Wrong SD-10 position-data export (using TacView as proof)

D4n

Log-data (from the multiplayer-server owner) shows that the JF-17 that is seen in the TacView shot me down. So it must be the SD-10 that is in the wrong area.

The big issue with this bug is that it also affect RWR warnings into believing that one already defeated the missile (as I didn't get any launch-warning anymore since you can see in the TacView the missile was not even pointing in my heading to trigger launch warning)

Trackfile: https://ufile.io/3g8fn7fb

Edited by D4n
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

This is not about SD-10 but any missile.

Missiles are client side, so their position is different in every client.

What happened was that in your client / Server you notched it, but what really matters in the end is shooter client, in his screen the missile hit you and so you died.

(Yes even server can have a different position of the missile).

(Yes even server can have a different position of the missile).

But this fact came up only recently... several months ago the server tacview always showed correct missile hits, right?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

That is the pretty well known chaff desync bug, it only affects missiles on the new chaff model, which the SD-10 was moved to two patches ago. The AMRAAM has the exact same issue

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

hope it's also pretty well known amongst ED team, because this really ruins dogfights because RWR also acts broken when victim-client thinks that the missile is somewhere completely else...

hope it's also pretty well known amongst ED team, because this really ruins dogfights because RWR also acts broken when victim-client thinks that the missile is somewhere completely else...

As stated this is a major MP desynch issue. Seems to be getting progressively worse. They have been aware of this for a while.

• Like 1

That is the pretty well known chaff desync bug, it only affects missiles on the new chaff model, which the SD-10 was moved to two patches ago. The AMRAAM has the exact same issue

wait, so like the missile goes for chaff on one client and doesnt on another client? jesus christ ED...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Yes because the only events synced between clients are missile launch, impact, and maybe loft?

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg