Soon The Ka-50 will replace my SU-25T and my A-10 in Ground Atack :)

i am tired of the su25T and A-10 ground attack, because some times i need to fly around and aim the target, if i aim wrong i need fly around again and aim again...

Why i can't stop my aircraft in the air and aim the targets?? Because the Ka-50/Apache will do it, i think DCS-BS will solve this problem, or have some difference between Aircraft and helo in ground attack?? because in the helo you don't need fly around all time for aim the target, just stay stopped in air and aim the targets in distance.... or i am wrong?

Both vehicles has its own pluses and minuses. Of course in helo you can aim easy stay or hide behind building and fire... but remember you are perfect target for manpads or other vehicles, plane can somehow maneuver going misslile, helo rather doesn't. To aim and shoot down much ground targets you have to practise it... and after some time you will be able to aim good and kill few targets in one run.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

i am tired of the su25T and A-10 ground attack, because some times i need to fly around and aim the target, if i aim wrong i need fly around again and aim again...

Why i can't stop my aircraft in the air and aim the targets?? Because the Ka-50/Apache will do it, i think DCS-BS will solve this problem, or have some difference between Aircraft and helo in ground attack?? because in the helo you don't need fly around all time for aim the target, just stay stopped in air and aim the targets in distance.... or i am wrong?

You're gonna miss your T-Bird and the Beryoza when you get clubbed by SHORAD you had no idea were lurking behind the next corner................

Hover.........Target ID'd............Locked................BOOM!..................WTF :huh:

:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The attack helicopter is the quivalent of the sniper of air warefare.

Get in low, and at at standoff range....pinpoint the target with accuracy... boom... and get out low.

The a-10 and Su-25 is more like a cavallery charge, powerfull and brutal

straight towards the enemy with blazing guns.

It all has it own charm.:thumbup:

The attack helicopter is the quivalent of the sniper of air warefare.

Get in low, and at at standoff range....pinpoint the target with accuracy... boom... and get out low.

The a-10 and Su-25 is more like a cavallery charge, powerfull and brutal

straight towards the enemy with blazing guns.

It all has it own charm.:thumbup:

That's certainly the best way to use the Vikhr - but then the Vikhr only occupies two of your four pylons. To get those S-8s on target you've got to get up close and personal . . .

If you're on an antiarmour mission, though, forget it. Vikhr for heavily armoured stuff, cannon at standoff range if there's trucks or BMPs around. Then go home :P

Otherwise . . . snipe any air defence stuff you can see with the Vikhr, then come in with the S-8s and appropriate burst settings and strafe to your heart's content . . .

Wait until you get clubbed by that tank you didn't see ... 120mm smoothbore goodness FTW!!!

Thinking of the Ka-50 as a sniper might be useful in some limited circumstances ... like bgp said above :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Er... think S-8s ain't against tanks? There are variants destroying more than 400 mm of conventional armor (think it ain't modelled in LOFC); if you're accurate on an accurate helo... well, you must get closer than with Vihrs:)

Bye!

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

Er... think S-8s ain't against tanks? There are variants destroying more than 400 mm of conventional armor (think it ain't modelled in LOFC); if you're accurate on an accurate helo... well, you must get closer than with Vihrs:)

Bye!

Feel free to try in Black Shark - I'm just warning you, you're not likely to come out of such an engagement victorious . . .

If you think you can actually score a direct hit on a tank ...

I would think the armor penetration value is for determining effectiveness against buildings and especially bunkers.

Bye!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Feel free to try in Black Shark - I'm just warning you, you're not likely to come out of such an engagement victorious . . .

I'll try... Tried on Su-33 yesterday... not a pinpoint striker. But for pop-up targets, if there ain't no time to make the aiming charm for Vihrs...:) Don't forget there ain't no WSO on board, you have to do evything. And it takes time to make a correct aiming and home a missile even with WSO.

But you're right. After that kind of engagement, I gonna break left and act like a mole:D

Bye!

A better result with Su-25...

BTW, there's a pop-up firing mode of unguided rockets, it can double the maximum range of S-8, but it definitely ain't a pinpoint strike:D, it is for area attack. I cannot try it in LOFC cause of the self-destroying (fading away) rockets. Will it be possible in BS?

Bye!

A better result with Su-25...

BTW, there's a pop-up firing mode of unguided rockets, it can double the maximum range of S-8, but it definitely ain't a pinpoint strike:D, it is for area attack. I cannot try it in LOFC cause of the self-destroying (fading away) rockets. Will it be possible in BS?

Bye!

A range of weapons will have WAFM in Black Shark - not all of them, but I think those used by the Ka50 have had the treatment.

I think the S-8 and S-13 are on that list. So yeah, if you were to point the nose above the horizon and fire, the rocket would follow a ballistic trajectory and come back down to earth eventually. Good luck aiming it, though ;)

Good luck aiming it, though ;)

In real life, there are charts with pop-up speeds and distances, pitch angles etc. Of course, these are for a battle of face-to-face armies with known positions (a Cold War-style tank/arty battle plan:)). But I'll try it... Needs proper mission planning or a TACP/pathfinder team. May be useful against wide area objects (enemy FARP...) defended by AK and MANPAD guys. I don't wanna get closer than necessary and in a tent camp I cannot find a target for my Vihrs...

A good question is the ballistic throw and we need HE warheads. I'll make the test flights:D

Thanks and bye!

• ED Team

Interesting thread.

Most people will find that being a hovering target or flying directly at a main tank gun / ATGM carrier under 3.5 km with little crossing will be a bad idea. Instead, Vikhr attacks out beyond 4 km and slashing attacks with a weave will be much more safe. As has been mentioned before, in addition to a ground vehicle's main weapons, many also have secondary machine guns that they will use as well now. Even non-air defense systems have a bite now.

Hopefully I will be able to do a producer's note about attack tactics.

• Like 1

Wait until you get clubbed by that tank you didn't see ... 120mm smoothbore goodness FTW!!!

Thinking of the Ka-50 as a sniper might be useful in some limited circumstances ... like bgp said above :D

I DEPped as a 19k (tanker) before I submited my WOFT packet, my recruiter gave me a lot of shit because he was a 19k. apparntly the FCS on an Abrams is good enough to knock a helo out of the sky, I don't think the abrams has any recorded aviation kills, but i'd love to see one some day.

Wait until you get clubbed by that tank you didn't see ... 120mm smoothbore goodness.....

Aye - akin to a

Don't suppose it's modelled, eh? Would love to see what a coupla rounds does to a Helo at Close Range.......a 1100+ reasons why you should have just stayed in bed :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I am curious to know how the ka50 will stand up to a main battle tank, especially one like the American Abrams or the British Challenger 2. the Gulf war and the current GWOT has shown us that those 2 beasts can take some hits. other than a 500KG IED that consisted of an anti-tank mine, and many 155mm rounds which managed to blow the turret off of the abrams (while the hatch is cracked) and still 2 of the crew members survived and the abrams was still salvageable.

"Oil and .50 caliber rounds were scattered in the interior, the ammunition doors were opened and several thermite grenades ignited inside. Another M1 then fired a HEAT round in order to ensure the destruction of the disabled tank. The tank was completely disabled but still intact. Later, an AGM-65 Maverick and two AGM-114 Hellfire missiles were fired into the tank to finish its destruction. Remarkably, the tank still appeared to be intact from the exterior."

so comparing the Ka-50's AT-16 and the AH-64's AGM-114, I wonder whats more effective against Armor.

Aye - akin to a

Don't suppose it's modelled, eh? Would love to see what a coupla rounds does to a Helo at Close Range.......a 1100+ reasons why you should have just stayed in bed :D

it's "M1028" now since it hit service in '03.

it would be like shooting a duck with a 12 gauge...

"automated duck killer"

so comparing the Ka-50's AT-16 and the AH-64's AGM-114, I wonder whats more effective against Armor.

Hi,

Hellfires have an advantage to hit from above; turret or engine bay "roof" is the weak point of a tank. Vihrs are laser beam riders so you have a big chance to attack the thickest (front) armor on it. But there are more posibilities: get off its caterpillar, its sensors or its armament. Can be a way to lay it out.

(In LOFC, it takes only 70-80 rounds from GAU-8/A to blow up a T-80 from dive. From low level flight I have to fire 3-400 rounds...)

Will the "partial destroy" (no caterpillar: no movement but able to fire its gun) be modelled in BS?

Bye!

I made a thread a few months ago asking about this very thing; whether armor effectiveness would be modeled. My concern came from the fact that FC is very simplified in terms of penetration and what constitutes a kill. One or two hits from a Vikhr or Maverick anywhere on any vehicle seem to kill anything, and things are either dead or alive, no in between. IIRC, the official answer was that it would be modeled better in BS to an extent, but nothing like you see in a war game or tank sim like Steel Beasts.

In the future it would be nice to have this modeled to the fullest extent. There is a reason why stuff like Chobham and Kontakt were developed, and thats to stop tanks from being totally screwed over by chemical energy penetrators. In the mean time, its awesome to here that they'll defend themselves with machine guns and fire on you with they're main gun. That will go quite a ways in making up for any armor modeling. :)