of Iran, just go by HMWVV from top left to bottom right ... (don't forget you have something to eat and drink with you ...) :P

Syria is not that big, its just ~800 km, but obviously contains much more objects.

It would be a nice idea to make a race through Iran by car ... 30 hours, a few drivers ... who will win the competition?

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Persian Gulf has 200.000 sq km.

Siria is a 300.000 sq km map.

(data displayed in the DCS web)

So, based on the data they give, Siria is actually bigger than PG.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat